Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Target

- Alcatel Idol X One Touch Mini Prepaid Virgin - $69.99, 4'3 ISP/5MP/1.3 GHZ

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2014 6:09 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4043 posts
1460 upvotes
GTA North

[Target] - Alcatel Idol X One Touch Mini Prepaid Virgin - $69.99, 4'3 ISP/5MP/1.3 GHZ

This week's flyer. Regular price $ 99.99, on sale $ 69.99. This is a prepaid/PAYG phone.

A great phone if this was 3.5 years ago but hey it's still okay for a backup phone and it's probably better than my trusty Galaxy 1.

www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1= ... one2=3115/

www.unbox.ph/gadget/alcatel-one-touch-i ... ectations/

5 MP camera with LED flash.
4.3 ISP screen.
1.3 Ghz dual core, 512 ram

http://images.media.xda-developers.com/ ... el_OT-6012
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
66 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
Works on Wind?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5846 posts
5472 upvotes
Calgary
dammmmm i bought this last week for full price lol does target have price guarantee?

price considering, it's a pretty good phone as backup. Very lightweight. Fits in pocket without even noticing it is there. And it runs Ingress just fine!

Virgin/bell has good towers so I use this in areas that moblicity drops with $10 (100mb) a month
teksavvy sucks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6784 posts
2098 upvotes
elfen2 wrote: http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/targ ... e=26#flyer

Just checked the flyer and it says in-store activation required. Maybe required to get $30 off?
I think they just add that to all phone purchases. I've bought a few pre-paid phones in the past and you just grab n go.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5846 posts
5472 upvotes
Calgary
mark_in_2k wrote: I think they just add that to all phone purchases. I've bought a few pre-paid phones in the past and you just grab n go.
I bought this exact phone fro target a week ago. They had to activate it and it didn't start working till about 40minutes later
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1574 posts
1179 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: I bought this exact phone fro target a week ago. They had to activate it and it didn't start working till about 40minutes later
You mean they wouldn't let you buy it unless you activated and paid a month of service or whatever term?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5846 posts
5472 upvotes
Calgary
elfen2 wrote: You mean they wouldn't let you buy it unless you activated and paid a month of service or whatever term?
The phones are hanging on the shelves. I just assumed that the activation was just part of the process. I didnt question it. Don't know how you would activate it otherwise. Maybe you can ask them if there is a way.

When I bought the phone, the took it out of the box to activate with the sim card. Gave them my info and they let me choose between three numbers.
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1574 posts
1179 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: The phones are hanging on the shelves. I just assumed that the activation was just part of the process. I didnt question it. Don't know how you would activate it otherwise. Maybe you can ask them if there is a way.

When I bought the phone, the took it out of the box to activate with the sim card. Gave them my info and they let me choose between three numbers.
Did you have to select and pay for the prepaid plan?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5434 posts
4847 upvotes
Toronto
If you can pick this up and use this without unlock or anything with any SIM it would be hot.

If you need to get it activated and sign up for service, then probably not worth it.

Any clue which one is it?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6784 posts
2098 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: I bought this exact phone fro target a week ago. They had to activate it and it didn't start working till about 40minutes later
There's no need to activate a PAYG phone in store. They are cheaper for that reason. I've bought 3 prepaid Y300 for Xmas presents last year and never activated any of them.

It could have been that the sales guy wanted you to activate it in store to boost his stats as he wouldn't have got any recognition if you had just paid at a regular register.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5434 posts
4847 upvotes
Toronto
mark_in_2k: The problem is that some places require you to activate the phone while you buy it from my understanding. I've never bought from Target retail before so someone needs to clear this up for us. Also if you don't have to activate it, do you need to unlock it, if so any experience?

Yeah I also have a couple of Y300s (awesome phone for the price), but that's a different deal since you could buy it online as well and just pay $5 online to unlock it without any activation.

This phone is very similar in specs to Y300, but appears to have a slightly better processor Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 on this versus Y300s Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3258 posts
2116 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Does it work with Bell without unlocking? Since Bell owns Virgin mobile?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5846 posts
5472 upvotes
Calgary
sorry guys just to clear things up.

I took a look at the little papers and manual books inside the box. It does say that you can activate the included SIM card by phone. But I am pretty sure the phone is locked to virgin/bell

I bought the phone with a $15 prepaid card and just activated on the spot. You can select your plan of choice if you log in with your phone number and a 4 digit pin number you choose when you activate. I'm currently doing only a 100mb per month ($10) and 40cents per minute. But you can change anytime.

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/pre ... cid=NAV:58
teksavvy sucks
Apr 24, 2014
978 posts
2417 upvotes
mark_in_2k wrote: There's no need to activate a PAYG phone in store. They are cheaper for that reason. I've bought 3 prepaid Y300 for Xmas presents last year and never activated any of them.

It could have been that the sales guy wanted you to activate it in store to boost his stats as he wouldn't have got any recognition if you had just paid at a regular register.
Currently working for Target Mobile.

We are required by head office (Glentel) to activated all prepaid/PAYG hardwares or it's a immediate dismissal from the company.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1574 posts
1179 upvotes
I guess I'll try and get it without activating it. I need to use this with rogers. Where's the cheapest place to unlock this phone?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)