Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Al Flaherty's

Smith & Wesson SD9 VE 9mm SALE $319.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2017 5:35 pm
Aug 13, 2006
478 posts
257 upvotes
amkorp wrote: So there is DEFINITELY a point to own guns like this, since we have the option to drop in at some ranges to shoot them.
What range GTA allows you to walk in with your own hand gun and ammo and shoot as a guest? I'd love to find one.
Oct 24, 2001
562 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
amkorp wrote: Comes in the hard plastic case as well.

Where are you seeing hard plastic case??
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1389 posts
1533 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
johnyc wrote: Where are you seeing hard plastic case??
Sorry you're right this one came in a cardboard box. My mistake confused it with my m&p45 2.0.
Apr 2, 2009
238 posts
94 upvotes
mississauga
amkorp wrote:
There are drop in spots that allow you to pay a fee

TBH the lowest cost membership close to the GTA is about $150 per year plus a $35 fee for each time you visit (monday to friday only - no weekends).
What's the name of this club/range that charges $150 a year plus $35 a visit? That's not even bad please let me know when you can. Most if not all of the ones in the GTA are full.
Oct 31, 2014
506 posts
467 upvotes
Victoria, BC
shannoniyer wrote: What's the name of this club/range that charges $150 a year plus $35 a visit? That's not even bad please let me know when you can. Most if not all of the ones in the GTA are full.
That's not bad? Brutal.
My range membership is like 180, I could literally go every day, including the archery and trap/5stand ranges...
Remind me not to move back east.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1389 posts
1533 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
shannoniyer wrote: What's the name of this club/range that charges $150 a year plus $35 a visit? That's not even bad please let me know when you can. Most if not all of the ones in the GTA are full.
Target sport Canada. Its their associates membership. You can only go on weekdays though since weekend access isn't on that level of membership.
Apr 2, 2009
238 posts
94 upvotes
mississauga
smallwavesteve wrote: That's not bad? Brutal.
My range membership is like 180, I could literally go every day, including the archery and trap/5stand ranges...
amkorp wrote: Target sport Canada. Its their associates membership. You can only go on weekdays though since weekend access isn't on that level of membership.
There's a place called Urban Tactical that quoted me $450 plus tax for a year. No lie they were serious.

Yeah I know about Target but I didn't know their memberships were that low, consider their ammo prices. Only problem is I can't consider Stouffville part of GTA it's soo far lol!
Aug 28, 2016
313 posts
552 upvotes
Want one so bad, unfortunately the restricted rules surrounding handguns kill it for me. Would rather just buy an illegal one, if the penalty wasn’t so bad. At least for black rifles there are some legal ways around that nonsense, albeit expensive, but legal.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5156 posts
1315 upvotes
London
smallwavesteve wrote: That's not bad? Brutal.
Yeah, that's ridiculous to have to pay $35 per visit on top of membership fees. It's $220 for a full year membership here in London and I can go as much as I want.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1389 posts
1533 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
shannoniyer wrote: There's a place called Urban Tactical that quoted me $450 plus tax for a year. No lie they were serious.

Yeah I know about Target but I didn't know their memberships were that low, consider their ammo prices. Only problem is I can't consider Stouffville part of GTA it's soo far lol!
Urban tactical is in Brantford. Even farther away.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Damn. And I thought $300 for a membership is expensive for a local indoor range in GVA. At least we have cheaper and better options outside the lower mainland.
Dec 3, 2015
88 posts
116 upvotes
Canoe, BC
bomber17 wrote: Damn. And I thought $300 for a membership is expensive for a local indoor range in GVA. At least we have cheaper and better options outside the lower mainland.
Not to brag...okay brag a little bit Smiling Face With Open Mouth Small community out west in the mountains. My acreage is on the same mountain as our 160 acre range...so a 5 minute drive if I don't want to shoot on my own property or if I want to shoot restricteds (don't get me started on how stupid that rule is when the only thing separating legal restricted use and non-legal use is an imaginary line...we don't even have a fence between LOL).

3D archery range, bench and standing pistol bays, 300m range, trap range with 4 houses/duck tower. Open 7am to 10pm every day! AND wait for it....wait for it...$85 a year! Woohoo. Also if you are lucky like me who gets to shoot during the day midweek, it is basically your own private range most times. Even on busy times (relative) I have never known anyone having to wait for a spot.

Move out here and enjoy the wide open ranges...no...wait a minute...scratch that LOL.
Apr 2, 2009
238 posts
94 upvotes
mississauga
Yep, but it's a closer for me. That's why I was hoping for the GTA. Thanks for the information though. Stouffville is a way better option for me pricewise and is actually where I got my license.

Do you shoot there? Anything I should know??
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1389 posts
1533 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
shannoniyer wrote: Yep, but it's a closer for me. That's why I was hoping for the GTA. Thanks for the information though. Stouffville is a way better option for me pricewise and is actually where I got my license.

Do you shoot there? Anything I should know??
Funny thing, I actually don't have a membership at any range. I go with my brother (who's a member at target sports) on occasion. I go shooting maybe once every few months. If you're an occasional shooter the associate's membership probably is your best bet. As long as weekdays only works for you (less busy anyways).
Nov 8, 2009
165 posts
125 upvotes
Burlington
Can' make up my mind on this or MP9...

can someone comment ?
May 27, 2009
97 posts
41 upvotes
leakeyweb wrote: Can' make up my mind on this or MP9...

can someone comment ?
It depends what you're going for. Both were designed as defensive firearms, and for a first-time gun, either will work well. They're reliable and great to learn with. Keep in mind that the Apex trigger kit is a must for the SD9VE, though, and will add $40 to the price tag.

For a target pistol, though, there are better options. These S&W options are meant to be "accurate enough" within 10-15 yards. At longer distances (say, 25 yards) the groupings open up to 3-5 inches (or more!) with the stock barrel.

I'd personally recommend a PPX for a more versatile gun. They're not pretty by any means, but are decently accurate at longer ranges.
Apr 28, 2011
287 posts
150 upvotes
Vancouver
I haven't tried this particular firearm but I've tried the m&p 9 2.0 , glock 17 and sp01 shadow. I liked the mp9 and would have definitely bought it if I had not found a good deal on a shadow .
Sep 6, 2011
666 posts
219 upvotes
Oakville
don't have gun license yet, can I buy it first? will the store allow me to pick up?
Dec 3, 2015
88 posts
116 upvotes
Canoe, BC
Ummmm....no (unless you want them to hold onto your money for the many months it takes you to get a license)...and no you won't be able to pick up without said license and the blessing from the RCMP and CFO.