Apr 21, 2004
45460 posts
11907 upvotes
yyz64 wrote:
May 10th, 2017 11:34 pm
Shouldn't be it's suppose to be $20 = 1 air mile
You're right:
https://www.rona.ca/en/air-miles-reward ... -utilities

but the coupon did state the following, which I really don't understand except that I did get one bonus point on top of the one AM I received:
The first Mile will be awarded upon the valid use of this coupon and the difference between that Mile and the offer will be deposited in the Collector Account within 60 days following the end of the promotion.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
3226 posts
713 upvotes
M-Arkham
Here's myu plan,

Fill up 25L at shell, and go in to buy $50 LCBO giftcard
with the 7x bonus for in-store purchase, you get 35 airmiles outta that on top of the 11 from the gas
use the Giftcard to buy the $40 vodka(i dun drink wine, and its almost summer,i'll use the vodka for mixing fruit drinks)

Pretty much covered 2 purchase, and get 67air miles with $10 lcbo gc to spare, pretty sure i'll use that for beer or some misc booze later.

Now lets see what rexall, and staples will pump out, too bad PSN subscription is no longer $50, else that would be an ez hit.

For last offer,
Redeem at sobey or use the foodland offer or maybe go buy something thru the airmiles.ca ad link which includes amazon.ca
2x Zoomer $36 for 3GB and 400min call
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse
Aug 23, 2016
212 posts
35 upvotes
Guelph
Bought some paperwork from staples spend around $100, only 2 air miles showed up and not the 10x bonus. Hopefully they will show up later on?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1174 posts
758 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sobeys offer has disappeared from the megamiles offers for Ontario
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1423 posts
391 upvotes
treasureseeker3 wrote:
May 11th, 2017 8:08 am
It was only over the weekend I beleive
Nov 8, 2015
7 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal, QC
aew0314 wrote:
May 11th, 2017 7:08 am
Bought some paperwork from staples spend around $100, only 2 air miles showed up and not the 10x bonus. Hopefully they will show up later on?
Same here. How hard is it to post bonus airmiles at the same time of base ones ? I tried yesterday on staples.ca... we'll see if it makes a difference.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1782 posts
534 upvotes
treasureseeker3 wrote:
May 11th, 2017 8:08 am
Yes, as in previous Mega Miles promotions, a coupon disappears after the end date (May 7 in this case). More troubling to me is that for the 2 redemptions I did on May 5 and 6 (one Sobeys and one Urban Fresh), 10 bonus miles for a product appeared this morning in my account, but NOT the 25 for the Mega Miles "no coupon required". Not sure how long to wait ...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5546 posts
3130 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Brewmeanie wrote:
May 11th, 2017 6:26 am
Here's myu plan,

Fill up 25L at shell, and go in to buy $50 LCBO giftcard
with the 7x bonus for in-store purchase, you get 35 airmiles outta that on top of the 11 from the gas
use the Giftcard to buy the $40 vodka(i dun drink wine, and its almost summer,i'll use the vodka for mixing fruit drinks)

Pretty much covered 2 purchase, and get 67air miles with $10 lcbo gc to spare, pretty sure i'll use that for beer or some misc booze later.

Now lets see what rexall, and staples will pump out, too bad PSN subscription is no longer $50, else that would be an ez hit.

For last offer,
Redeem at sobey or use the foodland offer or maybe go buy something thru the airmiles.ca ad link which includes amazon.ca
I like the way you roll... Think I will copy your Shell plan except my LCBO purchase will be for the wine (this Vodka was on promo a few months back and we bought a bottle... Cannot say we were fans. But then again some would say we are "booze snobs", I just like to say we may have a more developed palate. So YMMV)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5546 posts
3130 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
In addition to Mega Miles. Also received my Little Book of Bonuses in the mail this week. Looks like May is going to be an awesome month to stack / double-dip. Will make qualifying for Onyx that much easier.
Aug 12, 2006
332 posts
96 upvotes
It didn't occur to me to get a LCBO gc at Shell for the bonus and use it for the wine so thanks Brewmeanie! I was going to fill up tonight and use the Shell offer, so I'll grab the gc too and go to the LCBO tomorrow.

I've used the Foodland offer, and I'm keeping track of my Mastercard transactions to hit the 25 before the end of the month. Then Shell, Rexall, LCBO and I'll be done. The wine isn't something I would have bought, but everything else is regular spending, so a $20 bottle of wine for $125 worth of AM is worth it.

I got Onyx membership automatically when I upgraded my AirMiles Amex to the Reserve card. The annual fee is $299, but there's a $100 statement credit plus 500 airmiles for spending $3,000 in the first three months and I wanted Onyx because you can cover the taxes and fees on flights with miles. I have three trips coming up that I'm trying to cover almost all of the cost on points, so I'm using every bonus offer and signup bonus I can.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3067 posts
880 upvotes
I did
1. Shell fill up (10x miles showed up in airmiles account)
2. Redeemed $10 at Sobeys
3. LCBO Wine (bonus miles showed up in account)
4. >$150 from airmilesshop.ca (bought a suit from Hudson Bay, nothing showed yet)
5. > $25 at Rexall (Bonus and coupon appeared on receipt but not from account yet)

I may do a $45 staples in the event I have to return the suit.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9121 posts
1768 upvotes
safeway and shell are the only reliable partners, everything else you need to manually track, everytime i buy at shell, they post in 2 days usually, safeway is about 9 days later, but they always show up from those 2 companies.
Sep 9, 2015
572 posts
264 upvotes
Nanaimo
i used Rexall $25, Shell 25L, Staples $75, Rona $60, will use Thrifty's $75 soon on groceries. All of them have the coupon listed on my receipt, even if it doesn't show bonus miles listed at the bottom. I shopped at Lowe's and spent over $100, but their coupon doesn't work until last week of the month for some reason.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
45460 posts
11907 upvotes
I went with Rona to complete this campaign but did buy a 10 ft ladder at Lowes because Werner ladders were 15% off until yesterday and there's the $10 off $50 code when one signs up.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4576 posts
796 upvotes
Rona is no tax this weekend too, so, something for you guys to think about...
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*