Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Aliexpress

Entry level phone UMIDIGI A3 2GB/16GB Android 8, dual band WiFi - US$59 free ship

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2019 12:18 am
Nov 14, 2012
654 posts
493 upvotes

Entry level phone UMIDIGI A3 2GB/16GB Android 8, dual band WiFi - US$59 free ship

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Aliexpress
It is hard to find entry level with dual band WiFi. Most of the time kids will be on WiFi and 5GHz has higher speeds and is less crowded because is better contained inside houses.

My research shows that UMIDIGI has better coverage of Canadian bands comparing to other brands making entry levels (e.g. Xiaomi).

If you order over $100, there is "friday10" coupon.

Btw there is also Umidigi A3S (Helio A22 CPU, Android 10), they advertise it for 59.99 but my cart is showing 79.99. Seems like pre-sale, even DHL option takes 23 days. If you can wait, get that one, but I would not count on receiving it before mid January.
Last edited by ramon2 on Nov 29th, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
7 replies
Feb 28, 2015
738 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Entry level, lmao! What exactly is an entry level phone? My entry level phone weighed 10 lbs and was in a leather bag with a cord.
Nov 14, 2012
654 posts
493 upvotes
skoalman123 wrote: Entry level, lmao! What exactly is an entry level phone? My entry level phone weighed 10 lbs and was in a leather bag with a cord.
Must be more than 20yrs ago. My kids are not that old :)

I guess it is mostly about the CPU and somewhat about screen quality and density. 28nm is 2011 technology although many CPUs use it till today. High end phones today use 10-12nm, Exynos advertises 8nm but its really 10nm process. In 2-3yrs this tech will be in $60 phones.

The cost of the bleeding edge tech is in the waste, foundry has to make 10 CPU units to get one working. Entry level means they can manufacture it reliably with minimal waste.
Nov 14, 2012
654 posts
493 upvotes
Finally got the phones, it took Umidigi a week to ship out, DHL got it on Friday and brought it today (Monday), very impressive. 2 phones with DHL option USD $126.63 plus DHL invoice at the door was C$33.49, there was more fees than taxes ($15.41 HST, $11 brokerage, $5 transaction processing and $2.08 HST on brokerage and transaction), that was expected. Each phone came to C$100/ea all in. Would have been about C$84 if I wanted to wait.

Kids are happy with the phones, very professional retail box, good English. Came with European charger, not a problem, have lots of chargers. 5GHz WiFi band works well, ok camera, good sound, somewhat underwhelming battery life. Dual SIM, stock Android 9, zero crapware. When wife seen them, she shown interest in another model of Umidigi brand.

Btw. Umidigi A3S is on sale right now Dec. 9: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000388219112.html
Slightly larger screen larger battery, 12nm 2GHz CPU (vs 28nm 1.5GHz, smaller tech means more power efficient), Android 10.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
Enjoy your pre-installed malware.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
ramon2 wrote: It is hard to find entry level with dual band WiFi. Most of the time kids will be on WiFi and 5GHz has higher speeds and is less crowded because is better contained inside houses.

My research shows that UMIDIGI has better coverage of Canadian bands comparing to other brands making entry levels (e.g. Xiaomi).

If you order over $100, there is "friday10" coupon.

Btw there is also Umidigi A3S (Helio A22 CPU, Android 10), they advertise it for 59.99 but my cart is showing 79.99. Seems like pre-sale, even DHL option takes 23 days. If you can wait, get that one, but I would not count on receiving it before mid January.
shows 69.99
Nov 14, 2012
654 posts
493 upvotes
qaz393 wrote: shows 69.99
That deal for A3 was around Nov.29-Dec.3, now they are pre-selling A3S, link above. A3S has larger battery and newer, faster and lower power CPU, but don't expect to receive it before January.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)