• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 3:17 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3256 posts
1144 upvotes
akaManny wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 3:46 pm
If you don't already have Cash Miles, you should consider that option. In the booklet that I have, you can get 50 Bonus Miles by redeeming 95 Cash Miles at Metro, but it is Dec 20 - 24 so you have time to earn the 95 miles and then switch back to dream miles. Sobeys and Foodland probably will have a similar offer.
wow, Metro is late. If anyone wants to include Metro, you won't have 7 partners completed till the last weekend :(
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3850 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mkl38s wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 6:44 pm
wow, Metro is late. If anyone wants to include Metro, you won't have 7 partners completed till the last weekend :(
I find some of the National Partners unpredictable in these AirMiles Big Bonus Events... such as Rexall, Shell and the Grocery Chains
As they don’t always advertise ALL THEIR PROMOS up front
Some are staggered throughout the event
And others are announced later on
OR tied into their Flyer Promos

Another reason once the website goes live, that Collectors need to check in for complete info
And often...
Cause things change are added throughout the Promo Event

Honestly I think the Coupon Booklets are for Rookies
Cause they misrepresent a lot of how great extensive these Annual events are
(Coupon books limited to just a handful of Promos / Partners)
The website does a far better job presenting EVERYTHING
And therefore how truly easy it is to earn the BIG BONUSES
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1534 posts
280 upvotes
Ontario
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 5:59 pm
Which email ?
From who ?
AirMiles, AMs BMO MC, Sobey’s ... who’s in the FROM Box ?

If you are talking about the promos coming in in recent months from AirMiles / BMO AMs MC... the fine print clearly says the miles will not post with purchase, but come in later (the usual lag time... 60 to 120 Days from Transaction / end of Promo, depending on the Retailer)

In recent months I have got such promos for spends
On my MC (Spends by number of Partners)
At specific Partners (Sobey’s, Shell etc)
Or on specific buys (ie Sobey’s GC)
Sobeys sends emails with bonus points every week. Surprised nobody else gets this. Really easy to get bonus points at sobeys. You just click on which offers you want when they send the email and it loads them. The last couple of times I have loaded them but the are showing not redeemed. It show up on your receipt or on the Sobeys site.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3850 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
webshark wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 8:32 pm
Sobeys sends emails with bonus points every week. Surprised nobody else gets this. Really easy to get bonus points at sobeys. You just click on which offers you want when they send the email and it loads them. The last couple of times I have loaded them but the are showing not redeemed. It show up on your receipt or on the Sobeys site.
Thanks for the explanation.
I get those In Store AirMiles “Extra” Offers too ... via the App
(We also have the same arrangement with the Metro & IGA App)

And yes, at times i’ve had some offers that were loaded but not credited
While others in the same week were loaded and were credited

When Miles are missing, I just go to the Grocery Store / Partner website and look for the Contact Us links
You send them the details, then they confirm via email
And finally the Missing Miles Post
DATE - Partner - Missing Miles Adjustment = + X

It is not usually automatic though
There is a bit of a delay, because of the Grocery Store’s Reporting Schedule to AMs
(Ie once a week, on the Sundays)
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3040 posts
5901 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 3:57 pm
To get a better idea of what was offered by which Partners in the past, take a look at the RFD Topic for STB 2017
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/air-mil ... 7-2141077/

All the Offers are listed in the first few posts by @trystee
(They did an awesome job with this RFD Topic... am hoping they’ll take up this cause this year too)
I'm debating whether to take on STB 2018 this year or let someone else take the lead.

If I do decide on doing it, I'm wondering if @akaManny would be kind enough to help me get started by listing/posting some of the offers from the coupon booklet in said newly created thread?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1321 posts
427 upvotes
Hamilton
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 12:25 pm
In 2017, for Shop The Block
Base Miles & Bonus Miles from shopping at AMs Partners (Shell, Sobey’s Group, Rona, Lowe’s etc) we’re credited quickly, and counted into one’s 2017 totals
The STB BIG BONUS Miles... were credited in February 2018, and therefore counted into 2018 Earning Totals

So if they use the same process this year...
Just the Base & Bonus Miles you Earn, will effect your 2018 Earnings / 2019 Status... as you have to earn 1000 / 6000 AMs by December 31st to have Gold or Onyx Status for all of 2019

How close are you ?
Don’t give up hope just yet, there is still almost 2 months in 2018 to make it happen
I received an email today saying I'm 931 away. If STB counts in 2018 I can do it.
May 7, 2012
583 posts
204 upvotes
CaptainCrash wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 12:49 am
I received an email today saying I'm 931 away. If STB counts in 2018 I can do it.
Don't plan on it. The big 2017 STB points landed early Feb 18. I'm in same boat. Gotta hustle!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3850 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
trystee wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 12:42 am
I'm debating whether to take on STB 2018 this year or let someone else take the lead.

If I do decide on doing it, I'm wondering if @akaManny would be kind enough to help me get started by listing/posting some of the offers from the coupon booklet in said newly created thread?
@trystee
I would help out where I can as well
Seeing as I am pretty tied into AirMiles already (this RFD thread)

Last year you kicked off the thread on November 8th
So about 1 week before Launch

By then there was more info available... probably online

Remember too that the Coupon Books are sponsored & regional ... so differ greatly Place to place and even store to store

I am guessing the website Shop the Block 2018 will be up shortly... no doubt that’s why we are seeing the “white blank page” ... they are doing the programming / editing for this year’s edition
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3850 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
CaptainCrash wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 12:49 am
gameon12 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 1:19 am
Don't plan on it. The big 2017 STB points landed early Feb 18. I'm in same boat. Gotta hustle!
This

931 is a lot of miles to get thru in 2 months. But do-able.
Think 9 transactions of 100 AirMiles.

Look at the likes of Sobey’s & Rexall ... their flyers regularly have good Bottom line bonuses with 100 AirMiles

Here in Eastern Ontario (maybe all of Ontario / Canada ???) Sobey’s is running a 20x the Miles Promo this weekend WUS at least $ 100
That right there is 100 AirMiles or more in just one go
Nov 2, 2018
1 posts
2 upvotes
Got 1000 miles posted on two accounts. Probably did more than 8 for each. I remember distinctly that FootLocker posted but eventually got deducted, which is so weird. I'm going to avoid them in the future. Amazon is a hit or miss, some posted, some didn't.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1879 posts
654 upvotes
mkl38s wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 6:44 pm
I didn't mean to imply that this was the only offer from Metro in the booklet. There is another that runs for the whole period and doesn't require Cash Miles. I was making a suggestion to the poster who wanted to get enough miles for Onyx without spending too much. You are correct that for those of us that plan to use the Cash Miles offer at Metro, it is very late.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1879 posts
654 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 12:42 am

Please create the thread and I will enter offers from the 'Metro' coupon booklet. Should I use the same format as last year? For example:
[ Nov 24 Only ] - The Children's Place - Spend $50 And Get 10x Air Miles - 1 AM Per $20 Spend, Allow Up To 8 Weeks Post Promo To Receive AM - COUPON REQUIRED (PRINT OR USE CODE: 327CP10X)
Nov 11, 2016
556 posts
299 upvotes
Halifax
akaManny wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 7:05 am
Please create the thread and I will enter offers from the 'Metro' coupon booklet. Should I use the same format as last year? For example:
[ Nov 24 Only ] - The Children's Place - Spend $50 And Get 10x Air Miles - 1 AM Per $20 Spend, Allow Up To 8 Weeks Post Promo To Receive AM - COUPON REQUIRED (PRINT OR USE CODE: 327CP10X)
Thanks @akaManny and @trystee for taking this on.
A big job - but benefits many.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1321 posts
427 upvotes
Hamilton
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 1:33 am
This

931 is a lot of miles to get thru in 2 months. But do-able.
Think 9 transactions of 100 AirMiles.

Look at the likes of Sobey’s & Rexall ... their flyers regularly have good Bottom line bonuses with 100 AirMiles

Here in Eastern Ontario (maybe all of Ontario / Canada ???) Sobey’s is running a 20x the Miles Promo this weekend WUS at least $ 100
That right there is 100 AirMiles or more in just one go
Gift cards included?

Edit. Saw the flyer and gift cards excluded. $100 is tough with just two of us in the house. But may take a run at it. Also got a shell V power bonus for 100 on November. So there's 200.

Need a Sobeys gift card promo.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3256 posts
1144 upvotes
CaptainCrash wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 8:35 am
Gift cards included?

Edit. Saw the flyer and gift cards excluded. $100 is tough with just two of us in the house. But may take a run at it. Also got a shell V power bonus for 100 on November. So there's 200.

Need a Sobeys gift card promo.
You can apply for BMO AM no fee Mastercard, they offer 800AM sign up bonus right now. Then you should be able to do 131AM from STB event. My daughter's account is Onyx, my wife account is short 200AM and mine short about 1000AM. I for sure can get my wife account to Onyx. I think 2 Onyx probably good enough in the family. I have prepared and moved my wife account to 100% dream miles as I find not much benefit to be Onyx with cash miles

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)