Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AliExpress

OnePlus 7 (non-pro) 256GB, 8GB RAM $500 CAD all in!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2020 10:23 am
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
mcg wrote: Shipped as well!

Wondering if I should've gone for the Pro instead with the 6 percent ebates... Would've knocked the phone down to 780 cad plus shipping (and potential duties)
No regrets, the 7 pro is nice but I don't think its $200+ nice.
Nov 23, 2011
856 posts
986 upvotes
West GTA
Ordered on the 27th, mine shipped as well!
Sep 28, 2017
146 posts
106 upvotes

Wondering if I should've gone for the Pro instead with the 6 percent ebates... Would've knocked the phone down to 780 cad plus shipping (and potential duties)
It's a subjective topic but I was debating this too. I dropped the extra 2 hundy and have no regrets. 90hz screen is so smooth and the pop-up selfie has stunned alot of people. I'm digging the curved screen too
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7387 posts
3683 upvotes
GTA

In my opinion, the $200+ isn't the problem. These two are just slightly different phone all together.

The specs, the uwa camera and the haptic engine is worth the $200 for sure, but I'll take a pass on the size and curved screen. It's a personal preference thing and it's lucky that we have choices :)
Nov 26, 2009
348 posts
254 upvotes
Calgary
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a question. What is everyone going to use to migrate from their old OnePlus to their new 7? I have the 6 and have had push notification issues with a couple apps since I got it. Ring doorbell, myQ and Team Snap in particular. I've tried every possible solution to get push notifications working for these aside from a factory reset but no luck. I want to avoid transferring system settings that could bring this problem over but I want all my apps, data, pics, files, contacts, messages, etc. So the question is Google Backup and Restore or Oneplus Switch? I could transfer everything, see if the push problem exists and start over if it does avoiding system settings?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
jayace wrote: Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a question. What is everyone going to use to migrate from their old OnePlus to their new 7? I have the 6 and have had push notification issues with a couple apps since I got it. Ring doorbell, myQ and Team Snap in particular. I've tried every possible solution to get push notifications working for these aside from a factory reset but no luck. I want to avoid transferring system settings that could bring this problem over but I want all my apps, data, pics, files, contacts, messages, etc. So the question is Google Backup and Restore or Oneplus Switch? I could transfer everything, see if the push problem exists and start over if it does avoiding system settings?
Have you tried turning off deep optimization under battery settings?
Also under system, recent app management, make sure it's on normal clear.
One last thing, go under battery and click on the app and under battery optimization for the app, select don't optimize.
Do all 3 and it should work. Let me know.
Nov 26, 2009
348 posts
254 upvotes
Calgary
Yeah I've done all 3 of those. Checked them multiple times over the last year.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
jayace wrote: Yeah I've done all 3 of those. Checked them multiple times over the last year.
Under utilities, turn off smart boost?
Also under app and notifications, make sure all boxes are ticked for your apps and respective notifications.
Nov 26, 2009
348 posts
254 upvotes
Calgary
Ok, just turned off Smart Boost. Didn't know about that one. Thanks. Boxes were checked under apps and notifications.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
jayace wrote: Ok, just turned off Smart Boost. Didn't know about that one. Thanks. Boxes were checked under apps and notifications.
Did it fix your problem?
Nov 26, 2009
348 posts
254 upvotes
Calgary
Waiting for a notification from one of those apps to know. I'm not at home at the moment. It is only an issue when the phone seems to be in lock screen too.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2732 posts
1031 upvotes
Looks like everyone getting shipments! Mine was paid on June 30th and shipment today

Though this site is very frustrating to clearly see what is going on, I ordered 2 phones the 8gig and 12gig, and my order status shows Part Order Shipped, tho I do have 2 separate tracking #'s... so no idea what is what and why it shows Part Order Shipped... which one didn't ship? Why didn't they ship as one package? I'm assuming the order in which the tracking numbers show relate to the order that the phones display, why it's so hard to put the information together in a intuitive manner is very annoying!

Oh well, at least it finally shipped! Now to wait for the tracking info to start showing up
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
nahsha wrote: Hi, I'd like to order this phone, is the current 2.75% ebates + ali store the best deal that I can get? thx!
Yes, still a great deal. Because the price of the phone has dropped a good amount since the deal was posted. Your net cost would still be around $580.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
1146 posts
359 upvotes
Phone arrived for me today (I ordered on the 20th), typing this message on it now.

Package was in great condition, shipped in a white mail padded envelope and wrapped in bubble wrap.

Naturally there was no wrap on the package since fantacy installed the global ROM. But everything inside the box looks untouched. The wrap on the phone was just slightly shifted to allow access to the USB c port. Nice, clear, thin OEM case in box and screen protector applied to the phone.

US plug for the charger.

Text, calls, data, wifi all no issues.

So far so good
May 8, 2010
106 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
dkmwong wrote: Phone arrived for me today (I ordered on the 20th), typing this message on it now.

Package was in great condition, shipped in a white mail padded envelope and wrapped in bubble wrap.

Naturally there was no wrap on the package since fantacy installed the global ROM. But everything inside the box looks untouched. The wrap on the phone was just slightly shifted to allow access to the USB c port. Nice, clear, thin OEM case in box and screen protector applied to the phone.

US plug for the charger.

So far so good
Were you charged any tax or duties
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
1146 posts
359 upvotes
Sauce wrote: Were you charged any tax or duties
No tax or duties. Followed the suggested in this thread and went with AliExpress std shipping. Took 11 business days from ordering to drop off at my door
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
dkmwong wrote: Phone arrived for me today (I ordered on the 20th), typing this message on it now.

US plug for the charger.

So far so good
That's amazing! Thanks for sharing, you must be one of the first people on here to receive the phone. Let us know how you feel about the battery life after you use it for a while.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
1146 posts
359 upvotes
zobi123 wrote: That's amazing! Thanks for sharing, you must be one of the first people on here to receive the phone. Let us know how you feel about the battery life after you use it for a while.
Compared to my lg g6, the battery appears to be a significant improvement. That's just my impressions after a few hours of use. Once I get in a full day I'll comment again.

Btw, I think the US charger is a new aftermarket charger, not OEM. At least when comparing to OnePlus.net photos.
Apr 22, 2010
310 posts
240 upvotes
Markham
dkmwong wrote: Nice, clear, thin OEM case in box and screen protector applied to the phone.
It comes with a screen protector installed or was this an add-on you purchased and they installed it?
Last edited by Dragon Reborn on Jul 6th, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
dkmwong wrote: Compared to my lg g6, the battery appears to be a significant improvement. That's just my impressions after a few hours of use. Once I get in a full day I'll comment again.

Btw, I think the US charger is a new aftermarket charger, not OEM. At least when comparing to OnePlus.net photos.
Does the charger look like the one in this picture? From the official OP India site: https://www.oneplus.in/7/unboxing?from=op7