183 upvotes

Airbnb 40$ off on first booking using paypal

Savings:
40$ off
Expiry:
June 30, 2017
Retailer:
Airbnb
Received this by email today. Not sure if it is targeted.

Hello .........,
We’re giving you $40 off your first Airbnb stay so book your next adventure right away. Just pay with PayPal and use code PYPLSTAY40 at checkout. Offer ends June 30th.
With homes in over 190 countries and 34,000 cities, there are endless places to explore. Plus, with fast and safer payment with PayPal, you know you’re in
great hands.
Images
  • rfd.jpg
44 replies
Jan 26, 2017
41 posts
8 upvotes
I just got an email from Paypal that if i booked through Airbnb for the first time, I'd recieve $40 off.

Use code PYPLSTAY40 at Paypal checkout.

Offer valid until June 30th.
Images
  • Inkedchrome_2017-04-04_18-22-24_LI.jpg
Nov 3, 2003
550 posts
37 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Its $40 off $80, according to TC

Terms and Conditions
The offer is valid for a $40 discount for first-time Airbnb users in Canada who pay for their first Eligible Booking with PayPal during the Offer Period, while supplies last. An "Eligible Booking" is a booking on Airbnb for $80 or more, exclusive of security deposits, cleaning fees, taxes and other fees. The "Offer Period" begins on April 4, 2017 at 08:00am EDT and ends on June 30, 2017 at 11:59pm EDT. To receive the discount, you must (i) be a PayPal member and have a valid Airbnb account, (ii) have never previously made a booking on Airbnb, (iii) request an Eligible Booking on Airbnb and have the reservation confirmed by the host during the Offer Period, (iv) enter the coupon code PYPLSTAY40 on the checkout page before entering your payment details, (v) have a Canadian PayPal account in good standing (if your PayPal account is locked or restricted you will not be able to use the coupon), and (vi) pay for the entire balance of the booking using PayPal. Limit one discount per user. The coupon is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or credit, and if your booking later qualifies for a refund, the maximum refund you may receive is the amount you actually paid. The coupon is for one-time use only and does not carry over. The coupon may not be combined with another Airbnb offer or discount code. Host payouts will not be affected by permissible guest use of the coupon. Determinations of eligibility will be made in Airbnb's sole discretion. Airbnb reserves the right to any remedy, including denial of the discount or cancellation of your account or reservations, if Airbnb, in its sole discretion, suspects fraud, tampering, violations of Airbnb’s Terms of Service or Payments Terms of Service, or technical errors. PayPal and Airbnb reserve the right to withdraw or amend promotional code or terminate this promotion at any time.
Oct 5, 2004
690 posts
541 upvotes
Vancouver
Not too take the steam out of the engine but you get a bigger discount by getting a referral which translates into $49 off $95 and the referrer gets $120 credit after a successful booking.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1463 posts
176 upvotes
Calgary
I before e except after c
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7466 posts
2884 upvotes
a_dee wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 8:36 pm
Not too take the steam out of the engine but you get a bigger discount by getting a referral which translates into $49 off $95 and the referrer gets $120 credit after a successful booking.
can't you combine the two? do a self-referral when creating account, and then use the coupon after? or that's not possible?
Jan 7, 2015
276 posts
29 upvotes
GVR
I can't seem to find the promo code box during PP checkout. Am I missing something?
Oct 5, 2004
690 posts
541 upvotes
Vancouver
No, it seems the referral discount is applied like a coupon, and that's the same "single coupon" field where you'd enter the paypal promo code. The code is entered in the airbnb check out screen where you enter payment details. It's not a PayPal code entered inside PayPal.
May 11, 2008
695 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
a_dee wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 8:36 pm
Where is this $120 promo stated? I only see the following in my account:

When someone signs up for Airbnb with your link, they’ll get $50 CAD in travel credit. After they take a trip, you’ll get $25 CAD in credit.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2006
4818 posts
233 upvotes
lkt01071 wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 10:56 pm
Where is this $120 promo stated? I only see the following in my account:

When someone signs up for Airbnb with your link, they’ll get $50 CAD in travel credit. After they take a trip, you’ll get $25 CAD in credit.
There is an extra promo on referrals where if they rent (using AirBnB) out their place you get another bonus.
Nov 3, 2010
248 posts
97 upvotes
Does this stack if someone refers you and you use the $50 off first AirBNB?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1248 posts
246 upvotes
Ottawa
AirBNB is simply amazing. We plan to go to a tiny town for vacation. Surprised. That place has AirBNB. Saved a few hundreds easily vs hotel.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Nov 30, 2009
324 posts
95 upvotes
Damn it. I already booked on airbnb in March. Is there a way to get this deal?
Mar 28, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up OP! I was able to use the code with no problems