• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2018 7:55 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 14, 2007
216 posts
54 upvotes
Mississauga
jeeva86 wrote: I was looking at http://www.themonitoringcenter.com/ and I seen they had a referral system so not sure what it is but I'm sure one of the parties would benefit.
I just looked at their site - the person that brings in the referral would get 2 months free service. It is shown on their site under "referral program"
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1843 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
I don't have a landline and will be using the service through the internet.

Between the "Helix" Alarm Panel and the The "Lynx Touch", which one do you guys recommend?
MechanicalMan64
Aug 20, 2007
137 posts
103 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
jeeva86 wrote: Can anyone refer me? Pls post in here before so that I don't get spammed. Thanks!
sure. I'll refer you!
PM me. What info do they need? just name? do you need a policy #? e-mail?
I'm happy to help!
*and get 2 months free :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
quisibo wrote: sure. I'll refer you!
PM me. What info do they need? just name? do you need a policy #? e-mail?
I'm happy to help!
*and get 2 months free :)
I won't be going with them for now since we're on proprietary hw(Rogers).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
U had my alarm installed by ADT 6 years ago, had the spec standard changed much? Do I need to install new equipment/panel or should I just use the old equipment when switching to TMC?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38385 posts
12009 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
greg123 wrote: U had my alarm installed by ADT 6 years ago, had the spec standard changed much? Do I need to install new equipment/panel or should I just use the old equipment when switching to TMC?
Not much has changed in 6 years. Use your existing equipment.
Oct 15, 2017
5 posts
2 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: I won't be going with them for now since we're on proprietary hw(Rogers).
Rogers equipment is not proprietary... at least not what they installed in my sisters home. It was just a DSC system which I'm sure they locked ... but I'm sure TMC could still switch you over.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
SreynoyC800998 wrote: Rogers equipment is not proprietary... at least not what they installed in my sisters home. It was just a DSC system which I'm sure they locked ... but I'm sure TMC could still switch you over.
You're talking about their smart home right? It's a black touchpad. Are you saying the keypad is DSC or the sensors? When I told TMC, I'm coming from Rogers, they said to take a hike and purchase new again.
Oct 15, 2017
5 posts
2 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: You're talking about their smart home right? It's a black touchpad. Are you saying the keypad is DSC or the sensors? When I told TMC, I'm coming from Rogers, they said to take a hike and purchase new again.
The house she bought came with a DSC PC1500 system ... which must have been 20+ years old. Rogers replaced the 4 keypads and the main box with a new DSC system. The keypads are PK5500 and they also attached another box next to the main box in the basement that has an antenna along with a TP link wifi router. I'm guessing this all works together for the monitoring. In the kitchen they have a Rogers tablet that can also arm the system and see from the camera at the door.
Nov 11, 2010
415 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
I'm moving into a new house and the previous owner is leaving behind the existing alarm equipment which was purchased by him. I believe that he had a Bell landline for the monitoring. I do not intend to pay for a landline as I will probably have a Rogers Home phone or a VOIP Phone.

My question is this - Does the alarm monitoring by TMC require an "active" landline? If the home is wired, but there is no active land line, will we need to pay a cellular upcharge of $15 in addition to the $10? Are there any other options where I can utilise the existing alarm system without having an active land-line?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
freakoutguy wrote: My question is this - Does the alarm monitoring by TMC require an "active" landline? If the home is wired, but there is no active land line, will we need to pay a cellular upcharge of $15 in addition to the $10? Are there any other options where I can utilise the existing alarm system without having an active land-line?
newegg-obihai-obi200-ata-49-99-1-50-ehf ... #p28508726
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)