Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Al Flaherty's Outdoor Store

Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport II AR-15 .223 cal $ 699.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2017 9:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
JustinS6 wrote: I own this rifle, I have nothing but good things to say. The price is amazing too, makes the Norinco versions pointless.
You can always add a bayonet to fix that issue.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1256 posts
1871 upvotes
@home
I am looking for an AR

But,

I won't be buying this one because the last time I went to Flaherty's, I walked in there to buy a gun, walked out with nothing because the service was absolute garbage
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2397 posts
2724 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: And here's stupid expensive (compared to this)
https://albertatacticalrifle.com/modern-hunter
ATRS knows the premium market is very limited in Canada and obviously the pool is getting smaller and smaller with our current economy which is why they are now thinking to come out with a cheaper version of MV. They can see the current order volum is shrinking because why else should they even consider the cheaper version. The price of their rifle will always go down over time... Once those who are willing to spend $3k-$5k for a NR rifle runs out ...they will start finding ways to sell the same rifle for $2k-$3k. Just like what Glock and S&W and PSA is doing right now lowering the MSRP....they still make profits....just not as much as they would like.
Aug 8, 2004
346 posts
63 upvotes
GVRD
Is it worth the price premium to get a Ruger AR 556 ? That has a better 1 in 8 twist, dust cover, and a forward assist. $950 ish.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2397 posts
2724 upvotes
yeedub wrote: Is it worth the price premium to get a Ruger AR 556 ? That has a better 1 in 8 twist, dust cover, and a forward assist. $950 ish.
According to the online reviews....and for close to $250 more?....probably not.

The sports 2 has dust cover, and a forward assist as well...just the twist rate is 1 in 9
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5156 posts
1315 upvotes
London
yeedub wrote: Is it worth the price premium to get a Ruger AR 556 ? That has a better 1 in 8 twist, dust cover, and a forward assist. $950 ish.
This one is the Sport II model so it does have the dust cover and forward assist. Forward assist is kind of useless either way. I don't think I've ever used it once.

The Ruger AR 556 also doesn't have the rear MBUS flip up sight. Also one feature that's different is it doesn't have the standard spring delta ring and has some plastic screw on delta ring that's known to crack easily. The M&P 15 is better value.
Last edited by spham on Apr 30th, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 8, 2004
346 posts
63 upvotes
GVRD
Thank you that was very informative. Really thinking of picking up my first rifle for target shooting and the price is great. I live in BC, there's no issues shipping a big restricted firearm right ?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
yeedub wrote: Thank you that was very informative. Really thinking of picking up my first rifle for target shooting and the price is great. I live in BC, there's no issues shipping a big restricted firearm right ?
No issues. BC is friendly province for firearms. Lots of shops and quite a few ranges, plus you can go to Washington too.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Looks cool and I like it, but I would rather something older like this.
Hard hitting 303 and fairly accurate up to a 1000 yards even without a scope.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver
R35gtr wrote: I ended up getting my standard pal and not even worrying about getting my restricted. It's more time, more money ... I'm in the process of buying an iwi x95
LOL ... your RPAL would have costed you just a little bit more (probably at most $100 extra), but you're willing to drop at least $2500 for the IWI ...
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2397 posts
2724 upvotes
charlesd79 wrote: LOL ... your RPAL would have costed you just a little bit more (probably at most $100 extra), but you're willing to drop at least $2500 for the IWI ...
The price is atleast $2600 + tax for x95 everywhere.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
betamaxman wrote: Looks cool and I like it, but I would rather something older like this.
Are you one of the guys that shoots into space with the 303 , it sure sounds like you would be one of them fellas ? You must also heave great vision to see targets at 1000yds and further more be able to hold for drop and windage ...true Bob Lee Swagger I tell ya.
Aug 13, 2006
478 posts
257 upvotes
Don't forget that depending on what province you are in. You might need to show proof of a range membership before they will sell you any restricted firearms. Fortunately, in Ontario - this is not the case.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
katwittfan wrote: Hot price for an AR-15. The website shows "SOLD OUT" however they are taking pre-orders with down payments and then they will order in the appropriate amount of rifles. It would be best to call or email them and for you fine folks in Toronto just head down and see them. A note for the anti's..... Please spare the thread your rants and anger and save it for the editorial section of your local fishwrap. This is a hot deal on the RED FLAG DEALS website. The folks at Al's are great to deal with. 1-888-651-6436

They can also be preordered here... http://www.dantesports.com/en/shop/smit ... -sport-ii/ for a little cheaper at $677.77
slayerwulf wrote: I was eyeing that but ended up ordering this

http://www.irunguns.com/product.psa-16- ... th-carbine

Worked out to about $680 cad after conversion/tax/shipping.
Hot price!

Damn, I wish I saw this before I bought the Dominion Arms 556 for about the same price :/ Anyone wanna trade? LOL.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
betamaxman wrote: Looks cool and I like it, but I would rather something older like this.
Nope. Expect about 40 feet of drop at 1000 yards. And you wouldn't be able to see your target through the sights, since you won't have enough elevation adjustment. You'd have to hold over the target, which is a pretty inaccurate practice.

The term "fairly accurate" is completely subjective, and can mean whatever you want, but you'll get far less accuracy out of an Enfield than almost any modern hunting rifle with common .30 cal cartridges. (308, 30-06, 300 win mag, etc.) It's also less hard-hitting than those carts.

The only thing those are good for is nostalgia or a very cheap hunting rifle.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
dilligafeh wrote: Are you one of the guys that shoots into space with the 303 , it sure sounds like you would be one of them fellas ? You must also heave great vision to see targets at 1000yds and further more be able to hold for drop and windage ...true Bob Lee Swagger I tell ya.
Not unusual for a good shooter to have an 8" or smaller grouping at 1000 yards with one of these, knew lots world war 2 vets who could routinely do so. Don't know about you but I think that's pretty good shooting, but ya sure space hear it's really cool out there. cheers
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1076 posts
1290 upvotes
NB
dilligafeh wrote: Are you one of the guys that shoots into space with the 303 , it sure sounds like you would be one of them fellas ? You must also heave great vision to see targets at 1000yds and further more be able to hold for drop and windage ...true Bob Lee Swagger I tell ya.
The intended use of that specific firearm at 1000yds was engaging targets such as an approaching infantry platoon. It served its purpose 100 years ago.
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
betamaxman wrote: Not unusual for a good shooter to have an 8" or smaller grouping at 1000 yards with one of these, knew lots world war 2 vets who could routinely do so. Don't know about you but I think that's pretty good shooting, but ya sure space hear it's really cool out there. cheers
Do you have any proof of this total bullshit?

Each 1mph of crosswind will blow a 7.62 shot at 1000 yards 5.4". (175 grain bullet.) A weaker cartridge like the .303 British will be subject to even more. In other words, misjudging the wind change by just 1.5mph will mean a group larger than 8". And that's with a perfect shooter and a perfect gun, neither of which exist.

http://www.allaboutenfields.co.nz/links ... -interest/

This link shows that most Enfields were 4moa guns, and to get get 8" at a 1000 yards you need about a 0.8moa gun. Since only 2% of them were good enough for 2moa, there's simply no way that 0.8moa guns were the slightest bit common. And that doesn't even consider the inaccuracies that the shooter introduces.

The author of the article says that after a lot of work on his rifle, it's a reliable 2moa gun and the BEST it's ever done is 0.875" at 100m. And for any gun, the best group is luck.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/shooting- ... on-sights/

And you're claiming this without a scope. Here's a competition shooter with a competition open sight standing next to her 600 yard target. Looks like she put 4 out of 10 shots into the 6" circle. Hitting that 6" circle at 600 yards is easier than hitting an 8" circle at a thousand. You're saying that she could have done better with an Enfield? I'm laughing so hard, I'm gonna pee my pants.

I don't even know why I'd ask for proof. Your claims are ridiculous and you should be embarrassed.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
-=MK=- wrote: Don't forget that depending on what province you are in. You might need to show proof of a range membership before they will sell you any restricted firearms. Fortunately, in Ontario - this is not the case.
Didn't that last major bill fix this nationally so you don't need a range membership?
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)