Aug 11, 2011
3040 posts
5899 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:43 pm
That’s awesome for BCers just prior to 2018 Shop The Block
With anyone look8ng to build up their Cash Miles Account
So does Thrifty post bonuses like this quickly... or is there a delay ?
Per the flyer's fine print: Miles Take Up To 14 Business Days To Appear In Your Account
Sep 25, 2018
23 posts
18 upvotes
BC
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:43 pm
That’s awesome for BCers just prior to 2018 Shop The Block
With anyone look8ng to build up their Cash Miles Account
So does Thrifty post bonuses like this quickly... or is there a delay ?
It seems that Thrifty Foods posts AM every Wednesday in BC, at least in my case! I might be wrong though!
"Share" is such a powerful action verb that...!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3845 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
trystee wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:00 pm

Per the flyer's fine print: Miles Take Up To 14 Business Days To Appear In Your Account
SBK500 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:27 pm
It seems that Thrifty Foods posts AM every Wednesday in BC, at least in my case! I might be wrong though!
So similar to what we have here with Sobey’s, Metro & IGA
Nice Bonus... and
Into ones Cash Miles within 14 Days
And therefor totally usable for the various STB 2018 Cash Miles Offers
Win-win
Nov 11, 2016
555 posts
298 upvotes
Halifax
Was hoping for this type of GIft Card offer this week at Sobey's Atlantic - but no. Nothing.
They used to do that offer about every three weeks - buy 200 $ in GC and get 100 AM's but I have not seen it for a couple of months and I have been looking.

I have 517 cash miles now for STB... I hope that is enough and I am excited to see the offers next week.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3845 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
rdiamond1 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:17 am
Was hoping for this type of GIft Card offer this week at Sobey's Atlantic - but no. Nothing.
They used to do that offer about every three weeks - buy 200 $ in GC and get 100 AM's but I have not seen it for a couple of months and I have been looking.

I have 517 cash miles now for STB... I hope that is enough and I am excited to see the offers next week.
That’s too bad
In Ontario our Sobey’s GC Bonus was announced Oct 4th, and happened in time for Thanksgiving
150 BAMs with each $ 150 GC

Personally, we just switched over to Cash Miles in anticipation of STB 2018
And still have HUNDREDS OF AIRMILES that are OUTSTANDING from a variety of Promos we’ve taken part in over the last few months
Hoping that some of them come thru in the next 10 or so days
Jul 22, 2010
731 posts
112 upvotes
toronto
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 3:35 pm
You are right there was (is ?) a promo IIRC for opting in
I will see if I can find it for you

Right now with STB 2018 just days away... i’d make no major moves
Incase there are STB Offers / Challenges that you circumvent because of

The one exception... is maybe having a few Cash Miles on hand so as to use them for potential STB Offers / Transactions

I myself have for the first time ever, switched from 100% Dream Miles to 100% Cash Miles leading up to STB... in hopes I will have some to use should there be STB Cash Miles Offers to count towards the STB BIG BONUS Partner Counts

NOTE - I will switch back a few days BEFORE STB 2018 begins, cause the computer changeover on the AirMiles Computer / Accounts takes over 24 Hours

Being a Dream vs Cash Miles Collector (or BOTH) is totally a personal choice.
You can read a post I did on this recently in the STB 2018 Topic:
any chance you found that promo email for signing up? =D
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3845 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Scavos wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:15 pm
any chance you found that promo email for signing up? =D
RE - AirMiles Newsletters & Emails - 25 AirMiles Sign Up Bonus
1 Sign up per Collector Number

The Bonus AirMiles (25) for Opting Into getting Newsletters & Emails
Is on the AirMiles Website (1 per Collector Number)
https://optin.airmiles.ca

As I said, you might want to mull this one over
And not react too fast
Cause these are often the sort of Challenges for signing up that appear at the Big Bonus Events
Dec 11, 2009
44 posts
43 upvotes
GTA
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 3:35 pm
[...]
NOTE - I will switch back a few days BEFORE STB 2018 begins, cause the computer changeover on the AirMiles Computer / Accounts takes over 24 Hours
Point of clarification: I have been playing with the switch a bit of late on Balance Preference (Cash vs Dream), and in the course of doing so noted that the effective day and time is 3am the day after the change. While this may feel like 'next day', and is, it is almost always less than 24 hours and can be as short as about 3 hours if one doesn't make the change till late evening one day. From the Balance Preference page showing the toggle in the process of changing preferences, here is the notation:

"Any change in your preference will take effect at 3:00am ET the following day."

That has been my actual experience, as well. YMMV.

I will likely still leave a bit of a cushion of time where it comes down to small windows to spend in, but perhaps this will be of assistance to someone. (As well, posting dates of AMs by vendors does vary as has been pointed out time and again by others.)

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3845 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
bot wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 1:53 pm
Point of clarification: I have been playing with the switch a bit of late on Balance Preference (Cash vs Dream), and in the course of doing so noted that the effective day and time is 3am the day after the change. While this may feel like 'next day', and is, it is almost always less than 24 hours and can be as short as about 3 hours if one doesn't make the change till late evening one day. From the Balance Preference page showing the toggle in the process of changing preferences, here is the notation:

"Any change in your preference will take effect at 3:00am ET the following day."

That has been my actual experience, as well. YMMV.

I will likely still leave a bit of a cushion of time where it comes down to small windows to spend in, but perhaps this will be of assistance to someone. (As well, posting dates of AMs by vendors does vary as has been pointed out time and again by others.)

Good post
Thanks for the feedback

Yes I knew this bit... that the website says the rollover is at 3:00 AM
(my personal experience as well)

But I will leave the info as is ... because often Collectors make the change over spurred on by some event
Such as all the folks, currently scrambling to ramp up their Cash Miles in anticipation of next week’s launch of Shop The Block

You are also absolutely right... Partners are all on different AirMiles Reporting & Posting cycles

My current posting on this topic is also sort of secondary these days as we head into Shop The Block 2018

RFD thread - Shop the Block 2018
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/air-mil ... n-2234901/

I admit I am being a lot more focussed & precise over there than here right now... as things move / change a lot more rapidly

And folks are far more engaged in keeping track of CURRENT POSTING actions by Partners, due to the immediate nature / need of getting things done heading towards a real deadline

This thread... will be fully revised after Shop The Block... and relaunched as AirMiles (2019 General Discussion) then.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4600 posts
821 upvotes
I had a BMO Mastercard World Elite Airmiles card for along time, but cancelled it last year, and have been using a BMO Mastercard cashback card for the last 10 or 11 months.

If I apply for this card again now, am I still eligible to receive the bonus 3000 airmiles?
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
May 17, 2010
164 posts
144 upvotes
ottawa
Shopped in store at Lowe's late yesterday afternoon. Points posted this morning. Impressive! Less then 24 hours
Dec 2, 2009
417 posts
44 upvotes
BC
Can someone elaborate on how airmiles works at Shell Gas station?
I have the BMO Airmiles World Elite Mastercard.

- How many miles do I get at Shell gas Station
- Do I need to swipe my air miles card, then use my BMO Air Miles card
- Do I get bonue miles at Shell if I use my BMO Air MIles card?

Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3845 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mx703 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 7:00 pm
Can someone elaborate on how airmiles works at Shell Gas station?
I have the BMO Airmiles World Elite Mastercard.

- How many miles do I get at Shell gas Station
- Do I need to swipe my air miles card, then use my BMO Air Miles card
- Do I get bonue miles at Shell if I use my BMO Air MIles card?

Thanks!
Ok here’s how I do it at the Pump
1- Swipe My AirMiles Card
2- Swipe My CC
3- Pump Gas
4- Print Receipt

Everyone swiping an AirMiles Card earns 1 AM When You Buy a Minimum of 15 Litres of Gas Purchased in the one transaction
** see the next few posts regarding a clarification **
Believe it isn’t EVERY 15 Litres, but actually once your purchase includes 15 Litres
BIG Difference (which I have now fixed, and BOLDED here)

Then your CC Earns are separate... coming thru on your CC Statement
No matter what CC you use (AirMiles or not)

BMO AMs Basic (Blue) MC = 1 AM / $ 20 ... Double the Miles at AMs FULL Partners ... like Shell
BMO AMs World (Gold) MC = 1 AM / $ 15
BMO AMs World Elite (Black) MC = 1 AM / $ 10

For Instore purchases at Shell... when you swipe your AMs Card you earn 1 AM per $ 10 Spent
Plus if you put it on a CC ... then whatever bonuses your CC gives you monthly

Additionally there are often Bonus Offers at Shell
You’ll find them, and their details on the AirMiles Website and Shell Website
Or by email if you subscribe to either / both
If you are Gold or Onyx Status you’ll often get other Targeted Bonus...
just for you
They can come from either AirMiles or BMO MC
Often you have a timeframe to complete the challenge... and you have to click to OPT IN

During AMs BIG BONUS EVENTS ... like MegaMiles - Pack to School - or the Upcoming Shop the Block
You usually need to pump your gas then go into pay
WITH THE COUPON
The cashier needs to BOTH swipe your AMs Card, and the coupon (or punch in a code)
So the bonus miles get credited (Partner Counted)
After that, again you can pay however you choose
KEEP THE RECEIPT ... until your Base & Bonus Miles are POSTED to your AMs account

The BIG BONUS EVENT Coupons have very precise info on how to use them printed on the back
(best source for coupons the OFFICIAL STB Website = www.shoptheblock.ca
2018 Offers to go LIVE on November 14th)

As well, many of us have noticed that Shell isn’t usually up to speed the first couple of days of a promo
So wait a day or two if you can (less disappointment / miles to chase)

Also if you plan to partake in the BIG BONUS EVENTS look to the RFD Topics on them for Tips & Tricks

Helpful links
AirMiles - Shell - Partner Page = https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/EarnMiles ... rDirectory
Shell - AirMiles Partner Page = https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/lo ... eward.html
RFD 2018 Shop The Block = http://forums.redflagdeals.com/air-mile ... n-2234901/

EDIT / ADD - as well there can be some Regional / Provincial Differences on Miles Collected... or Promotions at any given time
Best to check the Shell.ca website (link above) for complete info
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 12th, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 11, 2016
555 posts
298 upvotes
Halifax
I think you only ever get one air mile per fill up . It is one am for a minimum of 15 lites. So if you get 16, 25 or 150 litres - it is one air mile.
Nov 11, 2016
555 posts
298 upvotes
Halifax
Irving has had 1 airmilecfor every 20 litres. Therefore a possibility exists of getting more than one air mile if your gas tank is large enough

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

PointsHubby