Hot Deals

[Air Miles] Shop The Block Is Back - Nationwide (Nov 14 to Dec 14, 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 6:05 pm
Mar 10, 2017
5 posts
there was a problem with Sobeys. Shopped in Sobeys at Maple Grove, Oakville. and when I asked to redeem my 95AM at casher, I was told their system could not see my profile so they could not redeem my AM. However, when they saw my total AM on my receipt, they just said they could not do anything (or they don't care at all)
Aug 21, 2011
71 posts
11 upvotes
Cannot go to https://www.shoptheblock.ca/. Got the error: 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable.

Was trying to use an offer that expires today. Those bar codes that are required during purchase are not available anywhere else. Right?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1797 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
On Monday I did Sobeys offers for three accounts:
First one, I did three separate transactions for Tia Rosa, Chocolates and Herbal Essence shampoos , no redemption, total bonus of 10, 20 and 30 posted as 60 air miles +1
Second one, same three transactions but also tried the 95 Miles redemption coupon with one transaction, which only showed up as PLU (I think 28) while all the other coupons showed up with proper associated miles on each receipt. Same fate, 60+1 posted to the account, no sign of 25 for redeeming 95 .
Third account, I did two transactions for Tia Rosa and chocolates and 30 +1 posted. Third transaction was done with the 25 when you redeem 95 coupon only and again only PLU showed up and 25 have not shown up yet.

Today I did Foodland redeem 95 for 25 bonus miles for all three and only PLU # showed up, did one more for two Nestle creamers and added some stuff and redeemed 95 without coupon and 20 (WUB 2) and 15 bonus (WUB 2) showed up on the receipt.

So, with various combinations it's quite clear that the 25 bonus for redeeming 95 is not showing up for the time being, but definitely should eventually.
The biggest let down was Shell, all of 1 mile for shelling out $51 Face With Rolling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4780 posts
1171 upvotes
North York
grace920527 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:10 pm
there was a problem with Sobeys. Shopped in Sobeys at Maple Grove, Oakville. and when I asked to redeem my 95AM at casher, I was told their system could not see my profile so they could not redeem my AM. However, when they saw my total AM on my receipt, they just said they could not do anything (or they don't care at all)
You just need to visit the air miles website and unlock the cash account before redemption.
Nov 23, 2017
10 posts
5 upvotes
i just tried and got the same error, not too sure what is going on. Looks like airmiles is at it again with the triicks.
Aug 23, 2010
208 posts
197 upvotes
GTA
codex wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:49 pm
At the HBC end I was awarded 400 as others have mentioned they were.

hbc.PNG

The account is old but previously had 0 balance and has only earned 5 HBC points besides above.
Looks like you will need to have a chat with air miles then...
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2261 posts
529 upvotes
Tia Rosa seemed to be very popular - cheap and tasty. I went to 2 FoodLand & 2 Sobeys stores and none had it, very disappointed. I had to settle with chocolates, hams and creamers
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2261 posts
529 upvotes
LETTTIE wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:24 pm
i just tried and got the same error, not too sure what is going on. Looks like airmiles is at it again with the triicks.
They said temporarily. Maybe they are uploading new offers ;)
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8462 posts
1395 upvotes
and the sobeys liquor fiasco continues, this time I bought 200 in sobeys liquor gift cards, redeemable in Alberta, and visited a local sobeys liquor to do the 2nd last day of the buy 200 get 200 shop the block offer.

I shopped around, added some overpriced stuff to my cart, a few decent deals, spent around 30 minutes browsing, get to till, scan everything in, present gift cards, and get told they don't accept these. what do you mean? oh we don't accept these digital receipts, our machines cannot process anything but a physical gift card. they even called the manager and he could do nothing.

what a gong show, now I have a 200$ non refundable gift card, to a store that wont accept it. and now I have to spend X number of hours tomorrow fighting with sobeys/airmiles to get it fixed or my airmiles back.
Nov 23, 2017
10 posts
5 upvotes
Hopefully it would be some good offers they are uploading.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4780 posts
1171 upvotes
North York
I have now received all bonus miles except for Metro redemption:

1. American Express Air Miles 25 transactions @ Amazon;
2. Shell - Get 10 Bonus AM When You Spend $50, Min 25L Fuel Required (Nov) - 25 Nov 17 SHELL CANADA SHOP THE BLOCK PROMOTION +10;
3. Sobey's - Get 20 Bonus AM When You Buy 3 Cadbury Chocolate Bars, Family Size - 25 Nov 17 SOBEYS ONTARIO BONUS REWARD MILES +20;
4. Metro - Get 25 Bonus AM When You Use 95 Or More Cash Miles On A Single Purchase;
5. Foodland - Get 20 Bonus AM When You Buy 3 Cadbury Chocolate Bars, Family Size - 02 Dec 17 FOODLAND ONTARIO BONUS REWARD MILES +20;
6. Shell - Get 10 Bonus AM When You Spend $50, Min 25L Fuel Required (Dec) - 30 Nov 17 SHELL CANADA SHOP THE BLOCK PROMOTION +10;
7. Sobeys/Sobeys Urban Fresh - Get 10 Bonus AM When You Buy 1 Tia Rosa Soft Tortilla Or Soft Taco kits - 02 Dec 17 SOBEYS ONTARIO BONUS REWARD MILES +10;

Planned offers as backup:
8. Sobeys - Get 25 Bonus AM When You Use 95 Or More Cash Miles On A Single Purchase.
9. Foodland - Get 25 Bonus AM When You Use 95 Or More Cash Miles On A Single Purchase.
Mar 10, 2017
5 posts
My AM account was unlocked and I had no problem to redeem in Metro before. Maybe it was just an unlucky day to me. :-)
Mar 11, 2008
17 posts
3 upvotes
BC
HmizaHadi wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:17 pm
Cannot go to https://www.shoptheblock.ca/. Got the error: 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable.

Was trying to use an offer that expires today. Those bar codes that are required during purchase are not available anywhere else. Right?
Not sure what province you're in, but here's a cached version of Ontario's:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=ca

Print queue won't work, but you might be able to download the image of the coupon and use that if that's all you can get.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1463 posts
215 upvotes
phht wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:06 pm
I remember answering your question about yours did not go thru first time for this offer and mine went thru fine.
I have not yet got the miles posted for this offer. D*m. it Air miles!
Don't worry Urs will post.. I m waiting for later accounts... Wink
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
2028 posts
1041 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:41 pm
I got that hbc 10 ams posted today too... Not sure if that was the HBC 10online redemption gc or that iffy auto convert ams offer tho
You can figure it out (which one) if you log into your HBC REWARDS Account and look at “Points Activity”... the STB Auto Convert HBC REWARDS Points posted there first as:
Date - HUDSON’S BAY REWARDS - AIR MILES NEW AUTO CONVERTERS = 400 HBC REWARDS

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

smacd