37 upvotes
mississauga

Smith & Wesson SD9 VE 9mm SALE $319.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$319.99
Retailer:
Al Flaherty's
I think this is a solid deal for all my legal firearms friends out there.

Smith & Wesson SD9 VE 9mm handgun for sale at $319.99!

Next cheapest I've found was at Firearms Outlet Canada for $375.99 with 50 rounds & free shipping, however it is currently OOS:

FireArms Outlet Canada

What do you guys think? Reviews are excellent so I've "pulled the trigger" on this and ordered it from Al's with local pickup.

They tell me for Ontario the wait time is 2-6 weeks for the ATT, because.... well it's Ontario!

Friend of mine in NB has one and swears it the best "Bang for your buck". Here's some pics he sent:
IMG_2266.JPG
IMG_2267.JPG
IMG_2268.JPG
Keep in mind this is a Glock 17 clone but it's Smith and Wesson so it's well worth the money. Comes with two mags and a lock I believe. You need a hard case for transport. Any questions just call Al's. The staff over there is super friendly!

Also there is an APEX trigger kit and some sight upgrades but I feel that may not be necessary.
Last edited by shannoniyer on Sep 21st, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
51 replies
Sep 29, 2008
769 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
shannoniyer wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 2:12 pm
I think this is a solid deal for all my legal firearms friends out there.

Smith & Wesson SD9 VE 9mm handgun for sale at $319.99!

Next cheapest I've found was at Firearms Outlet Canada for $375.99 with 50 rounds & free shipping, however it is currently OOS:

FireArms Outlet Canada

What do you guys think? Reviews are excellent so I've "pulled the trigger" on this and ordered it from Al's with local pickup.

They tell me for Ontario the wait time is 2-6 weeks for the ATT, because.... well it's Ontario!

Friend of mine in NB has one and swears it the best "Bang for your buck". Here's some pics he sent:

IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2267.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

Keep in mind this is a Glock 17 clone but it's Smith and Wesson so it's well worth the money. Comes with two clips and a lock I believe. You need a hard case for transport. Any questions just call Al's. The staff over there is super friendly!

Also there is an APEX trigger kit and some sight upgrades but I feel that may not be necessary.
Comes in the hard plastic case as well. It's a great beginner 9mm especially at this price (also great to learn trigger upgrades and do the mod yourself). Used goes for higher than this, so definitely a great deal!

My last restricted transfer (about a month ago) took just over 3 weeks to complete.

Pro tip: call Al's after they've initiated the transfer and ask for the reference number. Then you can call the CFO and if you're nice and get a friendly rep, they may push it through for you faster. No harm in trying.
Oct 31, 2014
245 posts
117 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I didnt realise centerfire pistols were getting that cheap, seems like a pretty hot deal to me! Too bad it doesn't come with/accept glock mags :(
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1257 posts
135 upvotes
BC
Cheap price, but don't buy it on price alone.......what do you want it for exactly?

If for making noise and shooting loose groups into paper, great value.

If considering any competition and such for fun, IPSC or IDPA, probably better value in a MP9 Range Kit, which includes some extras you need.

If just for cool inexpensive gun by reputable manufacture vs buying Chinese at this price point, also great value.
CHIA
Nov 20, 2016
94 posts
82 upvotes
Tenda had it for $299 with free shipping last year. $319 is a very good price. Alot of value for the money, overall quality is good, but worst trigger I've ever pulled, a spare gun at best. Used glock Gen 4 when Gen 5 comes out for $500-$600 could be a better option.
[OP]
Apr 2, 2009
146 posts
37 upvotes
mississauga
CHIA wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 2:45 pm
Cheap price, but don't buy it on price alone.......what do you want it for exactly?

If for making noise and shooting loose groups into paper, great value.

If considering any competition and such for fun, IPSC or IDPA, probably better value in a MP9 Range Kit, which includes some extras you need.

If just for cool inexpensive gun by reputable manufacture vs buying Chinese at this price point, also great value.

Makes sense to me. I purchased this one for the awesome price and because it would be my first handgun. I've shot a lot of them but this is the first one I'll have owned.

Plus I'm a lefty, and I've heard this is good for people like me.

Gonna take it to the range when I get it. Can't wait.
[OP]
Apr 2, 2009
146 posts
37 upvotes
mississauga
Thanks for the tip. I'll call in a few days. I'm surprised the man didn't offer it when I called but what are you going to do....
Aug 3, 2005
84 posts
60 upvotes
x
shannoniyer wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 2:12 pm
Comes with two magazines and a lock I believe.
Fixed that for you ... sorry, couldn't resist!
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14399 posts
1049 upvotes
Toronto
Serious and may be dumb question but will you be added to some CSIS/RCMP list if you buy this?
May 26, 2005
499 posts
96 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 4:10 pm
Serious and may be dumb question but will you be added to some CSIS/RCMP list if you buy this?
You're already on a CSIS/RCMP list if you have a PAL/RPAL (firearms license/restricted firearms license) which you need before purchasing.
[OP]
Apr 2, 2009
146 posts
37 upvotes
mississauga
Aww man thanks! Super embarrassing....
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1257 posts
135 upvotes
BC
shannoniyer wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 3:02 pm
Makes sense to me. I purchased this one for the awesome price and because it would be my first handgun. I've shot a lot of them but this is the first one I'll have owned.

Plus I'm a lefty, and I've heard this is good for people like me.

Gonna take it to the range when I get it. Can't wait.
Well, when you buy it for that cheap, you can't lose too much on resale which is a bonus!
CHIA
Nov 20, 2016
94 posts
82 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 4:10 pm
Yes. CPIC (police information database) is checked daily against list of firearm owners - for life. You would definitely be on that list.
Aug 12, 2010
234 posts
53 upvotes
NCR - RCN
Nice find OP..

I always laugh when I see actual firearms cheaper than their Airsoft equivalent :)
Total $ spent because of RFD... $15,277.42
Total $ saved because of RFD... $7471.93

Not paying 'retail' for anything: Priceless