Hot Deals

[Air Miles] Shop The Block Is Back - Nationwide (Nov 14 to Dec 14, 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 2:17 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4656 posts
167 upvotes
Ottawa
loonie wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:22 pm
On Monday I did Sobeys offers for three accounts:
First one, I did three separate transactions for Tia Rosa, Chocolates and Herbal Essence shampoos , no redemption, total bonus of 10, 20 and 30 posted as 60 air miles +1
Second one, same three transactions but also tried the 95 Miles redemption coupon with one transaction, which only showed up as PLU (I think 28) while all the other coupons showed up with proper associated miles on each receipt. Same fate, 60+1 posted to the account, no sign of 25 for redeeming 95 .
Third account, I did two transactions for Tia Rosa and chocolates and 30 +1 posted. Third transaction was done with the 25 when you redeem 95 coupon only and again only PLU showed up and 25 have not shown up yet.

Today I did Foodland redeem 95 for 25 bonus miles for all three and only PLU # showed up, did one more for two Nestle creamers and added some stuff and redeemed 95 without coupon and 20 (WUB 2) and 15 bonus (WUB 2) showed up on the receipt.

So, with various combinations it's quite clear that the 25 bonus for redeeming 95 is not showing up for the time being, but definitely should eventually.
The biggest let down was Shell, all of 1 mile for shelling out $51 Face With Rolling Eyes
Interesting. So you received the product bonus when it was combined with the 95 redemption. I wonder why I didn’t get it. Unless it had to do with the fact that I had more than one product bonus.

I had a single transaction with Cadbury, tia, herbal and redeemed 95. Receipt showed all PLUs but only earned the +1 on the receipt and in my account that was posted today.

I’m gonna try single transactions tmr to see if it accepts it.
Oct 26, 2013
24 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else experiencing issues doing the foodland redeem 95 air miles in Ontario? When the cashier scanned the coupon code, the system wouldn’t let me redeem my miles. Account was unlocked. I was able to redeem my miles if the coupon wasn’t loaded. Also tried redeeming miles first and adding coupon afterwards which did not work either. Tried at two different foodland locations and had the exact same problem.
Nov 25, 2016
8 posts
Looks like their website is still unavailable, maybe they are adding new offers? :)
Jan 18, 2007
44 posts
82 upvotes
Pierrefonds,QC
Do we have to spend $20 when we use the bonus orders like at IGA or can we just use the bonus offer alone??
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1964 posts
1026 upvotes
orchidnana wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:01 am
Do we have to spend $20 when we use the bonus orders like at IGA or can we just use the bonus offer alone??
The general consensus seems to be to ensure BONUS MILES you need to at least earn a BASE MILE where it is more of an Offer than “a task” (so Grocery Stores - Shell etc) and you need the coupons. Redemption Miles / Bonuses may or may not work at the same time as Earning Bonuses... YMMV. But seems a lot of RFDers are getting one or the other.

Where it is a task... usually coupons are not needed (CC Offers with BMO / AMEX - HBC REWARDS Points Auto Conversion) and additional purchases may not be required ( but each is different for these type it’s really important to read & understand the fine print)
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1519 posts
429 upvotes
orchidnana wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:01 am
It is always a good idea to have something that will post in addition to the bonus offer. So if you buy an in-store bonus product or if you need to spend $20 to get a base mile, and it is posted in your AM account, but not the STB bonus, you at least have some confirmation about your purchase.
Jan 18, 2007
44 posts
82 upvotes
Pierrefonds,QC
I bought the $50 GC at IGA got the 10 AM on the receipt along with the Red Rose flour and got the 5 bonus AM.I also bought other things which added up to$10,so that's why I was asking
Mar 13, 2004
145 posts
16 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:19 am
The general consensus seems to be to ensure BONUS MILES you need to at least earn a BASE MILE where it is more of an Offer than “a task” (so Grocery Stores - Shell etc) and you need the coupons. Redemption Miles / Bonuses may or may not work at the same time as Earning Bonuses... YMMV. But seems a lot of RFDers are getting one or the other.

Where it is a task... usually coupons are not needed (CC Offers with BMO / AMEX - HBC REWARDS Points Auto Conversion) and additional purchases may not be required ( but each is different for these type it’s really important to read & understand the fine print)
I got 30AM bonus from Sobeys for buying a pair of Herbal Essence without any base AM. I think for Sobeys, you will get what you see from the receipt. If there are bonus Airmiles on receipt, you will get them. Otherwise, you will not get even the receipt showing proper PLU, which is the case of Sobeys UF.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
2002 posts
656 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
My second Shell offer posted today.
I noticed that I got an extra 2 AM compares to the other one.
1st purchase was gas + pack of gum to get over 50$
2nd purchase was gas + 25$ GC to get over 50$

Where does the extra 2 AM comes from?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1519 posts
429 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:18 am
My second Shell offer posted today.
I noticed that I got an extra 2 AM compares to the other one.
1st purchase was gas + pack of gum to get over 50$
2nd purchase was gas + 25$ GC to get over 50$

Where does the extra 2 AM comes from?
1 bonus mile for every $10 in-store, including gift cards
Aug 12, 2006
257 posts
50 upvotes
My 10 bonus miles for signing up for HBC rewards posted yesterday.
Last edited by Sea on Dec 7th, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 11, 2016
181 posts
98 upvotes
Halifax
So annoyed with Shell... grrrrr... brought other car down as I did not receive the offer on the last fill.

I was told that it had to be from SHELL - and the giftcards were from Needs .

I asked " What do you suggest ?"

He said most people have either been bring TWO cars down OR bringing a gas can.

GRRRR!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1519 posts
429 upvotes
HmizaHadi wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:17 pm
Cannot go to https://www.shoptheblock.ca/. Got the error: 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable.

Was trying to use an offer that expires today. Those bar codes that are required during purchase are not available anywhere else. Right?
Site up again - but I don't see any new offers (for Ontario at least)
Apr 3, 2004
149 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Dell just updated on airmiles shops so i have 2 out of 3. My Lego one i did prior to the dell one still hasnt shown up.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1604 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Did the Crockpot 10X offer.

Bought two of the portable units (for secret Santa) for $35 +filler to hit $40 for free shipping. Nothing posted yet but interestingly they have a field to put in your airmiles number and tell you how many miles you're going to get before you submit your order.

Also bought from mint.ca as one of the 3 partners on airmiles shop. You can buy some circulation coins at face value (5 quarters for 2.50, 5 loonies for $5) so at least you can get some of your money back haha. Nothing posted yet though.

Thread Information

There are currently 11 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 5 guests)

etownjack, Howitzer1, zazster, ricedion, rocking23nf, akaManny