Shopping Discussion

AirMiles 2019 (General Discussion Thread)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2019 11:15 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7003 posts
4517 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

AirMiles 2019 (General Discussion Thread)

Hi Everyone,

This is the 2019 thread to discuss everything AirMiles www.airmiles.ca here on RFD

This General Discussion AirMiles thread is just that... for General Discussion of the AirMiles Program and day-to-day or ongoing ways to build or use Miles to one’s best advantage.

** Read thru the first five posts here for more on current & ongoing AirMiles issues **

===========================================================

CURRENT INFO

BalloonParty Popper HAPPY NEW YEAR 🥂Balloon

Year End Housekeeping

We open the annual thread with the encouragement of Collectors to record their 2018 AirMiles activity.

This can easily be done, by logging into your AirMiles Account and taking screen shots of ALL the Transactions by Month... January thru December 2018. Click on YOUR PROFILE, and then VIEW FULL TRANSACTION HISTORY (and lastly choose each month). **

Additionally, one should also take a screen shot of your 2018 STATUS Page.

Which shows how many AirMiles you earned in 2018, and your AMs STATUS (Blue - Gold - or Onyx) **

These 2 actions will give you a tally of Miles POSTED thus far. Miles that straggle from Autum 2018, Shop the Block, or December Purchases May come in the New Year. But together these 2 actions, will help you better understand what Miles are STILL OUTSTANDING.

This Information in 2019, will also serve as a baseline for how you are doing as the year progresses compared to where you were in 2018, and factual info on what you achieved on some of AirMiles BIG BONUS EVENTS (MegaMiles 2018 - Pack to School 2018 - Shop the Block 2018) etc

** NOTE - Take these screen shots NOW. Come January 1st, the AirMiles Website will refresh / reset and some of this helpful data from 2018 will disappear.
Feel free to share your 2018 Results with the rest of us (as I have with Post # 7 below)

Also a good time to set up an OUTSTANDING MILES Spreadsheet or other Note Taking System for 2019

Useful Columns = DATE - AMs Partner - Retailer / Store / OnLine - Details of Purchase - Promotion - Base Miles Due - Bonus Miles Due - MILES POSTED - MILES STILL OUTSTANDING - ACTION TAKEN - RESULTS

NOTE THAT DECEMBER 31, 2018 IS THE LAST DAY TO USE DREAM MILES TO BUY TRAVEL CERTIFICATES from
Transat Distribution Canada (TDC)

As a result of this new partnership, after December 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET, Collectors will no longer be able to get Miles directly from Transat Travel, Club Voyages, Voyages Transat, Travel Plus, Marlin Travel and tripcentral.ca or use their Miles for Transat Travel Certificates. Collectors can continue to use their Cash Miles for Transat eVouchers up until December 31, 2018.

Any Certificates or eVouchers you may have currently will continue to be honoured after this time.
For further info & FAQs see the AirMiles Website... TRAVEL Section
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Splash?sp ... cale=en_CA
Last edited by PointsHubby on Dec 31st, 2018 10:51 am, edited 13 times in total.
124 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7003 posts
4517 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER # 1

2019 - NEWS

BEGINNING - JANUARY 8, 2019

AirMiles will be expanding their relationship with RedTag.ca

Redtag.ca

We are pleased to announce a new partnership with redtag.ca that provides AIR MILES® Collectors with more options to get and use Miles when making Package Vacation bookings through redtag.ca.

Starting January 8, 2019, 12:00 a.m. ET, you will be able to get and use Miles for Package Vacation bookings through redtag.ca.

Yes. With this new partnership, you can get and use Miles on Package Vacation bookings:

Get 1 Mile for every $20 spent on Package Vacations booked through redtag.ca.1

For every 909 Dream Miles used, you will get $100 towards a Package Vacation booking through redtag.ca.

Flexibility to both get and use Miles: use Dream Miles for dollars off online bookings and get Miles on the total value of your booking.

There are thousands of Package Vacations made available by redtag.ca from Canada’s leading travel providers: Air Canada Vacations, WestJet Vacations, Sunquest Vacations, Transat, Porter Escapes and Sunwing Vacations.

If you’re looking to use Miles towards Cruise bookings through redtag.ca, you’ll be able to do that later in 2019!
For more information & FAQs see the AirMiles Website... TRAVEL Section
Last edited by PointsHubby on Dec 31st, 2018 2:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7003 posts
4517 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER # 2

ANNUAL STATUS INFO

0 - 999 AirMiles = Blue
1000+ AirMiles = Gold
6000+ AirMiles = Onyx

Collectors begin each year with the Status that they earned in the Previous Year.

And then work January 1st to December 31st to accumulate miles towards status for the following year

Status is however awarded as soon as it is achieved, and no longer must one wait until January 1st of the following year to access benefits

Example,
Earn 1000 AirMiles by February 2, 2019, and you are Gold from then until December 31, 2020
Earn 6000 AirMiles by October 10, 2019 and you are Onyx from then until December 31, 2020

** NOTE - Onyx Status comes with a NEW set of Black AirMiles Cards, which are mailed out by snail mail and therefore full benefits are not really realized until the plastic cards arrive (as some Retailers do offer perks upon presentation of an Onyx Card)

This change in protocol took effect in the years 2017 & 2018
For more info see:

2018 Gold & Onyx Qualifying Changes (RFD Discussion) = airmiles-announcement-changes-gold-onyx ... g-2150278/
Last edited by PointsHubby on Dec 31st, 2018 12:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7003 posts
4517 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER # 3

EVENTS - CURRENT / ONGOING

2018 SHOP THE BLOCK = November 15th thru December 27th, 2018

www.shoptheblock.ca

And the RFD Discussion thread = https://forums.redflagdeals.com/air-mil ... n-2234901/

This AirMiles BIG BONUS Event has now ended.

Look for outstanding Base Miles & Bonus Miles to POST in the weeks to come
FULL Partners & Retailers have various timeframes in which to Report / POST AirMiles
It varies from 30 Days from the Transaction OR End of the Promotion (December 27, 2018)
Through to 60 Days, 75 Days, 90 Days and even 120 Days

So MISSING MILE MARKERS for STB 2018 will be:
30 Days = January 27th
60 Days = February 25th
75 Days = March 12th
90 Days = March 27th
120 Days = April 27th

Refer to the AirMiles & AirMiles Shops.ca websites for more info on filing Missing Miles Reports

BUT REMEMBER to always begin your Missing Miles Inquiries with the FULL AMs PARTNERS that you bought from first
(Ie AirMiles Shops.ca, Rexall, Shell, Sobey’s etc) as often this will resolve the issue correctly the first time, and on a faster timeline than waiting out the full time lag required before filing a MISSING MILES Inquiry with AirMiles

Especially important too... if the MILES MISSING correspond to an AirMiles BIG BONUS Event where you are counting up completed Offers or Partners

NOTE - BIG BONUS Events in recent times have been POSTING THE BIG BONUSES around the 7 week mark
For STB 2018 that would be
* 2000 STB BAMs for 7 PARTNER COUNTS
* 1000 STB BAMs for 5 PARTNER COUNTS
* 300 STB BAMs for 3 PARTNER COUNTS

IF the timeline holds true for STB 2018 ... we could see those STB BAMs POST around February 14th
A nice Valentines Day Treat ❤️

PAST EVENTS

Airmiles 2018 Pack to School Promotion & Contest (August 9, 2018 - September 9, 2018)

https://packtoschool.airmiles.ca/en/home

RFD Discussions:

HOT DEALS FORUM = AirMiles / AirMiles Shops.ca Get 100 / 300 / 1000 AMs Shopping At 2 / 3 / 5 Stores
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/air-mil ... s-2213165/

CONTEST FORUM = https://forums.redflagdeals.com/2018-09 ... l-2214435/

RFD Members reporting Pack To School Bonuses POSTING as of October 19th

2018 MegaMiles (RFD Discussion) = air-miles-airmiles-megamiles-back-march ... s-2175258/

RFD Members reporting MegaMiles Bonuses POSTING as of May 30th

2017 Shop The Block (RFD Discussion) = air-miles-shop-block-back-nationwide-no ... 7-2141077/

RFD Members Reporting Shop The Block Bonuses POSTING as of February 2, 2018

Last edited by PointsHubby on Dec 31st, 2018 2:36 am, edited 15 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7003 posts
4517 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER # 4

HELPFUL LINKS

AirMiles Website = www.airmiles.ca

Last year’s RFD Thread
AirMiles 2018 (General Discussion) thread = airmiles-2018-general-discussion-2159478/

RFD 2018 Gift Cards Deals & Discounts thread = various-retailers-gift-card-deals-disco ... #p30349948

* Scroll down to the section on Active Timed AirMiles Bonuses

AirMiles FULL Partners (In Store Listing) = https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/SponsorDi ... eaturedTop

* Set to your own Province / Territory or Region

AirMiles Shops.ca Retailer Directory = https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/directory#shops

* Hover over logoes to see STORE INFO... and click thru to discover the Terms & Conditions for each Retailer providing AirMiles thru AirMiles Shops.ca

Last edited by PointsHubby on Dec 31st, 2018 3:28 am, edited 9 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7003 posts
4517 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER # 5

PAST FRONT PAGE POSTS
Last edited by PointsHubby on Jan 12th, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7003 posts
4517 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
I’ll start...

LAST YEAR (2018) IN REVIEW

I began 2018 as an Onyx Member
I end 2018 as an Onyx Member
And have earned back my Onyx Status for 2019 by accumulating over 6000 AMs in 2018

In total, we earned just over 12,000 AMs in 2018. Of which over 600 are still outstanding (mostly from Oynx Promotions we opted into during Fall 2018).

We reached our necessary 6000 Onyx Mile Marker back in Mid June... the earliest ever for us. We in past years have found ourselves scrambling for about 1000 Miles in the last yearly quarter.

We attribute our quicker earn / requalification to more dedicated focus on the Annual AirMiles BIG BONUS Events the past year.

With more than half of that 6000 AMs coming in Q1 & Q2 with
Shop The Block 2017 = 2000 BIG BONUS Miles ... POSTED February 2018
And
MegaMiles 2018 = 1250 BIG BONUS Miles ... POSTED June 2018

The remaining 2750 Miles for Onyx Status, as well as a large number of the overall 12,000 this year coming in from the likes of AMs Credit Cards, AirMilesShops.ca Multipliers, Onyx Challenges, and other events and promotions like the Little Book of Bonuses, Autumn Hub, Sobey’s Blue Friday etc

Plus, another 1000 BIG BONUS Miles from the Pack to School Event ... POSTED October 2018

As always, RFD is about sharing info. I could not do it without everyone else in this community. So THANKS to everyone for your help & encouragement

And a big shout out to @trystee who puts so much time & effort into various topics over on the RFD HOT DEALS FORUM

Including the one on Gift Cards Promos & Bonuses
And the annual ones for Shop The Block & MegaMiles

As always,

Smiling Face With Sunglasses HAPPY COLLECTING
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1717 posts
879 upvotes
montreal
FYI.
OP is talking about 2018 instead of 2019.
Probably cut n paste.

Thanks for the info...
Will follow the thread.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7003 posts
4517 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
superbigjay wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 11:12 am
FYI.
OP is talking about 2018 instead of 2019.
Probably cut n paste.

Thanks for the info...
Will follow the thread.
Lol, true
The NEW AirMiles General Discussion Thread each year starts off like this
With a PERSONAL REVIEW of how we each did in the previous year
And what can be garnered from that going forward
Simple fact..
Ya gotta know your standing at the end of 2018
To understand your AirMiles Status to begin 2019

Total 2019 ... any thoughts on the NEW AirMiles TRAVEL Agreement with RedTag.ca vs the Transat Travel Distribution Group ?

Personally I think it a good thing
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Dec 14, 2017
57 posts
54 upvotes
I joined Air Miles in September 2018 when I started looking into points accumulation / churning. I never knew you could accumulate Air Miles (or Aeroplan) points via online shops and if I had I would have joined a long time ago.

I finished the year completing my first STB event with 10 partner offers completed and in total accumulated 1036 AM (264 cash / 774 dream) that have been posted so far. I've received the BAM's for 6 of the 10 partners (still waiting for AMS, Global Pet Foods, Hudson's Bay, and Miss Fresh.) Completed and collected offers were from Budget, Shell, LCBO, SamsungPay, Rexall, and UrbanFRESH. I also convinced my GF to join and she was able to complete 7 offers as well.

I'm trying to keep track of everything on a Spreadsheet but will have to tweak it in 2019 to keep better track (I will give the suggested columns from PointsHubby a try.)

Looking forward to 2019 and reaching Onyx.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1739 posts
610 upvotes
Anyone know what this 25 BAM is from? I only bought a $7 lotto ticket.

shell.jpg
Dec 14, 2017
57 posts
54 upvotes
Question: Do BAM's from credit card sign-up's count towards gold or onyx status? I believe I read somewhere that these BAM's DO NOT count towards status but can't quickly find confirmation.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1717 posts
879 upvotes
montreal
wazzie19 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 1:39 pm
Question: Do BAM's from credit card sign-up's count towards gold or onyx status? I believe I read somewhere that these BAM's DO NOT count towards status but can't quickly find confirmation.
It is supposed to count.
I dont remember seeing anything that said otherwise?
Feb 11, 2015
79 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wazzie19 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 1:39 pm
Yes they do, only reason why I got Onyx during 2018 was the BMO 3000 BAMs for WE signup.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)