Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
aliexpress.com

Xiaomi Smartphones - Global Version Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2018 10:31 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone else have issues getting the wrong silicon case + screen protector for the kate version from aliexpress?
Sep 1, 2016
89 posts
81 upvotes
albundy99999999 wrote: Does anyone else have issues getting the wrong silicon case + screen protector for the kate version from aliexpress?
blazerzr2 wrote: Also, does anyone know where they sell proper fitment cases and screen protectors for the Kate version?

The ones that came with the phone absolutely do not fit, not even the correct style for the phone!!!!

Any help would be great, thanks again.
It was mentioned in the description that the case they send will be tight since it is not made for the international version (kate) which is 2mm longer than kenzo. I've tried messaging the seller and many case and screen protector sellers on aliexpress asking if they have any cases compatible with kate but they all said they don't. I'm guessing we just have to wait until they start manufacturing a case compatible with the phone, because i read online that they sell kate version of the case in Taiwan but only ships to Taiwan.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
Adrastos67 wrote:
albundy99999999 wrote: Does anyone else have issues getting the wrong silicon case + screen protector for the kate version from aliexpress?
blazerzr2 wrote: Also, does anyone know where they sell proper fitment cases and screen protectors for the Kate version?

The ones that came with the phone absolutely do not fit, not even the correct style for the phone!!!!

It was mentioned in the description that the case they send will be tight since it is not made for the international version (kate) which is 2mm longer than kenzo. I've tried messaging the seller and many case and screen protector sellers on aliexpress asking if they have any cases compatible with kate but they all said they don't. I'm guessing we just have to wait until they start manufacturing a case compatible with the phone, because i read online that they sell kate version of the case in Taiwan but only ships to Taiwan.
So, it is tight fit. It doesn't mean it won't fit. With the screen protector, that could be problem as screen protector can't be stretch. Thanks for your info.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone able to get LTE+ (not just LTE) on the kate, not kenzo version?
Sep 1, 2016
89 posts
81 upvotes
albundy99999999 wrote:
Adrastos67 wrote:

So, it is tight fit. It doesn't mean it won't fit. With the screen protector, that could be problem as screen protector can't be stretch. Thanks for your info.
I found a screen protector here it comes out to 8.99 USD with shipping and description says its for the international version
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
Adrastos67 wrote:
albundy99999999 wrote:
Adrastos67 wrote:

I found a screen protector here it comes out to 8.99 USD with shipping and description says its for the international version

Still wondering if it is for kate or kenzo. I can't see the measurement on the website.
Sep 1, 2016
89 posts
81 upvotes
albundy99999999 wrote:
Adrastos67 wrote:
albundy99999999 wrote:

Still wondering if it is for kate or kenzo. I can't see the measurement on the website.
Someone asked a question to the seller
Dear Honorbuy team Could you please confirm that this screen protector really fits on the full length (about 152 mm) of international "Kate" version / Redmi Note 3 pro? Thanks a lot in advance!
Answer:
Hello. Yes, we confirm it. It is suitable for the Redmi Note 3 Pro International Version. Best regards!

So I guess it should be good.
Mar 25, 2006
757 posts
162 upvotes
Hamilton
Anyone using a 128GB microsd with this? Just bought a Lexar and it doesn't mount.
Jun 2, 2002
511 posts
209 upvotes
oncl0ud9 wrote: Anyone using a 128GB microsd with this? Just bought a Lexar and it doesn't mount.
Using one with kenzo. No issues. Make sure you format Fat32.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5027 posts
1789 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Any reason I shouldn't get the mi5? I'm on Rogers and it's replacing the lg g2 that was a great phone. I was contemplating the moto g4 plus at $299 USD. Camera is important.

Geek buying has the mi5 with glass screen protector and case for $290.

Thanks
Jun 14, 2010
467 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
hyperactiveme wrote: Any reason I shouldn't get the mi5? I'm on Rogers and it's replacing the lg g2 that was a great phone. I was contemplating the moto g4 plus at $299 USD. Camera is important.

Thanks
Link? Cheapest Mi5 I see is $380. Thanks.
Jul 18, 2007
374 posts
29 upvotes
I want to purchase the mi 5 as well but I see a lot of forums stating the mi 5 dies on them. Apparently they have motherboard issues
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5027 posts
1789 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
EnchantedPlague wrote:
hyperactiveme wrote: Any reason I shouldn't get the mi5? I'm on Rogers and it's replacing the lg g2 that was a great phone. I was contemplating the moto g4 plus at $299 USD. Camera is important.

Thanks
Link? Cheapest Mi5 I see is $380. Thanks.
here it is

I hate that we can't disable the redirects now either.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1043 posts
1372 upvotes
For those of you that have bought either from this seller, or from Hong Kong Goldway, can you confirm for me if your version has two different IMEI codes for each SIM slot?

I want to use two Rogers SIMs, and it won't work if both slots have the same IMEI... which apparently certain versions of the Note 3 Pro do.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2004
1221 posts
185 upvotes
Does it matter that mi 5 only supports 1 band on LTE? For example, it's only Band 7 on Bell. Whereas an S7, Passport, Nexus 6P support all LTE bands.

$300 USD is not throwaway money... At that price, you could get a Nexus 6P

I am test driving a Nexus 6P right now. I am coming from a BB Passport, and man this is fun. :) It's no wonder Blackberry is completely obliterated in the handset business. The voice recognition is amazing, even in a noisy room. But productivity wise (phone, emails, etc.), nothing quite measures up to BB10 interface.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1459 posts
629 upvotes
Canada
dealzuser wrote: Does it matter that mi 5 only supports 1 band on LTE? For example, it's only Band 7 on Bell. Whereas an S7, Passport, Nexus 6P support all LTE bands.

$300 USD is not throwaway money... At that price, you could get a Nexus 6P
Band 7 is LTE-Advanced and Band 4 is LTE in Bell's land. You can determine if it matters to you or not by checking the coverage on Bell's website.
Oct 4, 2007
665 posts
186 upvotes
Anyone bought a phone from Ali before?
I purchased a Mi5 towards the end of August. The phone arrived in Canada on the 16th and has been stuck at the "Exchange Office" for 16 days without any updates.
Does anyone know how long it'll take before the customs release it? It's kind of ridiculous that the parcel arrived so quickly yet the custom delay puts it towards the 8 week time point.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
2088 posts
122 upvotes
yangxu wrote: Anyone bought a phone from Ali before?
I purchased a Mi5 towards the end of August. The phone arrived in Canada on the 16th and has been stuck at the "Exchange Office" for 16 days without any updates.
Does anyone know how long it'll take before the customs release it? It's kind of ridiculous that the parcel arrived so quickly yet the custom delay puts it towards the 8 week time point.
Did you get it shipped by free standard shipping (i.e., not DHL or another courier)? If so, you won't get any tracking once it leaves China.
Oct 4, 2007
665 posts
186 upvotes
dhamilton wrote:
Did you get it shipped by free standard shipping (i.e., not DHL or another courier)? If so, you won't get any tracking once it leaves China.
The shipping is free, yes, but I did get a tracking number. That's how I came to know that it's stuck at the "exchange office" in YVR for 17 days now.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
2088 posts
122 upvotes
yangxu wrote:
dhamilton wrote:
The shipping is free, yes, but I did get a tracking number. That's how I came to know that it's stuck at the "exchange office" in YVR for 17 days now.
Canada Post stopped tracking shipments from China unless they are through ePacket or EMS. I purchase stuff from Aliexpress all the time (before and after Canada Post stopped tracking most packages). It may take 2 months from when the seller shipped it for you to get your package; patience is always required when buying from Aliexpress :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)