Hot Deals

[AliExpress] $162 USD/Freeshipping/Xiaomi/Note 5 *Pro* 32/3 GB RAM/5.99"/Snapdragon 636/4000mAh

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2018 10:44 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
20871 posts
7710 upvotes
Ottawa
cellnerd wrote:
May 20th, 2018 4:41 pm
Can you name one store that services Redmi Note series phones? I've seen some threads in the Cellphones section of the forum where people with Redmi phones are asking around for repair services in the GTA and they can never find any.
It's a cellphone, not a rocketship. Lol
I can list you every single component down to the resistor if you like.
Common things that break are screens and ports and all are available for purchase!
May 30, 2017
382 posts
103 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
vkizzle wrote:
May 20th, 2018 4:46 pm
It's a cellphone, not a rocketship. Lol
I can list you every single component down to the resistor if you like.
Common things that break are screens and ports and all are available for purchase!
You didn't answer my question. You specifically mentioned that there are repair services out there in the GTA that fix Redmi phones and you can't name any.

If you know any stores specifically help these people

screen-repair-2168719
screen-repair-2168719
replace-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-screen-gta-2184324/

They don't want to fix it themselves and they don't know which stores to go to get the repairs done. I suppose P-mall has some but overpriced ($120, no thanks). I don't know any specific names myself

The last time I went to a phone repair shop, when I was young and naive, the owner said he'd have to order the parts himself, even when I gave him the replacement parts I already bought. I told him to f*** off, lol. Cell phone repairs are best done yourself
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
2770 posts
2220 upvotes
cellnerd wrote:
May 20th, 2018 10:01 pm
You didn't answer my question. You specifically mentioned that there are repair services out there in the GTA that fix Redmi phones and you can't name any.

If you know any stores specifically help these people

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/screen-repair-2168719
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/screen-repair-2168719
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/replace-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-screen-gta-2184324/

They don't want to fix it themselves and they don't know which stores to go to get the repairs done. I suppose P-mall has some but overpriced ($120, no thanks). I don't know any specific names myself

The last time I went to a phone repair shop, when I was young and naive, the owner said he'd have to order the parts himself, even when I gave him the replacement parts I already bought. I told him to f*** off, lol. Cell phone repairs are best done yourself
this one can repair xiaomi phones:

"东方广场 一楼"

http://forum.yorkbbs.ca/chat/4521117.aspx

i am not sure but i think he means here:

http://www.orientalcentre.ca/cell-phone-accessories-services.html
Cell Phone Accessories & Services​
龍祥手機修理
​Unit No. 店舖號碼 132
​Telephone 電話 (416) 856 - 2491
4438 Sheppard Ave East
Scarborough, ON M1S 5V9
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Sep 27, 2013
181 posts
41 upvotes
Discoboy1 wrote:
May 20th, 2018 11:13 am
Ordered, can t wait to ditch that IPhone6 with only 16gb
Can you please provide direct link which model you get as OP's price...
Aug 29, 2011
34 posts
11 upvotes
I noticed there is no 700 mhz band. Does this mean that it won't be future proof on Rogers? Bad in Rural areas?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1077 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
May 18th, 2018 10:10 am
Is Xiaomi still pushing security updates to it?
What is the latest Android OS?
I also have a workhorse phone, which is my Note3 that I use as a backup and on road trips; but there are no more updates pushed to it :(
Curious about the security updates as well... I use my phone primarily for work, and I won’t be able to tie into the company emails without up to date security patches.

Right now, the only way to charge my iPhone 6 is to hang it from the wall via a lightning charger bracelet that’s ~5 inches long. Also, the screen is popping off and the battery dies in 2-3 hours of use, 6-7 hours of idle time while receiving email, updates, etc passively.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
May 30, 2017
382 posts
103 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
xjesterxx wrote:
May 20th, 2018 10:45 pm
Curious about the security updates as well... I use my phone primarily for work, and I won’t be able to tie into the company emails without up to date security patches.
Um... this is a thing? Can Exchange check for security updates? I know you're forced to make the accounts device admins, but this is going too far lmao
Right now, the only way to charge my iPhone 6 is to hang it from the wall via a lightning charger bracelet that’s ~5 inches long. Also, the screen is popping off and the battery dies in 2-3 hours of use, 6-7 hours of idle time while receiving email, updates, etc passively.
Been there with my iPhone 5. If I were you I'd replace the battery and then sell it. It is an extremely easy job. Even easier since the battery is literally doing your job--removing the screen for you. iPhone repairs are so damn easy.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1077 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
cellnerd wrote:
May 20th, 2018 11:43 pm
Um... this is a thing? Can Exchange check for security updates? I know you're forced to make the accounts device admins, but this is going too far lmao

Been there with my iPhone 5. If I were you I'd replace the battery and then sell it. It is an extremely easy job. Even easier since the battery is literally doing your job--removing the screen for you. iPhone repairs are so damn easy.
*Shrug*

Vulnerable device = vulnerable email I suppose.

As far as I understand, the iPhone 6 is a completely different animal for screen repairs / battery replacement than the 5. Need some sort of special press in order to get the screen back into the case properly. The battery isn't necessarily the issue, it's the charging port that doesn't function properly anymore. I've only found the 1 specific cable which will get it to start charging in 1 specific configuration (hanging from the wall).
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2003
1748 posts
33 upvotes
cellnerd wrote:
May 20th, 2018 10:47 am

Note 5 isn't a bad phone but it does lack USB-C, Freedom bands and NFC, among other things. The 636 is a good chipset but it's still not as powerful as an 820. And if you break the phone or the battery wears down, you won't find any repair services for it here. But parts will be cheap. Only buy Chinaphones if you're okay with repairing them yourself down the line.
The whole point of China phones like xiaomi is that if you break it or the battery wears out, you get another one. You would have to break 3-4 of these things to equal what you pay for a Samsung phone. USB C is nice if you have issues knowing which side to insert the cord in. Freedom bands? Who gives a crap about them. There are better plans out from the big 3's discount brands so why would anyone care about limited Freedom bands. Besides with dual sims, you can get a data only plan separate from voice only plan based on your individual needs.

I agree that NFC is pretty neat to have especially if you using google pay.

I had the mi Max with the older snapdragon 652 processor and it's still amazing.

Rocking with my Mi Mix right now 6gb ram 256gb storage, 6.4". First bezeless phone released. $400 1.5yrs ago. Hard to compare $ value with the Mi line of phones.
Jun 5, 2016
54 posts
56 upvotes
What is the usual delay to ship this thing, ordered Friday and my order is still being processed...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
20871 posts
7710 upvotes
Ottawa
Discoboy1 wrote:
May 21st, 2018 8:06 am
What is the usual delay to ship this thing, ordered Friday and my order is still being processed...
At least a month, unless you go with DHL.
These are being shipped consolidated via ocean.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7807 posts
470 upvotes
Scarborough
Does your Mi Mix work with NFC? Do you know any latest Mi phones work with NFC for sure?

I use Android Pay where ever available, I will probably do the same with Apple Pay if my next phone is iPhone.
nitro wrote:
May 21st, 2018 1:36 am
I agree that NFC is pretty neat to have especially if you using google pay.

I had the mi Max with the older snapdragon 652 processor and it's still amazing.

Rocking with my Mi Mix right now 6gb ram 256gb storage, 6.4". First bezeless phone released. $400 1.5yrs ago. Hard to compare $ value with the Mi line of phones.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2003
1748 posts
33 upvotes
My Mi Mix has NFC and I have google pay active on it. You have to check the specs for the latest Mi phones if it has NFC since it tends to only show up in the higher priced ones.
Menace wrote:
May 21st, 2018 9:26 am
Does your Mi Mix work with NFC? Do you know any latest Mi phones work with NFC for sure?

I use Android Pay where ever available, I will probably do the same with Apple Pay if my next phone is iPhone.
Jul 20, 2007
213 posts
15 upvotes
West Coast
What are the duties and import fees that I will be charged? I've heard DHL will charge for that so will using another shipping provider be better? Ultimately how much will I have to pay including shipping and fees?