Hot Deals

[Air Miles] Shop The Block Is Back - Nationwide (Nov 14 to Dec 14, 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 8:38 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2494 posts
495 upvotes
North York
I finally got my Metro 25 bonus miles from spending 95 almost two weeks ago. But that was a flyer offer, a load and go offer, and a shop the block offer, so it's anyone's guess which 25 I'm getting and if that will qualify. What a disaster this promotion is turning out to be
Aug 9, 2008
277 posts
28 upvotes
Question/clarification to the shop the block experts:

I used 2 offers at Sobeys:

Cadbury and Herbal Essenses. PLU 64 and 65 Show up aside from BONUS 20 and 30 miles as well (total 50). My points were posted at Airmiles.ca as 1 transaction with 50 Bonus points. Is this ok? I'm just worried Airmiles would treat this as 1 transaction instead of 2
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2249 posts
525 upvotes
corvax wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:32 am
Question/clarification to the shop the block experts:

I used 2 offers at Sobeys:

Cadbury and Herbal Essenses. PLU 64 and 65 Show up aside from BONUS 20 and 30 miles as well (total 50). My points were posted at Airmiles.ca as 1 transaction with 50 Bonus points. Is this ok? I'm just worried Airmiles would treat this as 1 transaction instead of 2
I believe Sobeys sum up the entire week of bonus AMs and just post one line for all of them. So even if you have different receipts or do it over multiple days, chances are you will just get one line at the end. So keeping the receipts are very important in the event there is a dispute
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2003
4756 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
elusivecactus wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:07 am
Anyone else experiencing issues doing the foodland redeem 95 air miles in Ontario? When the cashier scanned the coupon code, the system wouldn’t let me redeem my miles. Account was unlocked. I was able to redeem my miles if the coupon wasn’t loaded. Also tried redeeming miles first and adding coupon afterwards which did not work either. Tried at two different foodland locations and had the exact same problem.
I thought some people had successfully redeemed miles at foodland last week with PLU 38 printed on receipt. How come suddenly not working? which two locations did you go? new flyer will be effective tomorrow and I plan to redeem my miles
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2249 posts
525 upvotes
Cjohnson202 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:27 am
I finally got my Metro 25 bonus miles from spending 95 almost two weeks ago. But that was a flyer offer, a load and go offer, and a shop the block offer, so it's anyone's guess which 25 I'm getting and if that will qualify. What a disaster this promotion is turning out to be
My STB redemption on Saturday (25AMs for redeeming 95AMs) is not there yet, so it's probably your load & go
Aug 28, 2017
15 posts
1 upvote
I used the Sobeys' "buy 3 pack of Maple Lodge Chicken Bacon", but I did not see any bonus miles on my receipt (only PLU code shown). Does that sound the same to anyone who have done the same offer? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2494 posts
495 upvotes
North York
mkl38s wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:53 am
My STB redemption on Saturday (25AMs for redeeming 95AMs) is not there yet, so it's probably your load & go
My metro purchase was from Saturday, November 25, not this past Saturday
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1515 posts
426 upvotes
mkl38s wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:49 am
I believe Sobeys sum up the entire week of bonus AMs and just post one line for all of them. So even if you have different receipts or do it over multiple days, chances are you will just get one line at the end. So keeping the receipts are very important in the event there is a dispute
Not that it is relevant to corvax's question, but Sobeys sum up the entire week BY STORE. So for example, in my AM Statement under Sponsor, I see Sobeys whether the store was Urban Fresh or Sobeys. The next column shows the store address, so I can tell which one it was. In one week, I might have separate rows for 2 different Sobeys or 2 different Urban Fresh, etc.
Sep 23, 2003
231 posts
76 upvotes
Probably not a STB question but sobey and foodland's - does anyone notice the store receipt doesn't reflect your latest AM balances at all?
i.e. my airmiles account will tell me 100 and the receipt will say ur balance is 0...altho it has ur am acct # and etc
Aug 28, 2017
15 posts
1 upvote
antzz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:34 am
Probably not a STB question but sobey and foodland's - does anyone notice the store receipt doesn't reflect your latest AM balances at all?
i.e. my airmiles account will tell me 100 and the receipt will say ur balance is 0...altho it has ur am acct # and etc
Yes, same here.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2249 posts
525 upvotes
Cjohnson202 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:09 am
My metro purchase was from Saturday, November 25, not this past Saturday
Same for everyone. I think Metro promotion was the weekend of Nov 24th redemption. I don't think anyone receive the 25AMs yet
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1431 posts
213 upvotes
elusivecactus wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:07 am
Anyone else experiencing issues doing the foodland redeem 95 air miles in Ontario? When the cashier scanned the coupon code, the system wouldn’t let me redeem my miles. Account was unlocked. I was able to redeem my miles if the coupon wasn’t loaded. Also tried redeeming miles first and adding coupon afterwards which did not work either. Tried at two different foodland locations and had the exact same problem.
did u PHYSICALLY scan the ams card? it only works with physical card, i think foodland is the only store where its a must that u have the card, otherwise u can't redeem....other stores u can punch in manually the AMs number/card on redemption YMMV
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5424 posts
289 upvotes
TO
mine HBC to AM pts conversion 10 airmiles showed up yesterday so I suppose it did count for STB
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(

You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Oct 26, 2013
24 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
ricedion wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:51 am
I thought some people had successfully redeemed miles at foodland last week with PLU 38 printed on receipt. How come suddenly not working? which two locations did you go? new flyer will be effective tomorrow and I plan to redeem my miles
I went to the one on Danforth and Pape and also the one down by the beaches area.
Oct 26, 2013
24 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:58 am
did u PHYSICALLY scan the ams card? it only works with physical card, i think foodland is the only store where its a must that u have the card, otherwise u can't redeem....other stores u can punch in manually the AMs number/card on redemption YMMV
Yup, scanned the physical card but still didn’t work.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (8 members and 0 guests)

phht, foleycj, loonie, dundeal, mkl38s, razrez, ringojay, bonnieb