• Jun 21st, 2009 2:57 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 20, 2009
265 posts
26 upvotes

Alamo RAC - Need info on "Contract ID" code

This is a bit of a longshot but I have booked a vehicle in Vegas this coming Sept and was given a promo code and Contract ID for a fantastic deal.
I have found that the coupon code is for a free upgrade but the origin of the contract ID remains a mystery.

In short, when I pick up the car I don't want to be in trouble for trying to use a "code" that I am not entitled to.

I am looking to see if anyone out there works for Alamo or has a "friend" that can check this out.

Contract I.D. 7012298 and coupon code AU2729MJW
35 replies
Dec 16, 2006
636 posts
4 upvotes
Wow, that saved me US$ 55 for a 5 day rental for the summer. Keep an eye on those forum chatter on trip advisor since a few people are using the code earlier than us. If you see anything, please post here or PM me, I will do the same. Looking at other Alamo codes, it is similar to Amex and Mastercard codes. Thanks for the post.
STERCUS ACCIDIT :cheesygri
Dec 17, 2008
200 posts
31 upvotes
ID# and Corporate Codes

ID# 7014730
For last-minute (up to 14 days in advance) rates, you can try ID# IG. This is an ongoing last-minute Internet promotion at Alamo and is not always available for every destination.

Wal-Mart Customers (i.e. anyone) can get up to 20% off rentals at Alamo. Use ID# 430710.
Another Wal-Mart code: Use ID# 428448 at Alamo. "the Wal-Mart codes for Alamo include a free additional driver."

MasterCard cardholders get up to 20% off rentals at Alamo. Use ID# 7012032. You must use your MasterCard to rent the car.

Military discounts - ID# M1 is for active duty military personnel traveling for leisure and ID# RM is for retired military personnel. Both rates include an additional driver. A military ID card must be presented when you pick up the car.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2009
265 posts
26 upvotes
tataynik wrote:
Apr 24th, 2009 1:47 am
Wow, that saved me US$ 55 for a 5 day rental for the summer. Keep an eye on those forum chatter on trip advisor since a few people are using the code earlier than us. If you see anything, please post here or PM me, I will do the same. Looking at other Alamo codes, it is similar to Amex and Mastercard codes. Thanks for the post.
Thanks..... my trip isn't til late Sept. So you will be the guinnea pig on this one. I have this question out on a couple other forums so i will let you know.
My backup discount is one from costcotravel.com which offers 25% off, free upgrade and 1 free additional driver. Its about $30 more for my 5 day rental period. Gotta be a Costco member though!
Dec 16, 2006
636 posts
4 upvotes
Armeee wrote:
Apr 24th, 2009 1:02 am
This is a bit of a longshot but I have booked a vehicle in Vegas this coming Sept and was given a promo code and Contract ID for a fantastic deal.
I have found that the coupon code is for a free upgrade but the origin of the contract ID remains a mystery.

In short, when I pick up the car I don't want to be in trouble for trying to use a "code" that I am not entitled to.

I am looking to see if anyone out there works for Alamo or has a "friend" that can check this out.

Contract I.D. 7012298 and coupon code AU2729MJW
Armeeee, I think the contract ID is okay (7012298) since if you make a reservation with this alone, there are no messages (error or presenting coupon....).

The problem is with the AU2729MJW coupon. This is an upgrade coupon that can be used in addition to other discounts. This coupon is directly from Alamo and it expires 6/30/09.
http://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/h ... de_ecoupon

If you dont care for the upgrade, you should be okay.

Now the fun part. I printed another upgrade coupon and matched it with your original contract id 7012298 and it worked. Now I get the same rates with an upgrade and a coupon to show. Upgrade coupon is AU2331OSU. :cheesygri

http://www.bjsvacations.com/promotion/b ... _alamo.pdf
[OP]
Apr 20, 2009
265 posts
26 upvotes
Thanks for your response,

My AU2331OSU is advertised until the end of June as you stated but there must be an extension on it as it is allowing me to input it for my Sept res.
I also searched that code and see that it was available back in 2008 for reservations. Maybe it is a generic code to use at all times.???

Your other code looks like it is for BJ members only. I am not a member but did a dummy booking and it is about $100 more then what i've booked now.

With my ID and coupon I still have to pay for the additional driver.... about $50.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2009
265 posts
26 upvotes
Found this code from a website stating:

New 2009 Alamo Upgrade Coupon for Canada and US! Use Alamo coupon code AU5059ODT for a free upgrade on compact thru midsize. Use for rental pickup by 12/31/09. No printout required - various discount groups

When doing a dummy res, I hit the midsize and when the res details came up it showed a standard car.......

Standard Size
2-Door or 4-Door/Automatic/Air ...... Monte Carlo or similar ????

Why wasn't the upgrade from a midsize to fullsize....... never seen a standard size before this. :?:

I do not want a 2 door car for sure...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6160 posts
54 upvotes
I think the caveat here in using some of the codes, in particular 7012298 is that Alamo may ask you for proof. Who does 7012298 belong to anyway?
Dec 16, 2006
636 posts
4 upvotes
Pavel wrote:
Apr 25th, 2009 4:54 pm
I think the caveat here in using some of the codes, in particular 7012298 is that Alamo may ask you for proof. Who does 7012298 belong to anyway?
That is the big Q? I can't find 7012298 anywhere on the net but it does give you the best discount.

So I tried 7012298 alone and there are no caveats. When I use it with any legit upgrade code, it tells me I MAY have to show proof of discount.

I wont need the car until August, so more than 3 months to research this ID#.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6160 posts
54 upvotes
+1.

tataynik. Please post what you find out. I havent found any info on the code either.
Dec 16, 2006
636 posts
4 upvotes
Pavel wrote:
Apr 26th, 2009 2:54 am
+1.

tataynik. Please post what you find out. I havent found any info on the code either.
I think OP (Armeee) has forgotten all about this thread. I found another forum where someone replied to Armee. The poster called Alamo and asked about this ID#, this was his post:

"Hello there,

I used this to make a reservation in Florida in July and also got a good rate.

I called Alamo to inquire what contract ID #7012298 and apparently it is for Maui Viajes. "Maui Travels" in Spanish?

She said no other info on it was available and that no ID or cards were required when you picked up the car.

Hope this helps."

I think it's safe and good to go!! :D
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6160 posts
54 upvotes
I hope so.....but I'd like to see how Alamo in Vegas responds to this code. A backup reservation could prove to be very costly if this code is rejected at the counter.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2834 posts
38 upvotes
Using the 7012298 id with coupons drops the price over $100 vs the entertainment book id!!!!!
[OP]
Apr 20, 2009
265 posts
26 upvotes
Sorry,

I did not forget... but someone PM'd me from this site and asked that it not be revealed unless there was another verification. I have another..... from another forum, the jig is up!
Thanks, for pasting the response from the other poster. Yes, I have 2 verifications that the origin is "Maui Viajes".

I am interested in which one of you will try this out. Maybe we should look into Maui Viajes and see what we can find from that end.
Who is up to the challenge!............... who speaks Spanish

I will not stray from this post again.
× < >