Hot Deals

[Airalo] Travel Prepaid Plans 7, 30 day Plans Available! 1-10GB from $2-28 USD. eSIM Only.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2019 3:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3651 posts
2292 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver

Travel Prepaid Plans 7, 30 day Plans Available! 1-10GB from $2-28 USD. eSIM Only.

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Airalo
Seems like a brand new travel company and looks like a good deal if you just want data in Canada and on Roger's 4G network. Works out to be about $37CAD a month. This works on eSIM phones only so pretty just iPhones, Pixel 3 and some tablets/laptops.

If you actually want to travel, the prices are comparable or even better than some of the local travel sim cards. 10GB for $25 in US, better than T Mobile's $40 and this runs on AT&T network.

EDIT: Added list of compatible phones

As of September 2019, the list of eSIM compatible devices are as follows:

iPhone 11
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone XS
iPhone XS Max
iPhone XR
Google Pixel 3
Windows 10 PCs
Lenovo Yoga 630
HP Spectre Folio
Tablets with embedded eSIM
iPad Air (3rd Generation)
iPad Pro (3rd Generation)
iPad Mini (5th Generation)
Gemini PDA
Please note: Device compatibility also varies from country to country. For example, iPhones XS, XS Max and XR sold in China, Macau and Hong Kong are not eSIM compatible - however, they are Dual SIM phones with 2 physical SIM slots.
Some credits available to make it an even better deal!
Airalovers wrote:
Oct 21st, 2019 12:14 pm
Hi Guys!

My name is Mea and I am the Partnership manager at Airalo.

First if all I would like to thank you that you have created such a buzz about us. And I can see many of you have tested our services and like what we do. That is exactly what we are after. We want to change the way people connect while travelling and take away the roaming charges and the troubles to stay connected.
As the thread has brought up, we are a start up and but even though we might be small right now, we have big plans and dreams on how to change the way travel connectivity works and this is just one step on the way to make it easier for you to stay connected.

We had a small hiccup if I may call it that the other day when some codes that were meant for new customers got leaked out and got used by the masses. This is great in one sense as we got a LOT of new users, but unfortunately it was misused by some when creating several accounts and it did get out of control. So we realised as much as we love giving away free stuff we had to pull the reins in to make sure we can keep on getting more and more operators onboard and spread the word on how to keep connected in an affordable and easy way.

I can see we might have offended some, and that was NEVER our intention, we truly just wanted to make sure we can keep going to keep you all connected for years to come.
As a bit of a bandaid and a peace offering I have got a new voucher code for y'all. :D
If you use the code REDFLAG you will get $5 towards your next purchase.
And as a sidenote, this thread has given me and the team a lot of greif but to be honest even more laughs. We talk about you guys in the lunchroom every day and your great feedback is like music to our ears. So keep on loving us and we will love you back.

Cheers
Mea @ Airalo
Last edited by bomber17 on Oct 21st, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
570 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2060 posts
1370 upvotes
Kitchener
Super tempting, does it work on iPhone 8?
Gaming PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 6500, GTX 1060 6gb, 16GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Aug 24, 2019
43 posts
25 upvotes
12GB on Fido in Canada with unlimited mins. 51$ includes taxes.
Dec 18, 2017
716 posts
1302 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
HawaiianGate wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 10:14 pm
12GB on Fido in Canada with unlimited mins. 51$ includes taxes.
Wanna share a link so I can sign up? Because OP’s link allows anyone to get the plan being discussed.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Feb 4, 2007
480 posts
238 upvotes
it say on esim compatible phones.
As of September 2019, the list of eSIM compatible devices are as follows:

iPhone 11
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone XS
iPhone XS Max
iPhone XR
Google Pixel 3
Windows 10 PCs
Lenovo Yoga 630
HP Spectre Folio
Tablets with embedded eSIM
iPad Air (3rd Generation)
iPad Pro (3rd Generation)
iPad Mini (5th Generation)
Gemini PDA
Please note: Device compatibility also varies from country to country. For example, iPhones XS, XS Max and XR sold in China, Macau and Hong Kong are not eSIM compatible - however, they are Dual SIM phones with 2 physical SIM slots.
Dec 18, 2017
716 posts
1302 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
OP the top-up packages are sweet too!

3GB for USD10
5GB for USD15
10GB for USD25

Still need to buy the first Data pack at the full USD28 rate.

Also, the eSIM doesn’t come with a number according to the site. Wonder if/how iMessage will work or if it’ll just let you use your email addy.
Aug 24, 2019
43 posts
25 upvotes
vancityguy0 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 10:18 pm
Wanna share a link so I can sign up? Because OP’s link allows anyone to get the plan being discussed.
I continuously check with fido for new offers. They offered me bonus data at no additional cost. Talking to people from the office of the president at Fido’s office also helped.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
1470 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
This is pretty neat and not bad price... thanks OP.
Dec 18, 2017
716 posts
1302 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
HawaiianGate wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 10:31 pm
I continuously check with fido for new offers. They offered me bonus data at no additional cost. Talking to people from the office of the president at Fido’s office also helped.
Lol. Yeah see how this one doesn’t require you to bend over backwards?

It’s sitting right there on their website waiting for anyone to grab.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5126 posts
987 upvotes
Toronto
HawaiianGate wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 10:31 pm
What exactly is the purpose of your post? To brag? Because it’s not helpful, nor that impressive. This is a great option for people who’d rather being doing other stuff than negotiating an offer with Fido/Rogers/Bell/TELUS etc.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3651 posts
2292 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
vancityguy0 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 10:23 pm
OP the top-up packages are sweet too!

3GB for USD10
5GB for USD15
10GB for USD25

Still need to buy the first Data pack at the full USD28 rate.

Also, the eSIM doesn’t come with a number according to the site. Wonder if/how iMessage will work or if it’ll just let you use your email addy.
iMessages work with just an email, don't need a phone number.

Not everyone can get a great retention plan, it's all based on luck. This option is for those who don't want to deal with haggling and don't want a credit check as it's prepaid.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
1470 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone have experience with Iusacell 3G? Going to Mexico and don’t want to pay roaming... but not sure i can put up with 3G after being spoiled by LTE for so long Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1110 posts
752 upvotes
Wish they also did physical SIMs sent via lettermail but then it would probably cost a bit more just because of postage.

These are awesome deals OP! If only I had a eSIM compatible phone... :(
Oct 3, 2017
27 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks OP. Great Find!
Running on AT&T, I wonder if this allows tethering in the U.S. tho...
Oct 27, 2013
818 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
I was one of the first people to try this in Canada. They actually sent me credits to buy and test esims. For the first little while, it would work on Bell and Telus, but the speeds were super duper slow. On Speedtest, it showed my provider being "Cloud 9." 300 ms to 1500 ms latency, 0.5 to 1.5 mb down. Basically not usable, and definitely not LTE speeds despite actually being on LTE. Tested this on XS Max and 11 Pro Max. I found that esims in general didn't seem to work as reliably as regular sims. There was a lot of rebooting, toggling and waiting to get it to work. I would really recommend this for say, your mom.

Recently though, they changed things, and it now works on Rogers, through Starhub (one of Singapore's major networks). Speed test results are now pretty normal for Rogers. Not as fast as Bell, but I'm getting 50 down and fairly normal latency. It's good enough to recommend now. They also raised the price of the original esim from $25 to $28 USD (not CAD), but apparently, topping up is still $25 USD.

I also tested out a US esim on AT&T, which worked as expected, though also pretty slow.

Nothing compares with the convenience of using an esim really. You can buy and top up online. Setup is easy, though much easier if you have another device to scan the QR code from. No fumbling with a tiny sim and tray in the back of a dark taxi when you're travelling, or having to look for a "sim eject tool." I found out that once you buy an esim and set it up on a phone, you can't set that same esim up on a different phone. Oh, and support is pretty good.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)