Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[AliExpress] Blue G1W w/Novatek NT96650 Processor 1080p Dash Cam - $49.18 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2017 6:58 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
Sorry, I just want to bring up this thread again. As I am still running into issues:
I bought this more than a year ago. Apparently none of the settings would stick "forever", despite me flashing numerous firmwares already.
The setting non stick issues include:
1. date/time always reset to 2014/01/01. I have even tried some suggestions: flash firmware, change settings, then remove microsd card, no go. It would reset after a few hours unplugged. I am guessing its the capacitor bad.
2. memory card go full and not looping because every video is locked. I tried to set the G-sensor to low, or even off. Which would work for sometime. Until the dashcam is unplugged for a few hours, leading to settings reset, and of course, G-sensor is back to default level of medium. And it would lock all videos again. This is very annoying and concerning because I would always have to check if my dashcam is recording.

I bought a xiaomi for $50 or so and it's working fine, no issue. I set up and have not had to look back. Just check when I am free, but it's all working fine.

This g1w is causing issues.

Please advice
Sep 5, 2007
185 posts
27 upvotes
BC
konsensei wrote:
I bought a xiaomi for $50 or so and it's working fine, no issue. I set up and have not had to look back. Just check when I am free, but it's all working fine.

Please advice
Where do you get the xiaomi for $50? Tks.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
bcboy wrote:
konsensei wrote:

Please advice
Where do you get the xiaomi for $50? Tks.
Mine was $54usd from dealextreme. It was posted in here maybe 2months ago.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
Anyone have the G1W-CB version from ******** that was on sale last month for...I think $30 or so USD?
I installed it today after not having a dash cam for quite a while. Previously was the owner of a G1W-H, but after the battery died on it I never replaced it til now.

How long can you go without using the car before the capacitor loses your settings? Like if you don't drive for a few days (let's say the weekend), will the settings still be there on the following Monday?

Also I noticed that there was no setting to automatically turn off the display after X minutes. My older G1WH had this option. Does it do it automatically now or does the screen just stay on constantly?

One more thing. Back when I used the G1WH, there were quite a few compatible firmwares from different brands that worked on the G1W. Is that still the case?
What firmware is everyone using these days? Stock or something from DOD? If I remember correctly I used the DOD LS430w firmware previously.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6190 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA
BobSagget wrote: Anyone have the G1W-CB version from ******** that was on sale last month for...I think $30 or so USD?
I installed it today after not having a dash cam for quite a while. Previously was the owner of a G1W-H, but after the battery died on it I never replaced it til now.

How long can you go without using the car before the capacitor loses your settings? Like if you don't drive for a few days (let's say the weekend), will the settings still be there on the following Monday?

Also I noticed that there was no setting to automatically turn off the display after X minutes. My older G1WH had this option. Does it do it automatically now or does the screen just stay on constantly?

One more thing. Back when I used the G1WH, there were quite a few compatible firmwares from different brands that worked on the G1W. Is that still the case?
What firmware is everyone using these days? Stock or something from DOD? If I remember correctly I used the DOD LS430w firmware previously.
Mine was G1W-C:
1.Setting is never lost.
2. Check config, it's there.
3. You need to find capacitor-specific firmware. I never got to that point, not sure what benefits. I Just use stock and it worked fine. If I must complain, once in a while i.e. months, my dashcam will not auto turn on, or hang. My family don't check as I do.