Shopping Discussion

AirMiles (2018 General Discussion)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 2:13 pm
May 17, 2010
154 posts
134 upvotes
Did anyone else do the LCBO promo last Friday June 29th (spend $100 or more and receive 30 bonus AM) Received my regular spend points the next day, but not the 30. The promo didn't indicate when the points would be posted?
Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4630 posts
2480 upvotes
mik99 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 11:32 am
Did anyone else do the LCBO promo last Friday June 29th (spend $100 or more and receive 30 bonus AM) Received my regular spend points the next day, but not the 30. The promo didn't indicate when the points would be posted?
Thanks
Did not do the LCBO Bonus Day Offer last week...
But did the one back on March 29th (Spend $ 100, and Get 30 BAMs)
Checked my AMs Statement... Bonus posted on April 10th
So 12 Days later

I’d therefore say start looking for your LCBO Bonus around July 11th

On the other hand...
In truth AirMiles as per their T&Cs has up to 120 Days (end of October) to post any Bonuses
Mar 13, 2017
256 posts
51 upvotes
Situation: Spouse and I have about $150 in Air Miles. We would like to make a major purchase at Rona. Any chance or possibility of stacking the points together to redeem a single item? Do they allow that?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4630 posts
2480 upvotes
beatles89 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 2:37 pm
Situation: Spouse and I have about $150 in Air Miles. We would like to make a major purchase at Rona. Any chance or possibility of stacking the points together to redeem a single item? Do they allow that?
No... not as is.

You can only use one AMs Card per transaction whether earning or redeeming.

You can transfer AMs between accounts... but the cost is steep @ 15 cents per AM
(Waaaay to steep for most as that is essentially what they are worth)

And then you can only transfer Cash Miles to Cash Miles, and Dream Miles to Dream Miles

The best bet is to collect together into one card / account
AMs actually encourages this, when they send out their Welcome to Onyx Pkgs, there are always 2 Cards
And as per the T&Cs one can contact AMs at any time to add additional cards

Mind you... the account is only in one Collectors name ... so there can be issues if something should happen to one in the Collecting Parnership

Our family only has one Onyx Account with 2 Cards these Days
We used to have 2 Cards / Accounts
But saw better overall value in just the one
(hence how we got to Onyx, and stay there)
It is set at 100% Dream Miles
To be used exclusively for airfares / vacations

Occasionally, we think of adding back a second card, as a place to collect some Cash Miles on the side
But todate we have not done it
Last edited by PointsHubby on Jul 6th, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 13, 2016
150 posts
70 upvotes
I just received Gold status.

I'm interested in the award plane ticket discounts. It says "up to 30%". What is the easiest way to know the exact discount I'll be getting?

Thanks
Apr 10, 2017
535 posts
188 upvotes
this is just a curious question:

I've been out of the loop with Airmiles for the very long time (swipe when I can) but I'm finding myself more and more at Shell (oddly enough it's the cheapest gas in my area). Any point of collecting at all? I pretty much fill 1.5-2x/week @ $80 per fill

Otherwise I can choose to fill at another area and just keep on collecting PC (Esso) or CT (Gas Bar) pts, 2 programs that I actively participate and redeem pts in
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4630 posts
2480 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 9:40 pm
this is just a curious question:

I've been out of the loop with Airmiles for the very long time (swipe when I can) but I'm finding myself more and more at Shell (oddly enough it's the cheapest gas in my area). Any point of collecting at all? I pretty much fill 1.5-2x/week @ $80 per fill

Otherwise I can choose to fill at another area and just keep on collecting PC (Esso) or CT (Gas Bar) pts, 2 programs that I actively participate and redeem pts in
Only you can decide if it’s worth it ... over the long run
(ie how much you save on gas, and how much you earn back in Points / Miles ... knowing that at least for now neither PCO or CT Money will let you cash out at the gas station)

If you are swiping your AirMiles card anyway occasionally, and buying gas at Shell regularly... this might indeed be worthwhile to you knowing that:

(A) EARNING AT SHELL

Shell & AMs have A LOT OF JOINT PROMOTIONS

* like Bonus AirMiles based on how much gas you buy in a month... the more you buy the GREATER the amounts of BONUS AMs you can earn
(Some posts here in this topic relating to that... and i’ll See if I can dig up some examples for you too)

* Annual MegaMiles & Shop The Block... seems to ALWAYS have Shell as a Partner
If you go there anyhow... it’s a great way to really rack up some serious AirMiles

(B) REDEEMING AT SHELL

Shell is a Cash Miles partner with AirMiles... so another great reason to gas up there for many people.

ADD (Shell Monthly Earn Bonus AMs examples)

# 1 - This topic, Page 12, Reply # 170 on February 6th
rdiamond1 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 6:50 pm
On Shell... they are the best ! lol... but really.

No agreed - that is an awful base rate.

But notice the last two months they have sent Email promo's worth 50 and 100 AM's... Bonus miles they are good at.... Offers that make you go there a few times for V Power...

Both of the last two monthly bonus offers have been sent out on the last day of the month.... I wonder if its something new for 2018 to make up for that awful base rate.

The offer I did NOT like from them was that STB for 50 litres minimum- in one go !... the majority of cars don't have a tank that big... and their option to "bring a friend" was not a good one. Grrrrr.... hopefully it does not repeat.
# 2 - Recent AirMiles Emails that I have myself received advertising Shell Bonuses

MAY 1st to 31st
3 Fill ups of min 25 Litres each
Earn 100 Bonus AirMiles

JUNE 1st to 30th
2 Fill ups of min 25 Litres each
Earn 25 Bonus AirMiles

JUNE 4th to SEPT 2nd
3 Bonus AirMiles with fill ups of min 25 Litres each (any grade gasoline)
3 Bonus AirMiles on Convenience Store Purchases of min $ 5 each
10 Bonus AirMiles on Select Items in Convenience Store Purchases
For more info see www.shell.ca/summerdays

If you have not already, you can opt in to getting AirMiles Newsletters & Emails here
https://optin.airmiles.ca

You can also go to the websites of the individual partners and sign up for their emails too
(Sobey’s, Metro, LCBO, etc)
This will give you access to MORE AirMiles Offers
And sometimes offers stack
(Ie Sobey’s Cents Off Per Litre Offer, stacks with AMs Bonus Miles Offer at Shell)
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
2109 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
Hi I got about 2000 all cash miles (I'm 100% Cash Miles, 0% Dream Miles). I want to cash it all out.

What is the best way to convert them into cash/credit as liquid value as possible? My current knowledge about using cash miles is shopping at Sobey's and Shell. Any other ways that use the Cash Miles almost like actual cash?
Sep 9, 2017
643 posts
338 upvotes
Winnipeg
Elfwood wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 11:13 am
Hi I got about 2000 all cash miles (I'm 100% Cash Miles, 0% Dream Miles). I want to cash it all out.

What is the best way to convert them into cash/credit as liquid value as possible? My current knowledge about using cash miles is shopping at Sobey's and Shell. Any other ways that use the Cash Miles almost like actual cash?
Rexall and Rona immediately come to mind.
Oct 14, 2017
525 posts
297 upvotes
GTA
Elfwood wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 11:13 am

To see the full list of merchants where you can redeem cash miles, look under Rewards on the site or in the app. I only redeem at a few so those are all I know off the top of my head. Metro is one that's not in the reply above.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
2109 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
Jonric wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 12:28 pm
To see the full list of merchants where you can redeem cash miles, look under Rewards on the site or in the app. I only redeem at a few so those are all I know off the top of my head. Metro is one that's not in the reply above.
Thanks. I read the full list. I don't shop at any of their stores (except TRU but TRU said they severed the AM relationship over 2 years now).

So I was wondering if there is a way to convert Cash Miles into cash/credit/gift cards that can be used at more places.
Mar 14, 2018
3 posts
3 upvotes
Not sure if you've all seen this perk for Shell.
Airmiles.ca/perks
Jan 19, 2017
936 posts
295 upvotes
Elfwood wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 1:25 pm
Thanks. I read the full list. I don't shop at any of their stores (except TRU but TRU said they severed the AM relationship over 2 years now).

So I was wondering if there is a way to convert Cash Miles into cash/credit/gift cards that can be used at more places.
i am assuming you don't buy lottery.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
2109 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
ml88888888 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 2:50 pm
i am assuming you don't buy lottery.
Where I can buy lottery using cash miles? Can I also buy pro line using cash miles?
Jan 19, 2017
936 posts
295 upvotes
Elfwood wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 3:25 pm
Where I can buy lottery using cash miles? Can I also buy pro line using cash miles?
Shell & Sobeys.