Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$9.99 (extra) promo for Cell Wave + Alarm Connect - NO CONTRACT

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2015 4:32 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5071 upvotes
East GTA

$9.99 (extra) promo for Cell Wave + Alarm Connect - NO CONTRACT

Deal Link:
Price:
$9.99
Savings:
$150 off
I've been thinking of making the switch to a VOIP service (have decided to do Google Voice + voip.ms combo) but was prolonging the switch because I needed a phone line for my alarm system.

Alarm Force has a special promo for new AND current customers. $10 extra per month for the Cell Wave technology + Alarm Connect for remote alarm access through your phone. They normally charge $150 one time fee for installation and attach you to a 3 year contract.

They're waiving the installation fee + no contract. You can cancel it anytime (if you're not a new customer). I don't know how long this promo is on for but give them a call 1-800-267-2001. It's not listed on their site.
73 replies
Jul 13, 2006
888 posts
72 upvotes
redkulat wrote: I've been thinking of making the switch to a VOIP service (have decided to do Google Voice + voip.ms combo) but was prolonging the switch because I needed a phone line for my alarm system.

Alarm Force has a special promo for new AND current customers. $10 extra per month for the Cell Wave technology + Alarm Connect for remote alarm access through your phone. They normally charge $150 one time fee for installation and attach you to a 3 year contract.

They're waiving the installation fee + no contract. You can cancel it anytime (if you're not a new customer). I don't know how long this promo is on for but give them a call 1-800-267-2001. It's not listed on their site.
It would be more accurate if the title was "Only $9.99 Extra for Cell Wave Technology"

I am with ADT and they upgraded me for Cell Wave Technology for free and no contract (no extra monthly charge, no upfront upgrade fee & no contract.

So after they install call Alarm Form and tell them that you want to switch to ADT and their loyalty dept will waive the extra $10 monthly fee. If you're going to pay the extra $10 fee you wont be saving much with VOIP!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2896 posts
2002 upvotes
GTA
Title is misleading...need to be corrected...
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Aug 22, 2014
240 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
You don't HAVE to use cell technology to monitor an alarm if you don't have a landline.

My neighbour's alarm monitoring company uses VoIP (they sold him an ATA they had configured). I use an EnvisaLink 3 that my alarm monitoring company supports.

Now I agree that cell monitoring adds redundancy and is "better", but if your aim is to get rid of your old school phone line but still have a basic monitored alarm which gets you discount on your home insurance, then the above work.
Aug 27, 2004
245 posts
27 upvotes
I switched to EnvisaLink 3 and dropped my monitoring all together, couldn't be happier.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
BreadBagSeals wrote: You don't HAVE to use cell technology to monitor an alarm if you don't have a landline.

My neighbour's alarm monitoring company uses VoIP (they sold him an ATA they had configured). I use an EnvisaLink 3 that my alarm monitoring company supports.

Now I agree that cell monitoring adds redundancy and is "better", but if your aim is to get rid of your old school phone line but still have a basic monitored alarm which gets you discount on your home insurance, then the above work.
Would you please pm me what company is this? Im shopping for one SVD grand alarm was giving me this for $30 with 3 yr contract
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1676 posts
1073 upvotes
Ottawa Valley
Just a mention, but lookup reviews for alarm force.
I know a handful of people who used alarm force and all describe it as some of the worst experience they ever had. Massive over billing, terrible service, canceling nearly takes a lawyer.

I think the bbb has loads of complaints.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts.
Mar 18, 2013
341 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
BreadBagSeals wrote: You don't HAVE to use cell technology to monitor an alarm if you don't have a landline.

Would you be able to tell me who you neighbour's alarm monitoring company is?
Mar 12, 2003
500 posts
12 upvotes
Ontario
BreadBagSeals wrote: I use an EnvisaLink 3 that my alarm monitoring company supports.
What alarm monitoring company do you use with EnvisaLink? If using just EnvisaLink on it's own without the alarm monitoring company, do you still get a discount on home insurance?
Mar 12, 2003
500 posts
12 upvotes
Ontario
Mr Sparkle wrote: I switched to EnvisaLink 3 and dropped my monitoring all together, couldn't be happier.
How exactly does EnvisaLink work with existing DSC in a home? Do they provide services to install for you?
If using just EnvisaLink on it's own without the alarm monitoring company, do you still get a discount on home insurance?
Aug 30, 2012
999 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
Last time I called Alarm force they said they don't allow customers to own the equipment after the contract if they cancel services.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
I have alarm force and their equipment is useless and cheap. Hate their service.
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10358 posts
1482 upvotes
Toronto
Sasme question here as I also have Envisalink installed. Wondering if I should drop alarm monitoring service. But, TMC is only $10 a month anyway.
redflagger wrote: What alarm monitoring company do you use with EnvisaLink? If using just EnvisaLink on it's own without the alarm monitoring company, do you still get a discount on home insurance?
Mar 18, 2013
341 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if there is a DIY monitoring for the AlarmForce hardware?
Mar 18, 2013
341 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
redflagger wrote: How exactly does EnvisaLink work with existing DSC in a home? Do they provide services to install for you?
If using just EnvisaLink on it's own without the alarm monitoring company, do you still get a discount on home insurance?
From my research, it looks like it's a card that you install and connect 4 wires from your DSC system to the EnvisaLink card. You will also need to connect a network/RJ45 cable from the card to your router/switch so that it has internet access. But you need to check if it will work with your DSC system. My parents have DSC PC1500 which isn't compatible with the EnvisaLink card.
Mar 18, 2013
341 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
rdx wrote: Sasme question here as I also have Envisalink installed. Wondering if I should drop alarm monitoring service. But, TMC is only $10 a month anyway.
Does your insurance company ask for up-to-date billing information regarding your alarm fees...if not how would they know if it's being monitored?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Mr Sparkle wrote: I switched to EnvisaLink 3 and dropped my monitoring all together, couldn't be happier.
Envisalink doe it work with voip like obi? I know you can self monitor, i'm just curious if it works with central station.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
webpromoinc wrote: Does your insurance company ask for up-to-date billing information regarding your alarm fees...if not how would they know if it's being monitored?
They won't. The claim you may have to file in the future will get denied if you stated you had an alarm and really didn't.