I dont see LCBO on Ontario list......?
akaManny wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 11:22 am
No coupons, but the following are mentioned in the 'Metro' booklet:
LCBO
marlin travel
airmilesshops.ca
GoodYear

The current set of LCBO AM offers ends Saturday, Nov 10. The next set likely will contain some that qualify for STB, but we will need to wait for airmiles.ca/ShopTheBlock to see which ones. Last year, I recall that there were 2 sets of LCBO offers, presumably because LCBO has their own regular schedule, always ending on a Saturday, that straddled STB.
This

The LCBO works on a 2 week rotation for AirMiles
Which coincides with their in-house Products Promos
(Ie Vintages Wine Releases happen every second Saturday)
You can pick up a copy of the Vintages Mag Instore (or look online) to see what items currently are giving out AirMiles Bonuses... and sometimes find out about what’s to come in the following release

With this year’s STB spanning 6 weeks (supposedly)
It means there might be up to 3 sets of AirMiles Bonuses
So lots of opportunities to earn Bonus Miles... or count in LCBO as a STB Partner

NOTE - Current List on this thread is EXTREMELY PRELIMINARY
(based on what’s been seen in a very few Sponsored STB Booklets)
We are all awaiting the AirMiles ShoptheBlock Website to go LIVE so we can sell the FULL LIST of “kick off” Offers
Knowing that the website Offers will add / expire as the STB Promo wears on
Nov 4, 2018
7 posts
9 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 1:56 pm
The coupon books are available at select AirMiles Partners, the bigger or National ones as they sponsor the Booklets.

The Booklets are distributed by these Partners, Regionally. And therefore not consistent... your Rexall May have one version (prominently featuring them) while the Sobey’s may have another (prominently featuring them) ... or in some areas, they both co-sponsor, and distribute the same Booklets

Honestly... IMO the Booklets are for Shop The Block / AirMiles ROOKIES... as they only give a SMALL FRACTION of what’s available in the way of Offers & Challenges for Earning

The website, is MUCH BETTER cause it lists EVERYTHING
Long time lurker here but first time poster lol...Big time Air Miles collector.

The booklets aren't actually sponsored.. I've asked cashiers in store before and they say that Air Miles provides them for free for partners... specifically the big partners.

I also don't think they're different..? I always get booklets from every partner I see them at and they're always the same except for Metro/Sobeys - Metro only features their own offers and Sobeys only their own. Think it has something to do with them being direct competitors but who knows.. maybe something contractual. Besides that though, all the ones I've seen at different partners are the same. Who knows though..

Totally agree with you on the website. The website is the best. I always get the booklets just in case they have something the website doesn't have but that's never the case. Website is the go to fir all the best info and instructions!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6223 posts
3818 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
MillennialPointGal wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 2:50 pm
Long time lurker here but first time poster lol...Big time Air Miles collector.

The booklets aren't actually sponsored.. I've asked cashiers in store before and they say that Air Miles provides them for free for partners... specifically the big partners.

I also don't think they're different..? I always get booklets from every partner I see them at and they're always the same except for Metro/Sobeys - Metro only features their own offers and Sobeys only their own. Think it has something to do with them being direct competitors but who knows.. maybe something contractual. Besides that though, all the ones I've seen at different partners are the same. Who knows though..

Totally agree with you on the website. The website is the best. I always get the booklets just in case they have something the website doesn't have but that's never the case. Website is the go to fir all the best info and instructions!!
As a newbie... I say Welcome to the STB 2018 Topic, and the AMs conversation

I also am not going to argue with you...
But you are getting your info from a Cashier
(I get the bulk of my info direct from AirMiles)

In my Experience... and many other Loyalty Members (not just AirMiles)
Cashiers rarely have a big picture of what’s happening
Just ask anyone who’s been participating in these AirMiles BIG BONUS EVENTS in the past
Many times it US THE COLLECTORS who have to tell the Cashiers how to use the coupons & offers
So we are sure of getting the Miles & Credits
Despite the fact that the Cashiers are supposedly trained, or there are instructions printed on the coupons

I think back to STB 2017 and MegaMiles 2018, this was a BIG Issue at the likes of Shell & Sobey’s among others
The order in which the Collectors Card was swiped, the coupon read, and the proper PLU code (or key) entered
It meant a lot in whether the Offer / Partner ended up being credited
And the standings the Collector had toward their required Transactions / Challenges completed for the BIG BONUSES

Sponsored might not be the correct word per se in this instance
But the idea is the same
Big AirMiles Partners BUY IN to the AirMiles Program because of the Customers it brings their way

And Booklets can and do differ...
as you noted you have seen it yourself between Metro & Sobey’s
And I live in Eastern Ontario... so Booklets are different here quite a bit
As we see a bit of an overlap between Eastern Ontario & West Quebec
In addition to the major chains

But yes, you are right...
The STB Website is KING when it comes to info for the Promotion
We anxiously await it so we can truly KNOW what’s going on this time round

Do hope you’ll follow this thread, and partake in the dialogue
And are able to tap in to the BIG BONUSES that many RFDers enjoy thru the various Tips & Tricks shared here

EDITED to remove a quote that somehow cross posted from another reply, on another topic
Aka RFD Ghosts & Goblins and quirky computer glitches at it again
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1872 posts
650 upvotes
airmiles.ca/ShopTheBlock now shows "Coming Soon - Our Shop the Block™ promotion begins in 7 days!" No additional details regarding partners or offers, except in the FAQs:

Q: How do I use the Bank of Montreal and American Express Credit Card offers?
A: For both the BMO and American Express Credit Card offers, as long as you opt in from November 15 to December 27, all purchases made during that time frame will count, even if made before opting in. For example: If you opt in on December XX, purchases made from November 15 to December 27 will count towards the 20 purchases.
Nov 4, 2018
7 posts
9 upvotes
akaManny wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 11:44 am
airmiles.ca/ShopTheBlock now shows "Coming Soon - Our Shop the Block™ promotion begins in 7 days!" No additional details regarding partners or offers, except in the FAQs:

A: For both the BMO and American Express Credit Card offers, as long as you opt in from November 15 to December 27, all purchases made during that time frame will count, even if made before opting in. For example: If you opt in on December XX, purchases made from November 15 to December 27 will count towards the 20 purchases.
Seems like there is no way to access the FAQ page anymore.. I don't see that info anywhere.
Dec 26, 2012
62 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
need this to hurry up as i have a shopping list for Rexall already. I"m out of a ton of stuff.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1872 posts
650 upvotes
Nov 7th, 2018 12:20 pm
Seems like there is no way to access the FAQ page anymore.. I don't see that info anywhere.
Oops, maybe I should not have posted about the FAQ ...
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2868 posts
1255 upvotes
Canada
I don’t think I have ever received the airmiles for these types of events. Having to chase AM to award them to me when I have followed the instructions is just not something I am willing to do..
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
46021 posts
12323 upvotes
Anyone calculated the minimum spend in Ontario to get 2,000 AM (HBC conversion is free but I've got two to three AM accounts that can avail of this promo)?

Definitely not buying $100+ at staples just to meet the 7 partner requirement.

edit:

For one AM account I haven't plundered:
  1. Rexall: - Redeem 190 Cash Miles ($20) & Get 40 BAM - COUPON NOT REQUIRED
  2. Rona/Home & Garden Rona: - Redeem 285 Cash Miles ($30) & Get 10 BAM - COUPON NOT REQUIRED
  3. Metro: - Redeem 95 Cash Miles ($10) & Get 50 BAM - COUPON REQUIRED (PRINT OR USE PLU: 83911)
  4. Shell: - On Your Next Min 25L Fuel Purchase Get 5 BAM - COUPON REQUIRED (SCAN COUPON IN-STORE OR USE OFFER AT PUMP BY 1ST OPTING IN AT airmiles.ca/ShopTheBlock)
  5. LCBO?
  6. HBC? (tips were posted but not sure if I can use on HBC Rewards Card multiple times)
  7. airmilesshop?
  8. Lowe's: - Get 10x AM WUS $20+ On All Southwire, Woods, Woods Pro & Yellow Jack Extension Cords, Surge Protectors, Networking Tools And Pre-Cut Wire - COUPON NOT REQUIRED
  9. sobeys?

I don't think there is a Timber Mart or Jean Coutu in the GTA.

Looks like I will be limited to 2 AM accounts at most this time.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Nov 7th, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 11, 2017
209 posts
150 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 12:51 pm
Anyone calculated the minimum spend in Ontario to get 2,000 AM (HBC conversion is free but I've got two to three AM accounts that can avail of this promo)?

Well. I would say it really depends on Sobeys/Foodland offers that we don't know yet. But assuming the same as last year (Redeem 95AM, Get 25AM), that's two more, Plus Metro Redeem, Plus HBC Autoconvert is 4 for "spending" nothing, just redeeming existing miles. To get up to 7, we will have to see what else comes up to be certain, but it last year holds true, we can get 4 for "spending" nothing

EDIT: Forgot the Rexall Offer posted for Redeem 190AM, Get 40AM, and Shell is a pretty easy/cheap one. If you don't normally get their gas, you can just do the Spend $10, Get 5AM. Making 6 total for as low as $10 spent OOP
Last edited by johnb56789 on Nov 7th, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1872 posts
650 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 12:51 pm

The minimum spend for what we know now is $30 + whatever you spend on 20 transactions on BMO and Amex AM credit cards:
$10 Shell in-store
$20 Lowes
redeem miles at Rexall, Rona, Metro
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
46021 posts
12323 upvotes
For those who autoconvert (never done it), we just take screen shots along the way? Is there a minimum HBC rewards to trigger the autoconvert? :) Or can we start the autoconvert with zero HBC reward points?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6223 posts
3818 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
akaManny wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 11:44 am

Nov 7th, 2018 12:20 pm
This.

The FAQs Page / Tab isn’t working now.

But the Terms & Conditions are LIVE

* Between November 15, 2018 and December 27, 2018, Collectors must make eligible purchases at (i) 7 different AIR MILES Partners using 7 or more different AIR MILES® Shop the Block™ Event Bonus Offers (“Bonus Offers”) and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Offer to qualify for the 2,000 Bonus Miles; or (ii) 5 different participating AIR MILES Partners using 5 different Bonus Offers and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Offer to qualify for the 1,000 Bonus Miles; or (iii) 3 different participating AIR MILES Partners using 3 different Bonus Offers and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Offer to qualify for the 300 Bonus Miles. Criteria, offer periods and spend frequency may vary for each Bonus Offer. Please see the terms and conditions of each unique Bonus Offer for specific details. Bonus Offers available only in the AIR MILES Shop the Block™ Event Coupon Booklet or at airmiles.ca/ShopTheBlock. Limit of one (1) Bonus Offer per Collector Number. Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6223 posts
3818 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
grantz wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 12:38 pm
I don’t think I have ever received the airmiles for these types of events. Having to chase AM to award them to me when I have followed the instructions is just not something I am willing to do..
If you follow this topic, and the Tips & Tricks that folks post... including knowing which Retailers / Partners there can be issues with... one typically does little or no chasing with AirMiles after the event.

Most cases where RFDers have not been awarded their miles... it is because they did not follow the exact instructions for each Offer / Challenge... or heed the info that others share in these RFD Topics

I think back here to past issues with
Canada Post via AirMiles Shops.ca
Or the likes of Shell... where one has to get the Cashier to punch in the coupon code in a distinct order etc

At 2000 Miles for the BIG BONUS... a value of $ 210.53
And 33% of the miles needed annually to qualify for Onyx
Not participating ... especially at a low spend level
Or if buying stuff anyhow (day to day OR Christmas Shopping etc) seems a crazy missed opportunity to me
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6223 posts
3818 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 1:04 pm
For those who autoconvert (never done it), we just take screen shots along the way? Is there a minimum HBC rewards to trigger the autoconvert? :) Or can we start the autoconvert with zero HBC reward points?
Last year HBC had two offers.

One for signing up for AutoConvert
And then another for making a purchase with AutoConvert in place.

The latter was the bigger offer.

AirMiles Earned are POSTED from HBC Rewards Points in ones account
If you sign up for AutoConvert and the Offer / Challenge says X AirMiles
It means that the equivalent # of points are first posted to your HBC Rewards Account... and then about 2 weeks later are POSTED to your AirMiles Account as Miles (40 HBC Rewards Points = 1 AirMile)

Thread Information

There are currently 39 users viewing this thread. (24 members and 15 guests)

ziyizhu9, hill15, controller19, 775681, srz5095, dyingfool, tjason, phht, dibella360, Slingshot377, smartiesummer, azncapcom, cbt123, silverele, wrigley, gosamburu, ttoommyy, MisterX, ablok, krazynuck, jonnieh, zhuranzhang, akaManny, mkl38s