• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 3:04 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3256 posts
1144 upvotes
akaManny wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 11:51 am
My neighbourhood Metro in Toronto is passing out the printed coupons today. Confirms 'only one offer per Partner counts toward the 3, 5 or 7 offers needed'. Reference is made to 'AIRMILES.CA/SHOPTHEBLOCK' (their CAPS, not mine), but I'm not seeing anything but white on that page.
I should grab the coupons from my Metro then, last time they too had printed ones prior to STB showing what Metro offered. Metro, Sobeys, Foodland, Urban fresh & Shell. we should have 5 easy ones already. I am near Gatineau so I will also include IGA, then one more from Rexall or LCBO, airmilesshop.ca, or AM Credit cards, I still think it's doable and can't wait :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3848 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mkl38s wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 12:26 pm
I should grab the coupons from my Metro then, last time they too had printed ones prior to STB showing what Metro offered. Metro, Sobeys, Foodland, Urban fresh & Shell. we should have 5 easy ones already. I am near Gatineau so I will also include IGA, then one more from Rexall or LCBO, airmilesshop.ca, or AM Credit cards, I still think it's doable and can't wait :)
SHOP THE BLOCK - COUPON BOOKS

Be aware that the printed coupon books ARE SPONSORED... so not all the STB Offers appears in them
They also are distributed regionally... so they can differ both place to place, and even store to store
(Depending on who’s sponsoring them... ie Sobey’s vs Rexall)

For a full set of Offers & RULES to use / qualifying
It is always best to consult the Shop The Block Website
(Once it’s up & running)
May 16, 2012
55 posts
5 upvotes
Markham
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 12:25 pm
In 2017, for Shop The Block
Base Miles & Bonus Miles from shopping at AMs Partners (Shell, Sobey’s Group, Rona, Lowe’s etc) we’re credited quickly, and counted into one’s 2017 totals
The STB BIG BONUS Miles... were credited in February 2018, and therefore counted into 2018 Earning Totals

So if they use the same process this year...
Just the Base & Bonus Miles you Earn, will effect your 2018 Earnings / 2019 Status... as you have to earn 1000 / 6000 AMs by December 31st to have Gold or Onyx Status for all of 2019

How close are you ?
Don’t give up hope just yet, there is still almost 2 months in 2018 to make it happen
Thanks for info PointsHubby! I'm only about 200 air miles away so I should be able to make it but I wanted to do it through STB rather than forcing some spending to make it thanks...
fyhchan
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1879 posts
654 upvotes
fyhchan wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 3:19 pm
Thanks for info PointsHubby! I'm only about 200 air miles away so I should be able to make it but I wanted to do it through STB rather than forcing some spending to make it thanks...
If you don't already have Cash Miles, you should consider that option. In the booklet that I have, you can get 50 Bonus Miles by redeeming 95 Cash Miles at Metro, but it is Dec 20 - 24 so you have time to earn the 95 miles and then switch back to dream miles. Sobeys and Foodland probably will have a similar offer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3848 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
fyhchan wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 3:19 pm
200 Miles to go until Onyx Status is not unsurmountable...
You will have lots of opportunities to earn with the Shop The Block Promotion
BOTH Base & Bonus Miles
Plenty of Partners ramp up thier own Bonus AMs Promos specifically to dovetail with this event, and to reward AirMilers doing their Christmas Shopping
Last year we racked up over 500 AMs with the STB Event... BEFORE the BIG BONUSES were awarded

Some of the big players in those amounts proved to be (at least for us)
BMO AirMiles MC
AirMiles Shops.ca
Rexall
Sobey’s Group

AirMiles Shops.ca generating a very high portion... 150 BAMs for shopping at 3 Retailers PLUS the Base & Bonus Mike’s for EACH Store Purchase... at 200+ AMs... proved a great way to buy Christmas Presents online, something we would have done anyhow

To get a better idea of what was offered by which Partners in the past, take a look at the RFD Topic for STB 2017
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/air-mil ... 7-2141077/

All the Offers are listed in the first few posts by @trystee
(They did an awesome job with this RFD Topic... am hoping they’ll take up this cause this year too)
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 2nd, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 8, 2015
105 posts
49 upvotes
East York, ON
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 11:38 pm

Seems the easiest way I will get this done will be c/o Sobey’s which is running a promo
Spend a minimum $ 100 November 2nd thru 4th, and get 20x the AirMiles
$ 100 Spend is normally 5 AMs ( 1 Base Mile / $ 20 Spent) ... so 20x is a big fat 100 AMs
sobeys20x.JPG
I think I try that one. Making a list of groceries to be used in the household, with minimal amount of tax on them.
With my bmo airmiles world elite MC, on a $100+ spent at Sobeys, this promo should bring me 200 AM with the normal 1AM = $10 spent on that CC.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3848 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Leasiderin wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 4:02 pm
sobeys20x.JPG

I think I try that one. Making a list of groceries to be used in the household, with minimal amount of tax on them.
With my bmo airmiles world elite MC, on a $100+ spent at Sobeys, this promo should bring me 200 AM with the normal 1AM = $10 spent on that CC.
Indeed spend $ 100 at Sobey’s with the current flyer promo this weekend and get 20x the AMs
$ 100 Spend = (1 AM / $ 20) x 20 = 5 x 20 = 100 AirMiles

Plus Earn the Onyx Bonus of 15 BAMs

Charge it to your BMO WE MC (1 AM / $ 10) = Another 10 AirMiles

Personally, don’t have a BMO AMs WE extra Bonus for November
Had one for October that gave out bonuses for $ 100, $ 150, or $ 200+ Spends
But it expired on October 31st

We plan to check out the Sobey’s Flyer on Flipp
And make a list of what is on sale or has Bonus AirMiles
Then double check that the prices make sense
And buy just what works for us to get to just above that required $ 100

Knowing prices is extremely important in these situations

Won’t buy something if it’s overpriced

But will buy stuff at Sobey’s if the price is identical to somewhere else
Cause $ 100 spent at another retailer may get me nothing back
Where a $ 100 Spent at Sobey’s this weekend will get me 100 AirMiles
Which is roughly $ 10 (where 95 Cash Miles = $ 10)
Not counting the other miles & bonuses earned on this same transaction
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 2nd, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1879 posts
654 upvotes
Leasiderin wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 4:02 pm
sobeys20x.JPG

How do you get 200? More than 10 for the MC?
May 8, 2015
105 posts
49 upvotes
East York, ON
My BMO WE MC is supposed to bring me, copying their T&C, "1 AIR MILES reward mile for every $10 that you spend on your credit card". That would mean, normally a $100 spend should bring me 10AM. Is that right, or?

If I calculated correctly, the Sobeys offer should then bring me 200 AM. (1AM for $10) x 20 =200 AM. No?

I am no good at math ((

Not Onyx yet.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3848 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Leasiderin wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 4:38 pm
My BMO WE MC is supposed to bring me, copying their T&C, "1 AIR MILES reward mile for every $10 that you spend on your credit card". That would mean, normally a $100 spend should bring me 10AM. Is that right, or?

If I calculated correctly, the Sobeys offer should then bring me 200 AM. No?

I am no good at math ((

Not Onyx yet.
Ya, BMO AMs WE MC gives you 1 AM / $ 10 charged
$ 100 = 10 AirMiles

The double up on AirMiles at Partners with BMO MC... does not apply to the WE MC (Black Card) = 1 AM / $ 10 Spent
Or to the World MC (Gold Card) = 1 AM / $ 15 Spent

Just to the Basic AMs MC (Blue Card) where the normal rate of Earn is 1 AM / $ 20 Spent

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... /airmiles/

As well this weekend offer (November 2nd thru 4th) is a Sobey’s Offer... see their flyer
So it’s not tied to how you pay
Or the fact that BMO AMs MC is also an AirMiles Partner

If you earn any additional Bonus AirMiles from BMO MC... they’d have to be because of another offer personalized / targeted to you

There have been several of those in recent months

Including the ones here that are on this weekend that are mentioned in this thread,
And started this thread also on RFD in the HOT DEALS FORUM
air-miles-targeted-air-miles-offer-25-a ... r-2234360/
May 8, 2015
105 posts
49 upvotes
East York, ON
PointsHubby
Where does it say that the double up on AirMiles at Partners with BMO MC... does not apply to the WE MC (Black Card) please?
Double dipping would mean getting AM both for the promo and for using the MC? I only mean the promo right now.

Talking with AM rep on chat, she says I should get 200 AM for that promo: "World Elite MC card, it is that you will spend 10$ and get 1 mile for the purchase. If you spend 100$ and you will get 10 as base and 20X will get you 200 miles. You are able to double dip miles. You may use your MC and if you have your air miles physical card together and you may get double the miles."
Nov 11, 2016
556 posts
299 upvotes
Halifax
Leasiderin wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 5:04 pm
PointsHubby
Where does it say that the double up on AirMiles at Partners with BMO MC... does not apply to the WE MC (Black Card) please?
Double dipping would mean getting AM both for the promo and for using the MC? I only mean the promo right now.

Talking with AM rep on chat, she says I should get 200 AM for that promo: "World Elite MC card, it is that you will spend 10$ and get 1 mile for the purchase. If you spend 100$ and you will get 10 as base and 20X will get you 200 miles. You are able to double dip miles. You may use your MC and if you have your air miles physical card together and you may get double the miles."
https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... lsrc=aw.ds

The difference between the two cards is described here.

As you can see the regular card has 2 X the Air Miles with Air Miles Partners.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1534 posts
280 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone else having issues with Sobey's bonus airmiles not showing up? These are the ones they send you in an email. Ex: spend $110 get 30 airmiles.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3848 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
rdiamond1 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 5:35 pm
https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... lsrc=aw.ds

The difference between the two cards is described here.

As you can see the regular card has 2 X the Air Miles with Air Miles Partners.
This.

My link
https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... /airmiles/

Shows each of the BMO AMs MCs available (4 in total) and how they credit Miles

ONLY the Basic Blue Card gives double Miles at AirMiles Partners
Their regular rate is 1 AM / $ 20 charged to the card
Double up therefore gives 1 AM / $ 10 charged to the card at AirMiles Partners
Leasiderin wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 5:04 pm
PointsHubby

Sorry... but the info you got from the AMs Rep was either incorrect, or you misunderstood.

The 20x the AirMiles Promo is ONLY for Sobey’s
It has nothing to do with how one chooses to pay

You can read the fine print on the Sobey’s Flyer for yourself
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3848 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
webshark wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 5:51 pm
Anyone else having issues with Sobey's bonus airmiles not showing up? These are the ones they send you in an email. Ex: spend $110 get 30 airmiles.
Which email ?
From who ?
AirMiles, AMs BMO MC, Sobey’s ... who’s in the FROM Box ?

If you are talking about the promos coming in in recent months from AirMiles / BMO AMs MC... the fine print clearly says the miles will not post with purchase, but come in later (the usual lag time... 60 to 120 Days from Transaction / end of Promo, depending on the Retailer)

In recent months I have got such promos for spends
On my MC (Spends by number of Partners)
At specific Partners (Sobey’s, Shell etc)
Or on specific buys (ie Sobey’s GC)

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

tomw, rdiamond1, Jon Lai