Hot Deals

[Air Miles] Shop The Block Is Back - Nationwide (Nov 14 to Dec 14, 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 3:53 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2173 posts
2932 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
xtiti24 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 4:00 pm
Here are the details for Quebec
Appreciate the early preview. I'll compare them to the online offers and add them to the main post as soon as I can.
MMMM wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:16 pm
OP, the Airmiles shop the block web page is live

shoptheblock

edit: website is still a work in progress... :rolleyes:
LOL, I was just about to post that the site was live but not fully loaded with offers yet. Main post and thread title updated. Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm going to try and add all the offers to the main post tonight for easy reference.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1053 posts
642 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No many options
Only the two below looks ok
Metro- use 95 Miles for 10 bucks and get 25 Miles back. Nov 23-26
Shell- spend $50 and get 10 Miles nov 14-27, and nov 28-dec 14 (two separate coupon)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2173 posts
2932 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
RubberCheese wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 7:27 pm
from https://shoptheblock.ca/en/faq/

The Miles you get from using Partner offers will be deposited into your Collector Account by December 2017 and will count towards your 2018 Gold/Onyx™ status.

The Miles you get from using 3, 5 or 7 offers will be deposited into your Account within 120 days after the promotion, in 2018. These Miles will count towards your 2019 Gold/Onyx™ status.
Thanks @RubberCheese. I've added the FAQ link in the main post and added some FAQ's of the FAQ on questions that were repetitively asked last year, with important info bolded.
Mar 11, 2004
571 posts
80 upvotes
Quebec City
Yeah, it should be quite easy to achieve 7 offers in Quebec... 3 easy ones at Jean-Coutu, 3 easy ones at IGA, and 2 at Shell.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1753 posts
562 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Would anyone know if gift card purchase would work at Jean Coutu? I am guessing personnelle products is only makeup related (like Kleenex box wouldn't work)?
Jan 2, 2015
82 posts
24 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:55 pm
Would anyone know if gift card purchase would work at Jean Coutu? I am guessing personnelle products is only makeup related (like Kleenex box wouldn't work)?
I wonder if Q-tip would work? They keep trying to make us believe that's for cosmetic application...
Feb 20, 2004
598 posts
169 upvotes
I'm curious to see what's available in BC. Might just drop by Shell near my home to see if they have those pamphlets as it's a good reference when you're out shopping . Also, the offers are different than what's available online. Last year it was easily doable so hopefully it's not too tough this year. Might just do 3 or 5 depending on how feasible. Still got some household stuff I bought from Staples from last year, that's okay though as it was literally free with AM's worth 200 bucks that I got. Yeah this is literally the only time worth trying to get AM's. They are only putting out the credit card offers first or BW offer as a form advertisement on shoptheblock site I guess to make them really standout, as there's only 3 offers for BC. Still not going for that credit card as it won't beat my Aspire card and I won't get a credit card just for these offers, LOL. I always constantly get offers to get these AM credit cards in my email.
Apr 23, 2008
539 posts
28 upvotes
For Shell offer, is redeem 475 miles same as spend $50? (I have lots of cash miles to get rid of).
Love this air miles promotion as one can get full bonus $210 = 2,000 miles without government taking a piece of it.

edit: because 40 miles is max spent per day, correctly it should be (380 air miles + $10 cash spent= 475 air miles)
Dec 27, 2002
278 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
A lot of deals up now for Ontario. Some pretty easy ones.
Mar 20, 2015
64 posts
12 upvotes
WINNIPEG
I see more MB deals as well, this looks really doable. Does anybody know if all the individual liquor deals count as individual deals, or b/c they are all from the same place they would count as one? Like, I'm looking at this: there are 6 separate liquor deals, if they cost less than $200 thats basically free booze. Merry christmas indeed!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1136 posts
159 upvotes
There is option for 25 amex purchases to count as one offer? That seems alot bit doable if u just buy alot of fast food @tims or mcds
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1136 posts
159 upvotes
Is there a time limit or the first x number of collectors to reach promo.. I didn't read fine print... Just opt in for amex
Done! You’re opted in.

Now, let’s start shopping! Remember, use your American Express®* AIR MILES® Card
to make 25 purchase transactions in-store or online between November 14 and December 14, 2017.

Wow tons of offers... So easy to do... Sum if it don't even cost money... U could prolly do 7 offers for under 50bux oop
Last edited by mikka2017 on Nov 14th, 2017 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 20, 2015
64 posts
12 upvotes
WINNIPEG
mikka2017 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:28 am
There is option for 25 amex purchases to count as one offer? That seems alot bit doable if u just buy alot of fast food @tims or mcds
If you buy 25 $1 coffees between now and Dec 13 at McD's thats probably the best you could possibly get out of it, unless you wanted to charge like 25 transactions of you buying a 5c gum or something and piss off some poor convenience store worker. I would probably do the former myself as a daily coffee drinker, but alas I don't have a AM Amex and getting a hard credit check for this promo seems silly.

Especially when we consider this:

Like, the closest Liquor Mart to my house is 5 mins away and has all of these in stock. In fact, they are the only location aside from Swan Lake that still has the Great Western Ale pack in stock, very few too. I think I'm going to have to go there ASAP and see if buying them all on separate transactions will work for this promo.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1136 posts
159 upvotes
The one offer where u auto convert hbc points to ams... Thats just pure registration right? Can I just make a new fresh hbc account and get that promo? I lost my old hbc card... Points expired due to lack of use as per their terms
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2140 posts
492 upvotes
is it just me but I just can't find Metro from the offer list at airmiles.ca - Ontario (excl. Thunder Bay)

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)