Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
1928 posts
437 upvotes

[Walmart] Alamo $10.00/day US Weekend Rental

I got this today from Alamo and is a good deal if heading to the US for the weekend and need a car rental. It's $10.00 a day for any size car from economy to premium. It's under the Hot Deals Tab.

http://www.alamo.com/

Here's a tip! If you change the ID from 7014691 to the Walmart Code 428448 you will get the free additional driver included for the same price which is normally $10/day extra if you required it.
36 replies
Dec 23, 2008
9 posts
1 upvote
When trying to choose dates for a rental weekend, it gives me an error:

"The entered Corporate ID, Association ID, or Contract ID is invalid"

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1656 posts
102 upvotes

Terms and Conditions
Valid at participating US locations from 1/8/09 through 5/31/09 for rentals of an economy through premium size cars. 24-hour advance reservation required. Minimum one day/maximum four day rental required. Non-participating locations include, but are not limited to Denver, Aspen and the New York Metro area. Cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotional rates. Availability is limited and blackout dates may apply. Weekend rate available 9:00 AM Thursday; vehicle must be returned by pick up time on Monday or higher daily rates apply. Rental must include a Saturday overnight stay. Taxes, other governmentally-authorized or imposed surcharges, vehicle license recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees (of up to US $4.50 per day or US $15 per rental), fuel, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge and optional items (such as CDW Waiver Savers
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
1504 posts
134 upvotes
Montreal
Looked for a few dates but did not get the 10$ a day...
Feb 11, 2005
333 posts
15 upvotes
THANKS OP!!!

This is Awesome! I just got a weekend rental for San Diego Airport from May 1-4 for $36 bucks after tax!! You could even choose any size vehicle for the same price, but I ended up choosing a midsize b/c of gas prices!!

Hope other people can get in on this!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2181 posts
113 upvotes
Thanks, OP! I reserved for the Easter w/e a Premium Car.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2876 posts
323 upvotes
Had my first Alamo experience in OCT...was quite pleased...they were the only Rental Company that let me Pickup in Vancouver, and drop off in Seattle, without charging me a whole pile extra to not return to same place as pickup...
Also, I originally reserved for a "G6 or similar" and was upgraded to a Malibu for free...
Very positive experience with them!!!
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1049 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Does not apply to Vegas, at least not next weekend (during CES) :(
Mar 23, 2008
92 posts
8 upvotes
wysiwyg wrote:
Jan 4th, 2009 6:42 pm
Does not apply to Vegas, at least not next weekend (during CES) :(
Try Hotwire for Vegas. I used it a couple of weeks ago, We got our car for around $9 a day. Free parking at all hotel, Valet park, give them a buck or two when you want your car.

http://www.hotwire.com/car/index.jsp

P
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7756 posts
3652 upvotes
Peanut2004 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2009 10:41 pm
Try Hotwire for Vegas. I used it a couple of weeks ago, We got our car for around $9 a day. Free parking at all hotel, Valet park, give them a buck or two when you want your car.

http://www.hotwire.com/car/index.jsp

P
You are in LV, not in Mexico/Cuba/DR :D
Oct 19, 2002
553 posts
Vancouver
how did you guys get the $10/day deal? I just tried and I can only get the $10/day IF I choose USA as country of residence. If I choose Canada, it won't give me those prices. Does it matter if I leave it as US?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
1928 posts
437 upvotes
AdidasROXX wrote:
Jan 5th, 2009 12:30 am
how did you guys get the $10/day deal? I just tried and I can only get the $10/day IF I choose USA as country of residence. If I choose Canada, it won't give me those prices. Does it matter if I leave it as US?
It doesn't matter just leave the country as US since you are paying in US Dollars for the rental.
Feb 21, 2004
809 posts
65 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks OP! Booked 3 days in Las Vegas for 58.50 (all in).
Jan 16, 2007
466 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
THx OP

Just booked 3 days for a Premium car at Disney Orlando for $43 US total.
× < >