Black Friday & Cyber Monday Discussion 2019

Airpods Pro - Did you get them, first impressions?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2019 5:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1335 posts
321 upvotes

Airpods Pro - Did you get them, first impressions?

I had the first generation airpods and liked them but they never fit me that well, small ear canals I guess. When I worked out I was always pushing them back and and my ear would get sore. Eventually sold them and took the $75 hit and vowed to consider trying again if they fix the problem. Got the 10% off coupon to work on them for Staples, they came next day and I am really enjoying them. I just hope the battery remains 'usable' for at least 3 years. I use the small silicone ear piece and the sound is really good. Comfort is nice and I like the shorter stem. The squeeze thing is not all that great because I find it move them around about as much as the old tap but I use voice commands mostly. Tip for those fumbling with taking them out of the case, you need to sort of put your finger behind each bud and roll it forward, I saw it on a video and prior to seeing it I was thinking I would drop them often while transferring out of the case. Another great but expensive Apple product.
2 replies
Dec 11, 2011
134 posts
165 upvotes
CALEDON
I have the Jaybird X4's. They are starting to fall apart now after 2 years which I expect since they are put through hell with everything I do. I do however love their sound quality and durability.

Shall I spend 329+ tax on AirPod Pros or 119+tax on a new pair of X4's. It's hard to think the Air Pods are 3 times better then anything... or would you disagree with that?
Jun 4, 2008
35 posts
1 upvote
I came from Jaybird freedom 1, 2, was thinking about go to X4 or even Vista, now I got the Airpods Pro today, first impression is they keep falling out of my ear....trying the bigger tip see if it can somehow stays...not exactly a great product for doing sports or intensive training but if you mostly stay in the office and just walkiing around its fine. or maybe its just my ear. Another product stays put in my ear is Bose Sounds Sports but I still like the foam tip from Jaybird they are tight and snuggy.