Tags:
None
22 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1598 posts
1609 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Can't you just copy-paste the link for the item?
Or is it fully "blocked" from view once you're on an account that can afford it?

I have always hated Air Miles and their hoops they make you jump through. This really doesn't surprise me.
Mar 27, 2007
534 posts
40 upvotes
Okanagan
Infuriating!

Does 'personalize' mean they're taking away things similar to what we've bought before or excluding them. I liked the gift cards but don't see them anymore.

I used to make an effort to shop at an Airmiles store, if it had the same goods as another. No more.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
perhaps this should be moved to Scammers and Warnings :(
there's quite an uproar about it on twitter, i don't know about now but earlier Air Miles was trending and full of complaints, that may get their attention.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28624 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know where to find a dummy air miles collector number, that I can use to check what rewards are being offered that I can't see? I have 1,644 miles that I'm looking to cash out, but naturally all the merch that I can see is complete crap.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
Kiraly wrote: Anyone know where to find a dummy air miles collector number, that I can use to check what rewards are being offered that I can't see? I have 1,644 miles that I'm looking to cash out, but naturally all the merch that I can see is complete crap.
good idea. i have about the same number as you, but could borrow one from a family member with far less miles. so, if i find something good on theirs i just do a search for that item on mine where they don't show it (if you follow me)?
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28624 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeah, but the item you find and want likely won't show up when you log in with your account with the higher number of points. Apparently you can call Air Miles up on the phone, tell them the item you want, and insist they redeem your miles for it. It requires some arguing, asking for supervisors, and more arguing, and several hours of waiting on hold, but has apparently been successful for some.

Might not happen anyway—the air miles web site has been down for several hours with an "internal server error". I wonder if they have just gone belly-up and it's all over.
Jul 24, 2010
97 posts
25 upvotes
Air Miles have a 10 digit number, and I believe the last digit is a check-sum.

Try Laurent #85001231238, has no Air Miles:
However, it looks like my rewards are now the same as Laurent, which wasn't the case yesterday.

It someone has an Reward that you can't access.
Log-on to the dummy account, add the item to the cart, you will then be asked to enter a your card number and your PIN.
Proceed to check-out, and you might be able to complete the purchase without waiting hours phoning customer support. (I haven't tried this yet)
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28624 upvotes
Vancouver
Are you actually able to get to airmiles.ca? For me it has been resolving to "Internal Server Error" for about the last 3 hours.
Dec 15, 2014
183 posts
33 upvotes
Brampton, ON
jackrabbit000 wrote: I just got in there a few minutes ago.

Here's one that just burns my azz and fits my thread title 1001%. I've been checking my account just about everyday to see what I can redeem for. I just bought a Stihl FS56 RC-E gas trimmer on Friday afternoon for $259 using my Amex AM credit card. About 10 mins ago I log into my account and what do I see? A Stihl FS56 C-E Kombi trimmer with 2 trimmer attachments listed for 5100 AM. It's worth $499 in the store. You guessed it, now that I have one they put one on my account. Unbelievable!
Use air miles to get this trimmer and return the one you purchased.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
I redeemed 99% of my dream miles 2 years ago. The item I wanted to redeem basically kept appear and disappear in 2 weeks to 1 month time period. Basically if you ever click on any item you may want to redeem, it will end up in same situation. What I suggest everyone is having a dummy airmiles card number, check the available rewards from the dummy card instead of using your real AM account to check the available rewards. When AM switches to Dream+Cash reward, it became a b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t reward program. Since then, I wasn't actively accumulated AM anymore. If I can use other program, I would rather use other one.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3909 posts
2338 upvotes
Ottawa
jackrabbit000 wrote: There'a a gift card on my account tonight for Safeway, Sobeys, IGA etc. $100 gift card for 50 reward miles +$95. How stupid do they think we are?
For some people that do decide to do that, it's not them being stupid, just a way to try and burn off whatever AM they have remaining.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
You guys remember Safeway E-Auction thing? Wasn't it last year in August? Are they doing that again, this year? Anyone have information? Or was it not in August?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
jackrabbit000 wrote: There'a a gift card on my account tonight for Safeway, Sobeys, IGA etc. $100 gift card for 50 reward miles +$95. How stupid do they think we are?
They are offering me that same gift card for 0 air miles + $95.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2002
3178 posts
423 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: I just got in there a few minutes ago.

Here's one that just burns my azz and fits my thread title 1001%. I've been checking my account just about everyday to see what I can redeem for. I just bought a Stihl FS56 RC-E gas trimmer on Friday afternoon for $259 using my Amex AM credit card. About 10 mins ago I log into my account and what do I see? A Stihl FS56 C-E Kombi trimmer with 2 trimmer attachments listed for 5100 AM. It's worth $499 in the store. You guessed it, now that I have one they put one on my account. Unbelievable!
Did you buy the trimmer from Airmiles at $259? If not, how do they know what you bought with your amex card?
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28624 upvotes
Vancouver
kareshi wrote: Did you buy the trimmer from Airmiles at $259? If not, how do they know what you bought with your amex card?
He said it was an Air Miles Amex card. I'm sure Air Miles knows everything he buys with it. I wouldn't be surprised if he returns what he bought, Air Miles will know about that too and the item will then disappear from his rewards choices. If I were him I'd redeem his miles for the item first, then return what he already bought.
Feb 29, 2008
407 posts
192 upvotes
GTA
i was looking to redeem my miles for fitbit which later disappeared. Can someone post a link if it is still there?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
fuzzy2k3 wrote: i was looking to redeem my miles for fitbit which later disappeared. Can someone post a link if it is still there?
I see 4 fitbit items.

Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker - Small - Plum - 1800 air miles
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsPr ... rod2535108

Fitbit ChargeHR Wireless Activity Tracker - Small - Plum - 2100 air miles
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsPr ... rod2464992

Fitbit Blaze Fitness Watch - Large - Black - 2800 air miles
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsPr ... rod2505664

Fitbit ChargeHR Wireless Activity Tracker - Large - Black - 2100 air miles
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsPr ... rod2384933
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
I tried all 4 of your links and got "We're sorry" pages.
Phils

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)