Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Miles

Shop The Block Is Back - Nationwide (Nov 14 to Dec 14, 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2018 2:12 pm

Poll: The STB 300/1000/2000 BAMs are starting to post. What situation are you in?

• Total votes: 242. You have voted on this poll.
Tried for 7 offers and got my full 2000 points

62%
Tried for 7 offers and only got 1000 points

27%
Tried for 7 offers and only got 300 points

4%
Tried for 7 offers and got zero points

1%
Tried for 5 offers and got my full 1000 points

2%
Tried for 5 offers and only got 300 points

1%
Tried for 5 offers and got zero points

0%
Tried for 3 offers and got my full 300 points

0%
Tried for 3 offers and got zero points

1%
I haven't received my points yet

2%
Dec 20, 2014
135 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga
Got 2000 miles without any issue in my account but my wife got only 1000 even after using 7 offers, chat with live rep for 15 mins and got missing 1000AM. Thanks everyone for inputs.
Oct 9, 2013
159 posts
58 upvotes
Peterborough
Just did live chat and got my missing miles from the Metro redeem one and the shell offer which never posted (but the first one did). Awesome all eight posted and got my extra 1000 I was missing too. Have changed my poll result to update this. Chat is amazing. Also got to rock my steal of a redemption of the autographed Toews Canada jersey this week for Olympic day...well done airmiles!
Dec 13, 2010
71 posts
111 upvotes
Calgary
I just received the balance of my 2,000 miles through online chat, which was great for me as well. The reason they gave for it not going through was that the credit card promos don't automatically post so they need to verify them manually.

Thanks to all those who kept me posted in this thread.
Aug 18, 2012
543 posts
269 upvotes
Ottawa
I also got the missing 1000 miles after live chat. Changed vote to reflect this.
Sep 4, 2009
109 posts
45 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Also got the missing 1000 after chat. I completed 8 transaction so really not impressed I had to use chat to get the missing miles. Also had to log into chat again when they failed to award all the missing miles.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
This POLL was a fantastic idea OP. Really gives us an idea of how well (or not) AirMiles works to get their customers what they paid for. Thanks for adding that!!
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
deezz wrote: This POLL was a fantastic idea OP. Really gives us an idea of how well (or not) AirMiles works to get their customers what they paid for. Thanks for adding that!!
Thanks @deezz, I totally agree.

Unfortunately I cannot take credit for the poll idea - the kudos need to be directed towards @svattom (post # 2272). Please give his/her post a thumbs up. :)

mqc1986 wrote: I also got the missing 1000 miles after live chat. Changed vote to reflect this.
Thanks @mqc1986 for the update and the reminder.

For those that have had their status changed (ie. added missing points), please modify your vote to indicate this.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6306 upvotes
Prince George
My missing 1000 miles were posted Feb 15 without contacting chat. I did 7 offers but only 1000 miles were originally posted on Feb 2. Thought I would have to harass them but no :)
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
3332 posts
1540 upvotes
Vancouver
contacted chat and got my missing 1000miles posted.

Had to give them a full breakdown though which would have been impossible without this thread :)
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1554 posts
834 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Ugh, didn't realize that AirMilesShops was three retailers and not three purchases! Got my BMO and Amex added to get to 1,000; but didn't get the extra 1,000. (although I thought I had an extra one (eight), now need to check that.
Aug 29, 2014
40 posts
6 upvotes
Erumuh wrote: They will know because on the enrollment page to convert HBC Rewards to Air Miles, you enter your Air Miles number.

So, again: sign up for auto-convert, get 1 Shop The Block offer fulfillment. It shouldn't matter if you are an existing HBC Rewards member, or if you sign up today for HBC Rewards. What matters is signing up for the auto-convert to Air Miles.

I don't think the above is true, at least not in BC. I had an existing HBC account, and signed up for auto-conversion to AM for my fifth offer. When I didn't get my 2000 bonus miles, I phoned them, and they said that only if a new HBC account was opened and auto-converted would it count as an offer. If anyone was able to get an existing account to count as an offer, please let me know. I'm so sick and tired of this program, always wondering if I'll get the full miles, and then wasting hours trying to chase down the missing miles only to not get them in the end!

Spending the $50 and using the coupon *SHOULD* be the 2nd offer.

Noticed that there is now a third offer up for Hudson's Bay (spend $50 get 50 AM), so perhaps the $50/100 AM is specific to Topshop Topman.
Oct 22, 2012
452 posts
836 upvotes
Cynder wrote: I don't think the above is true, at least not in BC. I had an existing HBC account, and signed up for auto-conversion to AM for my fifth offer. When I didn't get my 2000 bonus miles, I phoned them, and they said that only if a new HBC account was opened and auto-converted would it count as an offer. If anyone was able to get an existing account to count as an offer, please let me know. I'm so sick and tired of this program, always wondering if I'll get the full miles, and then wasting hours trying to chase down the missing miles only to not get them in the end!
If that's the (lame and untrue) reason they gave you, I would contact the Customer Relations team immediately. 1-888-413-1311 or 416-228-6627 - these guys are the REAL customer service agents at Air Miles and will actually treat you with respect.
Aug 29, 2014
40 posts
6 upvotes
Erumuh wrote: If that's the (lame and untrue) reason they gave you, I would contact the Customer Relations team immediately. 1-888-413-1311 or 416-228-6627 - these guys are the REAL customer service agents at Air Miles and will actually treat you with respect.
Thanks, Erumuh. I went through each of the offers listed at the beginning of the thread again, and saw that both the HBC auto-conversion and Campaign for Better Hearing tests seemed to be valid offers (latter was also denied) so I think I will contact them again. Hope I don't burst a blood vessel talking to them ...
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2009
1224 posts
1331 upvotes
Calgary
Contacted them as well and got my 300 miles. I had 4 offers, if only I did one more :(

Their online chat is fantastic. She was able to find all my purchases.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)