Hot Deals

[Air Miles] Shop The Block Is Back - Nationwide (Nov 14 to Dec 14, 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 10:50 pm
Jun 25, 2012
117 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
newfbc wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:45 pm
Key word may be groceries. Would you consider a gift card to be groceries? :)

Ron.
Haha I don't, but then is toilet paper considered groceries? Weird wording... I guess there's only one way to find out Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
5245 posts
1445 upvotes
Kootenays
For anyone in Nova Scotia (I'm visiting right now), the Pharmasave offer is pretty easy. I got 2 packages of Pharmasave brand cough drops at $1.99 each for 5 AM and one sponsor. I did a separate purchase for 2 other Pharmasave items, too and it looks like that counts as an additional offer. Doesn't seem right, but it looks like you can buy 7 x 2 packages of cough drops @ $1.99 for a total of $32.06 and receive 2,035 AM.
Apr 27, 2011
267 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
tvwatcher wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:03 pm
If, for whatever reason, you're scrambling to complete 25 uses of the MC, you can buy amazon.ca egift cards for as little as 15 cents

sadly, I forgot to opt in before I tried it LOL
Do you know if reloading Presto card count?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1453 posts
112 upvotes
St. Johns
smacd wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:24 pm
For anyone in Nova Scotia (I'm visiting right now), the Pharmasave offer is pretty easy. I got 2 packages of Pharmasave brand cough drops at $1.99 each for 5 AM and one sponsor. I did a separate purchase for 2 other Pharmasave items, too and it looks like that counts as an additional offer. Doesn't seem right, but it looks like you can buy 7 x 2 packages of cough drops @ $1.99 for a total of $32.06 and receive 2,035 AM.
From my understanding you cannot use the same offer multiple times to count towards the 7 offers. You'll get the bonus miles from the coupon multiple times but it doesn't count towards the 7.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
5245 posts
1445 upvotes
Kootenays
RyanS219 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:39 pm
From my understanding you cannot use the same offer multiple times to count towards the 7 offers. You'll get the bonus miles from the coupon multiple times but it doesn't count towards the 7.
I think you're right. Oh well. From the FAQs:

Q: Can I use an offer more than once?

A: It depends. Check the specific Terms and Conditions for each offer. However, please note that each Shop the Block offer will only count once towards the Bonus Miles you get from using 3, 5 or 7 different offers.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1636 posts
320 upvotes
Montreal
Question for those that normally fill up at Shell:

I gave the cashier the AM print out, and it scanned as unknown. The cashier said that the coupons are not needed for the promo to be applied....is this correct?

Ty
Dec 27, 2002
278 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
MrDisco wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:09 pm
so I can make 25 $1 amazon.ca gift card purchases and even though that won't give me any AM for using their portal, it will qualify for 1 of my 7 offers?

edit: According to the AM customer rep yes this qualifies.
As long as you use the MC or Amex then it should be fine. Fine Print says no minimum for the purchases.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
20919 posts
1888 upvotes
akaManny wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:43 pm
I'm seeing a separate coupon and bar code for Foodland. But Sobeys and Urban Fresh are on the same coupon, no? This is in Ontario.
Yup, so 1 offer for Sobeys/UF and 1 offer for FL
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1431 posts
391 upvotes
For many years, I have had only one Air Miles card, shared with spouse. But as pointed out above, this promotion is so easy, today I got a second card for my spouse 100% cash option. We would like to take advantage of the cash redemption offers at Metro & Sobeys / UF / Foodland. So my question is, in Ontario, how can I get 95 air miles by Nov 23 to take advantage of the Metro redemption offer? I know that LCBO, Shell and Rexall post quickly (as opposed to airmilesshops.ca), and that purchases at Sobeys up to Saturday will show up Wednesday or Thursday. Any suggestions?
Oct 26, 2011
153 posts
63 upvotes
Cyanne wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:19 am
I've done quite well using my miles for flights across the country. The BMO Airmiles World Elite Mastercard also gives me a flat 25% reduction in the number of miles needed.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post. I was referring to the Rona offer where you need to redeem points to get the offer. For people like me that only collect dream miles you can't use your miles for redemption at Rona, so the offer is unavailable.
Nov 6, 2013
32 posts
4 upvotes
ABBOTSFORD
"Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you enroll in Hudson's Bay Rewards and opt-in to convert them to Miles.*

PLUS, get 50 Bonus Miles when you spend $50.* "

This is in BC. I am already enrolled in HBC Rewards, there is a seperate coupon to convert them to Miles, which I will do. Do you think this coupon will work anyway if I spend $50?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1431 posts
391 upvotes
DeeRed wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:42 pm
"Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you enroll in Hudson's Bay Rewards and opt-in to convert them to Miles.*

PLUS, get 50 Bonus Miles when you spend $50.* "

This is in BC. I am already enrolled in HBC Rewards, there is a seperate coupon to convert them to Miles, which I will do. Do you think this coupon will work anyway if I spend $50?
I'm in the same situation in Ontario. The printed booklet has only one coupon - combining the 2 offers. But now online, I see 2 separate coupons.
Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you register to auto-convert your Hudson's Bay Rewards points to Miles.*, and
Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you enroll in Hudson's Bay Rewards and opt-in to convert them to Miles.*

PLUS, get 100 Bonus Miles when you spend $50.

However, there is no code or coupon to scan. So I made the change to convert HB rewards to AM, and then plan to spend $50. Whether this will count as one offer or two, don't know.
Aug 29, 2009
22 posts
35 upvotes
akaManny wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:35 pm
For many years, I have had only one Air Miles card, shared with spouse. But as pointed out above, this promotion is so easy, today I got a second card for my spouse 100% cash option. We would like to take advantage of the cash redemption offers at Metro & Sobeys / UF / Foodland. So my question is, in Ontario, how can I get 95 air miles by Nov 23 to take advantage of the Metro redemption offer? I know that LCBO, Shell and Rexall post quickly (as opposed to airmilesshops.ca), and that purchases at Sobeys up to Saturday will show up Wednesday or Thursday. Any suggestions?
Wait until the Friday/weekend for Rexall's flyer. They usually do a 100AM offer. They also usually deposit their AM into my account the night after the purchase about 36-48 hours. So if you make the purchase Friday, maybe Saturday night they'll have the miles in your account.
Aug 23, 2016
167 posts
25 upvotes
Guelph
I'm not seeing the offer in Ontario for Metro for redeeming 95AM to get 25AM back, I'm only seeing Foodland offers for this one.
Sep 9, 2017
100 posts
37 upvotes
Winnipeg
newfbc wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:17 am
This is unbelievably easy to complete for people in ON. With the Sobeys/Foodland offers, etc. Out west we get screwed once again.
Ron.
I know right?
Manitoba's Sobey's offer - spend $100 to qualify.
Ontario's Sobey's offers - buy a taco kit, or shampoo, or lunch meat, or 3 chocolate bars, or redeem 95 miles, etc.
Grumble, grumble...

Thread Information

There are currently 14 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 7 guests)

qwerty0123, joeags, Esutha, Crossover, Jackhammer100, Deal deal, DealRacer