Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

AliExpress - Rikomagic MK802 III - Android 4.1 Smart TV Stick - US$59 FS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2013 12:24 pm
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto

[Apple] AliExpress - Rikomagic MK802 III - Android 4.1 Smart TV Stick - US$59 FS

Rikomagic MK802 III - Android 4.1 Smart TV Stick - US$59 Free Shipping
Dual Core 1.6Ghz Cortex A9 1GB RAM 4G ROM HDMI

[IMG]http://www.androimeda.com/wp-content/up ... dongle.png[/IMG]

What is it? Android Smart TV Stick (think alternative for Apple TV)
What's it good for?
- Plugs into HDMI port on TVs and LED screens, turns TV into an Android Tablet (unfortunately doesn't turn the screen into touch screen), works with any PC mouse/keyboard (wired or wireless, not included), or fly mouse (kinda like a Wii controller, search youtube)
- Stream TV, Netflix, Youtube, Crackle, Sopcast, Ice films, TED, ...
- Stream live sports over the internet
- Connect to external hard drive and play video/music
- Stream video/movies already downloaded on Home PC through the LAN using ES File Explorer and MX Player
- Run any Android app, browse the web, check emails, calendars, maps, etc.
- Turn any LCD monitor into a smart TV station, check your email, picture slideshow, browse the web, etc.
- Mount the LCD with stick anywhere in the house, living room, bedroom, kitchen, to watch video, listen to radio etc.
- Bring on trips and plug into hotel room TV
- Great Christmas gift!

Review here: http://liliputing.com/2012/10/mk802-iii ... d-4-1.html
Video Review: http://youtu.be/snT3l5rSUZI

New MK802 IIIS version with bluetooth (thanks to phamtastic): http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 0185&vd=30

Buy from AliExpress: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-arri ... 91521.html
Or buy from GeekBuying: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Presell- ... 12070.html
Excellent support forum: http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/index. ... a855a9f634

This is the dual core version of the MK802 II originally posted here. I bought one, but wish it were faster, so I ordered this one.
372 replies
Apr 21, 2012
327 posts
72 upvotes
MARKHAM
Wow the offical Mark3 is already out!? I just bought mk802II 2 months ago...That was pretty good even though the specs are outdated. Looks like its time to use that $10 discount coupon :D
Newegg, NCIX, CanadaComputers, Vuugo, follow all tech forums @ boardreader.com!
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
LoL deal addicts think alike - I used that 10$ coupon I got after I bought the MK802 II.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
1689 posts
46 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone wanna share their coupon with me? Would be greatly appreciated!
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1263 upvotes
I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace my patriot box... Few questions though:
1.No remote included? I know its got bluetooth, so i'm sure they assume people will use a cell to control it, right?
2.Is this powered by the HDMI port? I only see 2 I/O ports(Host USB and a microSD). I'm guessing there wouldnt be enough juice to power a 2.5" drive from the host USB port, right?

Honestly, the biggest reason i'm hesitant is as DKcountry mentioned... These things seem to get refreshed too quickly. I dont mind not having the shiniest new player around, but when there are so many different players + so many versions of each one, its only a matter of time until all the developers migrate to a different platform.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5823 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
I really don't like how the HDMI port is built into the unit. It looks ugly, and fragile. I prefer to have a cable between the unit and the HDMI input device, so the unit is standalone and just sits on the table.
M-e-X-x wrote: Booty call AND you get gas money? Sweet!
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
1. Remote not included. My wireless mouse works fine, or you can get one of those new "fly mouse" remotes especially designed for Android TV boxes. They work like Wii controller by just pointing to the TV. Search Youtube for fly mouse.
2. Bluetooth is not listed in specs - wouldn't count on it.
3. It's powered via USB cable in the USB Power port. "Current of USB from TV should be ≥500mAh(5V), when lower than 500mAh, external power supply is needed" It works fine on my Sony Bravia TV from 2 years ago.
4. The additional Host USB can be used to connect to an external drive.

Yes, they get refreshed quickly, but I plan to give away the current one when I get the new one.
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
kay188 wrote: I really don't like how the HDMI port is built into the unit. It looks ugly, and fragile. I prefer to have a cable between the unit and the HDMI input device, so the unit is standalone and just sits on the table.
My MK802 II came with an extension HDMI cable (female to male). I expect the same with this one.
Mar 9, 2007
148 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
Was researching the UG802, only complaint was about the WiFi connectivity. Some users preferred using an HDMI extension cable because they felt that interference from the TV's were interfering with the built-in WiFi adaptor. Putting some separation between the TV & the UG802 seemed to help.

Anybody care to comment on the MK802 III vs UG802?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2728 posts
159 upvotes
- Is wifi on the device fixed? My MK802+ max at 500kb/s which is a big problem streaming HD video
- Is hdmi audio passthrough fixed?
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
NetAnt wrote: - Is wifi on the device fixed? My MK802+ max at 500kb/s which is a big problem streaming HD video
- Is hdmi audio passthrough fixed?
Probably best to ask in the Rikomagic support forum.
Oct 14, 2012
63 posts
19 upvotes
Laval
I live in Montreal. Can I find a descent one in any stores? I can't wait for shipping... Thanks
May 26, 2011
420 posts
66 upvotes
Etobicoke
Thinking of upgrading to a G box midnight, or the Pivos Xios DS, Can someone chime in and tell me which one is the better unit and why? Thx all. Cheers.
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
gregster64 wrote: Thinking of upgrading to a G box midnight, or the Pivos Xios DS, Can someone chime in and tell me which one is the better unit and why? Thx all. Cheers.
I think these are both single core units and cost almost as much as the Apple TV.
Dual core should be at least 50% faster than these.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
There's no way to gain an hdmi port on a computer monitor that is old and doesn't have one, right?
Apr 7, 2005
225 posts
42 upvotes
An HDMI port is like a DVI port with additional features (like audio). You'd have to do some research to find out if various converters can help you.
Jun 10, 2007
156 posts
28 upvotes
is it possible to install Plex on this device?

currently I am using an ipad2 to air play videos to an appletv (3rd gen), the plex server (mac) and appletv are wired to the network.