Montreal
ah damn, booked over the weekend using paypal

:(
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8954 posts
749 upvotes
GTA
So this is only for new airbnb customers or does it work if you have an existing account?

I referred my sister recently and it wasn't showing up correctly in my account correctly. She had to contact them to get it sorted out, was a bit of a pain but got a decent credit for the referral. Would like to use this discount in combination with that referral credit in my account.
May 6, 2017
1 posts
Worked great!

A little tip though, and It wasn't entirely clear, but you have to first enter your payment method (PayPal) and get it verified, and THEN you can add the Coupon. I tried to add the coupon first before payment method was set (using the Android App) and kept saying Invalid code. I'm glad I kept at it, saved all the cleaning fees!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3333 posts
1245 upvotes
For you cheapskates using airbnb to book suites in residential condos, realize you are not in a hotel and therefore you need to treat the facilties and the residents with some respect.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4244 posts
817 upvotes
Toronto
johnnyblayze wrote:
May 8th, 2017 12:11 am
For you cheapskates using airbnb to book suites in residential condos, realize you are not in a hotel and therefore you need to treat the facilties and the residents with some respect.
lol?
Dec 10, 2006
188 posts
65 upvotes
johnnyblayze wrote:
May 8th, 2017 12:11 am
+1

Also Airbnb is prohibited in most condo's nowadays and is enforceable by the condo corporation. There is also now legal precedent for this as an owner who was using their unit for air bnb purposes went to court against the condo corporation because they wouldn't allow him to rent his unit on air bnb. The court sided in favor of the corporation.

Airbnb in condo's is just wrong because you never know whose in your building. E.g. The sister condo next to mine had prostitutes using a unit that was on Airbnb to conduct their affairs.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3333 posts
1245 upvotes
Sean1337 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 12:55 am
+1

Also Airbnb is prohibited in most condo's nowadays and is enforceable by the condo corporation. There is also now legal precedent for this as an owner who was using their unit for air bnb purposes went to court against the condo corporation because they wouldn't allow him to rent his unit on air bnb. The court sided in favor of the corporation.

Airbnb in condo's is just wrong because you never know whose in your building. E.g. The sister condo next to mine had prostitutes using a unit that was on Airbnb to conduct their affairs.
A twist to all this is when the majority of your condo board is made up of investors who themselves run Airbnb out of their suites!
Apr 10, 2017
9 posts
6 upvotes
Is this $40 off your first Airbnb booking ever or just your first using Paypal to pay?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2160 posts
76 upvotes
caution to anybody thinking of using Airbnb
if things are good, you'll have no issues (best way to do this... go with superhosts or whatever they're called but READ the reviews thoroughly)
Have a backup plan - there's enough instances of guests getting cancelled on last minute. Some end well (Airbnb gets them another place asap), some do not (stuck footing the bill for your own last minute hotel)

If you're a new guest or host and you're out of money for any reason, GOOD LUCK getting your $$ back
Here's some example AirbnbHell Guest Stories and AirbnbHell Host stories
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
1033 posts
335 upvotes
Does the coupon code PYPLSTAY40 work for USD paypal payments?
Mar 15, 2013
278 posts
95 upvotes
Fredericton
Anyone know of a coupon code for airbnb? Is there still a referral thing? Like you get $50 off and the person who refers you gets $25 credit?
Jan 16, 2016
664 posts
297 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
killoverme wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 1:01 am
There is an extra promo on referrals where if they rent (using AirBnB) out their place you get another bonus.
You're comparing apples to oranges with the referral of renting out one's place vs. renting to stay at someone's home.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
2440 posts
1615 upvotes
Sean1337 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 12:55 am
+1

Where does your sister live?