• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2018 10:48 am
Sep 9, 2017
910 posts
595 upvotes
Winnipeg
Elfwood wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 1:25 pm
Thanks. I read the full list. I don't shop at any of their stores (except TRU but TRU said they severed the AM relationship over 2 years now).

So I was wondering if there is a way to convert Cash Miles into cash/credit/gift cards that can be used at more places.
The grocery gift card might be worth checking out. It sounds like it can be used to buy gift cards in-store (other than at the excluded stores). I remember reading a post on RFD about it. I myself have not tried it however.

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/SponsorsD ... .id:100586

Overview

The Grocery Gift Card can be used at all participating Sobeys, Safeway, IGA*, IGA Extra, Foodland, Atlantic Canada Co-op, Thrifty Foods, Rachelle-Béry and Lawtons Drugs stores. Use the Grocery Gift Card yourself or gift it to a family member or friend!

Region
Valid at all participating Sobeys, Safeway, IGA*, IGA Extra, Foodland, Atlantic Canada Co-op, Thrifty Foods, Rachelle-Béry and Lawtons Drugs stores.

Exclusions
Grocery Gift Cards can be used for all in-store purchases except third party gift cards at any Rachelle-Béry, IGA Quebec, IGA Extra and Thrifty Foods locations, corporate gift cards, Safeway fuel or as prohibited by law. Grocery Gift Cards are not reloadable.

Terms & Conditions
Grocery Gift Cards are valid at participating Sobeys, Foodland, Atlantic Canada Co-op, IGA*, IGA Extra, Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Rachelle-Béry and Lawtons Drugs stores in Canada. Grocery Gift Cards can be used for all in-store purchases except corporate gift cards, Safeway fuel or as prohibited by law. Grocery Gift Cards are not reloadable. Grocery Gift Cards have no expiry and no fees will apply. Check your card balance in store, or by calling 1-800-832-0717. Protect your Grocery Gift card like cash. The value remaining on the card cannot be replaced if the card is lost, stolen, damaged or used without your consent. Grocery Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash except where required by law. Refunds for product returns of purchases paid for with this Grocery Gift Card will be made on a corporate gift card, unless the return amount is less than $5 in which case refund will be made in cash.

*In British Columbia, Grocery Gift Cards are only accepted at these IGA locations:
1. 4823 - 50 Avenue, Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0
2. 5001 - 50 Avenue, Chetwynd, BC V0C 1J0
3. 624-9 Avenue North, Golden, BC V0A 1H0

Note: If there is a remaining balance on your Grocery Gift Card, please retain your printed copy for future use.
May 17, 2010
164 posts
144 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 11:54 am
Did not do the LCBO Bonus Day Offer last week...
But did the one back on March 29th (Spend $ 100, and Get 30 BAMs)
Checked my AMs Statement... Bonus posted on April 10th
So 12 Days later

I’d therefore say start looking for your LCBO Bonus around July 11th

On the other hand...
In truth AirMiles as per their T&Cs has up to 120 Days (end of October) to post any Bonuses
Thanks PointsHubby! My 2 x30 points posted today. You were bang on Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6130 posts
3662 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
RE - SPONSORSHIP CHANGE
HILTON HOTELS GROUP

Waldorf Astoria - Conrad - Canopy - Hilton - Curio Collection - DoubleTree - Tapestry Collection - Embassy Suites - Hilton Garden Inn - Hampton Inn - Tru - Homewood Suites - Home2 - Hilton Grand Vacations

Looks like Hilton Hotels Group is no longer a Partner / Sponsor associated with AirMiles.

Where one could in the past earn AirMiles under the Airline Category with Hilton, this appears to be no more the case.

I found this out when making a Reservation recently and was notified that my Hilton Honors Profile required an update for a valid Airline Partner Membership Number. When I went into my file, I discovered the problem was AirMiles no longer appears as an option in the drop down list of Airlines.

Nor do they appear on the WHERE TO EARN List any longer on the AirMiles.ca website
(So that pretty much confirms it)

Bummer.

Oh well, my Hilton Honors bookings in the future will now just be paying me out in double points vs Points & Miles.
C’est la vie
Dec 8, 2008
106 posts
44 upvotes
Winnipeg
I just received an email with the following offer...July 13 - 15
Spend $100 at Safeway/Sobey Get Bonus 100 AMs
Spend $45 at MLC (MB Liquor Commission) Get Bonus 15 AMs
Do both and get an additional 50 AMs. Total bonuses 165 AMs
Coupons required.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6130 posts
3662 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
marmalade12 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 5:00 pm
I just received an email with the following offer...July 13 - 15
Spend $100 at Safeway/Sobey Get Bonus 100 AMs
Spend $45 at MLC (MB Liquor Commission) Get Bonus 15 AMs
Do both and get an additional 50 AMs. Total bonuses 165 AMs
Coupons required.
Nice AMs Offer / Bonus for Manitoba Collectors

Wonder if EVERYONE in MB got this email... or if it was even more selective in its target audience
Sep 9, 2017
910 posts
595 upvotes
Winnipeg
PointsHubby wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 11:23 pm
Nice AMs Offer / Bonus for Manitoba Collectors

Wonder if EVERYONE in MB got this email... or if it was even more selective in its target audience
I got it too.
Apr 19, 2017
197 posts
71 upvotes
Well, I read about the frustration with air miles and it caught up me as well.

I didn't use my old old card for years. Saw some sweet bonuses at my liquor store together with sale prices, and took advantage of that. Got several hundred points thinking I can use the 95 pts for 10$ as it was advertised. But now 1 week later I discover air miles are 2 programs, dream miles and cash miles. My account was set to the useless dream miles. Contact support via chat but they claim it's 100% impossible to transfer over.

Anyone managed in any way to get the dream points transferred to cash? The chat support said it's impossible and even if I call and talk with a supervisor it won't be done.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
5565 posts
1558 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I'm not sure why you are frustrated because I think the cash miles / dream miles have been going on since 2012.....

You can put a % in each or have all of them in dream or all of them in cash and there's was never a way to transfer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6130 posts
3662 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Ya, this has been a FACT for eons now.

Homestly, if you are going to belong to ANY Loyalty Program you need to make a point of reading the fine print... AND the emails sent to you about Program Changes

(You sound exactly like all the people who whined about the Points Expiry Fiasco back in 2016... when EVERY AIRMILES COLLECTOR was notified of the change 5+ years earlier, and had plenty of time to plan their strategy)

Dream Miles & Cash Miles are BOTH awesome ... some folks collect one not the other, and some people split up their AirMiles earned so as to enjoy the perks of both

There are lots of valuable tips & tricks for getting the most out of the AirMiles program in the ongoing 2018 AirMiles General Discussion thread here on RFD

airmiles-2018-general-discussion-2159478/

Which is where I am guessing the Mods will be moving your post anyhow...
Oct 14, 2017
736 posts
448 upvotes
GTA
PointsHubby wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 2:08 pm
Homestly, if you are going to belong to ANY Loyalty Program you need to make a point of reading the fine print... AND the emails sent to you about Program Changes
Either that or be willing to accept the consequences of not being willing to read them.
Jan 11, 2012
161 posts
14 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have enough miles (almost) for a western europe trip, flight only one city return ticket. I log in to check and it says the '7000 reward miles + $651 taxes and fees'
Similar ticket via Kayak is as low as $830 (air transat non stop)! So I assume using miles for europe is one of the worst deals ever? Or am I misreading something?
Aug 28, 2017
53 posts
6 upvotes
Does anybody know which vendor takes the least amount of time on posting Airmiles? Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6130 posts
3662 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
derek1984 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 12:15 pm
Does anybody know which vendor takes the least amount of time on posting Airmiles? Thanks.
Not all the Partners are national, and your RFD Profile gives us no location info

For Ontario... I would say the quickest is LCBO, they tend to POST the next day
(Seems their AirMiles Accounts accrue once a day... where some other Partners only do so once a week / once a month)

Tell us your Province, and you’ll get a more personalized answer for your location
Aug 28, 2017
53 posts
6 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 12:36 pm
Not all the Partners are national, and your RFD Profile gives us no location info

For Ontario... I would say the quickest is LCBO, they tend to POST the next day
(Seems their AirMiles Accounts accrue once a day... where some other Partners only do so once a week / once a month)

Tell us your Province, and you’ll get a more personalized answer for your location
Thank you very much for the answer. You got it. I am in Ontario : )
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1861 posts
635 upvotes
derek1984 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 2:13 pm
Thank you very much for the answer. You got it. I am in Ontario : )
For the partners I use in Ontario, LCBO, Goodyear and Rexall are the quickest. Others like Sobeys and Metro work on a weekly schedule, Sunday to Saturday. So if you buy something with Air Miles on Saturday, the miles will be posted Wednesday or Thursday (4 to 5 days).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)