Hot Deals

[Air Miles] Shop The Block Is Back - Nationwide (Nov 14 to Dec 14, 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 11:01 am
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1042 posts
638 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gardener28 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:37 am
Question for Shell- spend $50 and get 10 Miles nov 14-27, and nov 28-dec 14 (two separate coupon)
Can I just use airmiles cash for this offer, like spend $50 on gas, and pay with airmiles cash, and still get the bonus?
I still have about 2K in airmiles cash and don't know what I am going to do with it..

Thanks,
Pretty sure it's seperate offer, should be counted as two blocks
Jun 29, 2017
73 posts
113 upvotes
I had around a $100 in HBC points, but hadn't touched the account in just over a year. I figured I'd convert them... I logged into HBC rewards and it shows 0 points. I dig and see this...

"A Hudson’s Bay Rewards Account is deemed to be inactive if Points are not earned in connection with such Account for 12 consecutive months. Once an Account is deemed to be inactive, all Hudson’s Bay Rewards Points in such Account may, in Hudson’s Bay Company’s sole discretion, be deemed to have been forfeited by such Member, with or without notice."

who expires rewards points these days! I thought everyone had realized expiring them was a bad idea... frig.
Aug 17, 2010
45 posts
8 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone bought the taco shells yet at sobeys? I am not sure if the cashier put in the air miles coupon code correctly. It shows as “promotional plu 57” on the receipt.
Feb 20, 2004
597 posts
169 upvotes
akaManny wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:55 pm
I'm in the same situation in Ontario. The printed booklet has only one coupon - combining the 2 offers. But now online, I see 2 separate coupons.
Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you register to auto-convert your Hudson's Bay Rewards points to Miles.*, and
Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you enroll in Hudson's Bay Rewards and opt-in to convert them to Miles.*

PLUS, get 100 Bonus Miles when you spend $50.

However, there is no code or coupon to scan. So I made the change to convert HB rewards to AM, and then plan to spend $50. Whether this will count as one offer or two, don't know.
I would think the 2 HBC offers listed are 2 different offers. The title on the promo site states:

'Each one of the offers below counts!
Tip! You can pick more than one offer from the same Partner.'

I mean if they only wanted us to consider it as one HBC, offer they would have had just the one offer with the 10 AM to auto convert with the 100 AM when you spend 50 listed. But there's another one listed as a separate offer saying you get 10 AM for auto convert. This HBC one is probably the easiest one to do in BC. It really sucks for BC this year compared to last year. Last year I did 7. But this year I can only see myself doing 5.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2139 posts
492 upvotes
well my first attempt was a bust. LCBO I went to sold out the bottle I wanted. So I went to shell and spent $50 on gas, gave the coupon and the attendant has no clue how to put it in since it wasn't scanned. He told me to comeback later and after he checked with head office, he will enter it for me. So I paid the bill and it was only $48.73 (?). They have discounted $0.03/l promotion and I didn't even know. So at the end, enter the coupon or not, my purchase was not qualified :(. I will go for the other offers and just forget about Shell
Sep 9, 2017
89 posts
36 upvotes
Winnipeg
lor74 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:56 pm
Question for those that normally fill up at Shell:

I gave the cashier the AM print out, and it scanned as unknown. The cashier said that the coupons are not needed for the promo to be applied....is this correct?

Ty
Pretty sure you need the coupon.
Sep 9, 2017
89 posts
36 upvotes
Winnipeg
mkl38s wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:44 pm
well my first attempt was a bust. LCBO I went to sold out the bottle I wanted. So I went to shell and spent $50 on gas, gave the coupon and the attendant has no clue how to put it in since it wasn't scanned. He told me to comeback later and after he checked with head office, he will enter it for me. So I paid the bill and it was only $48.73 (?). They have discounted $0.03/l promotion and I didn't even know. So at the end, enter the coupon or not, my purchase was not qualified :(. I will go for the other offers and just forget about Shell
Well that's a rough start to the promo! My sympathies. I hope the rest of it goes more smoothly for you:-)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2169 posts
2927 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Holy cow Ontario - nice, easy orders to getting 2,000 BAM's. As mentioned above, the west gets the shaft...again.

Looking like a late night for me getting all of the offers posted (again, thanks Ontario...LOL).

PS. for those that have already taken advantage of the offers and are getting approval PLU's/approved promo codes/etc, thank you. Please keep them coming and I will try to incorporate them into their respective offers in the main posting.

PSS. I decided last night to move the FAQ's to the Thread Summary, as the main posting will be very large and I'm afraid I'll exceed the 60,000 character threshold per post.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1042 posts
638 upvotes
Toronto, ON
[ Nov 14 to Dec 14 ] - BMO Air Miles Mastercard - Make 25 Purchases With Your BMO AM MC. Will Count As 1 Used Bonus Offer. Purchases Can Be Made At Same Or Multiple Retailers. No Min Spend Per Purchase. Must Opt In To Qualify

Buy McDonald's $1 coffer from Nov 14 to Dec 14 Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 27, 2004
748 posts
43 upvotes
robfun wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:41 pm
I had around a $100 in HBC points, but hadn't touched the account in just over a year. I figured I'd convert them... I logged into HBC rewards and it shows 0 points. I dig and see this...

"A Hudson’s Bay Rewards Account is deemed to be inactive if Points are not earned in connection with such Account for 12 consecutive months. Once an Account is deemed to be inactive, all Hudson’s Bay Rewards Points in such Account may, in Hudson’s Bay Company’s sole discretion, be deemed to have been forfeited by such Member, with or without notice."

who expires rewards points these days! I thought everyone had realized expiring them was a bad idea... frig.
This happened to me many years ago and they reinstated my points. You may need to go to an HBC Rewards desk in a store. Worth a try.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2006
4844 posts
240 upvotes
I guess my plan so far is
95 Sobey redeem for 3 cadbury (~$10) = Bonus 25 + 20
95 Foodland redeem for 3 cadbury (~10) = Bonus 25 + 20
Sobey Tortillas = Bonus 10
Shell gas + GC = Bonus 10
Shell gas + GC = Bonus 10

Total cost = ~$110 + 190 Airmiles. Compensation = 2000 + 120 Airmiles ($223 Value) + Tortillas + 6 Chocolate Bars + Gas (~35-40L) + $50 in GC

Pretty good deal. Might do three online if I really want. But value isn't really there (Spend Min $60 [20 each place]) and get $15 back in airmiles points).
Mar 1, 2012
27 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Spend 36 dollars to finished 4 sobeys offers tonight.
Taco kit
Cadbury chocolate
Herbal essences
Chicken bacon
Sep 9, 2017
89 posts
36 upvotes
Winnipeg
So I clicked the HBC coupon link, and linked up my HBC card # with my Air Miles #, and got this message/email response:

"Thank you for your request to automatically redeem your Hudson's Bay Rewards points for AIR MILES® Reward Miles every week.
The total balance of your Hudson's Bay Rewards points (those which are currently in your account) along with any points earned from this date going forward will automatically be redeemed for AIR MILES® Reward Miles at a rate of 40 points for 1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile. You simply continue to use your existing Hudson's Bay Rewards Card."

I assume this fulfills the "auto-convert your Hudson's Bay Rewards points to Miles.*" requirement? The wording is slightly different, but the result sounds the same. Thoughts anyone?
Jan 12, 2005
392 posts
29 upvotes
My receipt says the same.

Bought the chocolate on a separate receipt and it says the same thing also
webconfig wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:43 pm
Has anyone bought the taco shells yet at sobeys? I am not sure if the cashier put in the air miles coupon code correctly. It shows as “promotional plu 57” on the receipt.
Jan 12, 2005
392 posts
29 upvotes
I am trying to make an eBay purchase for the Air Miles Shops offer. It keeps forcing me to make multiple checkouts because the items are in different currencies. Does anyone know a way around this?

Thread Information

There are currently 16 users viewing this thread. (9 members and 7 guests)

KellyM133398, dealsngh, Nonopeno, RubberCheese, qiao, jmalias, mkl38s, ivan_ca, razrez