443 upvotes
Mississauga

Water sensor and monitoring from Belairdirect...Targeted YMMV

Deal Link:
Savings:
100%
Retailer:
alertlabs.ca
Check your email if you have Car and Home Insurance with Belair Direct.

First come, first served! Limited quantities

1 Flowie water sensor
1 Floodie water sensor
1 year of 24/7 monitoring.

All free so savings of $348

The discount code is personalized

https://alertlabs.ca/collections/insight

https://www.amazon.com/detector-Alert-L ... leak+alarm
Last edited by bubuski on Nov 9th, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Jun 12, 2012
175 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Free the Flowie sensor

Provide you with a Flowie + Floodie water sensor kit and 1 year of 24/7 monitoring for free. First come, first served!

Water damage can be costly, but prevention and peace of mind are priceless!
We know you care about your home. We care about it too! That’s why we want to help you be more aware and prevent or mitigate damage. You’ve been selected to order this easy-to-use water and flood monitoring system for free.
The Flowie sensor measures your water usage down to the minute and can identify leaks and running water, and help you save on your water bill! The Floodie companion automatically connects to Flowie and helps to prevent water damage by sending instant flood alerts to your phone.
Jul 3, 2017
86 posts
38 upvotes
I'm a Belair Direct home insurance customer, and I didn't get any such email. Any other details? Hard to see how it's going to be possible to take advantage of this offer it only went to a few customers selected by unknown criteria.

But I'm not sure I'd want to anyway. Their sensor requires a $5/month monitoring fee (after your free year expires), and doesn't seem to offer any local non-subscription capability, nor does it integrate with any home automation systems.

Update: Ok, studying the design a bit, I can see why they probably aren't offering it everywhere. It uses cellular service to phone home, so it will only work in areas where the company has contracted for local cellular service. It also relies on a particular design of water meter, so wouldn't be compatible with every region. Another problem is that it needs an AC plugin if you don't want to rely on short-term battery power. Around here the water meters are installed in a box in the lawn near the street, so running AC power is not an option.
Last edited by Exp315 on Nov 16th, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jun 12, 2012
175 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I just got the email and ordered it.. you might get it too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1610 posts
443 upvotes
Mississauga
They ship fast, mine is online already. If you configure the app using your phone, you can log in to the website on a computer and you see additional home information that can be entered. You can put your actual water and sewage rates to se real-time consumption cost.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1610 posts
443 upvotes
Mississauga
Exp315 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 2:09 pm
I'm a Belair Direct home insurance customer, and I didn't get any such email. Any other details? Hard to see how it's going to be possible to take advantage of this offer it only went to a few customers selected by unknown criteria.

But I'm not sure I'd want to anyway. Their sensor requires a $5/month monitoring fee (after your free year expires), and doesn't seem to offer any local non-subscription capability, nor does it integrate with any home automation systems.

Update: Ok, studying the design a bit, I can see that they probably aren't offering it everywhere. It uses cellular service to phone home, so it will only work in areas where the company has contracted for local cellular service. It also relies on a particular design of water meter, so wouldn't be compatible with every region. Another problem is that it needs an AC plugin if you don't want to rely on short-term battery power. Around here the water meters are installed in a box in the lawn near the street, so running AC power is not an option.
I'm not bothered about the cost because it is free at the moment. Even at $5/month there after, there could be an option after this trial that Belair will offer discounts on homes that have the device installed. Northbridge Insurance already offers a $150 discount for homes which covers the yearly monitoring cost.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
1832 posts
1100 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got the email and ordered one.
drop a gear and dissapear