Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

AliExpress - Rikomagic MK802 III - Android 4.1 Smart TV Stick - US$59 FS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2013 12:24 pm
Nov 13, 2012
60 posts
36 upvotes
AMIRALI76 wrote: Which one is better , the one refered on this thread or this one : http://www.123inkcartridges.ca/printer- ... S21H-.html ?
I answered in the other thread where you asked but definitely the 123inkcartridge link because of wifi problems with all of the previos MK802 models and because of the 2GB of RAM on the 123ink PCstick. The main thing is that with the 5% Paypal and the lower prices on Geekbuying and In4dealz you end up paying twenty more for that extra 1GB of RAM compared to the imito MX1 people have been discussing in the threads. My eyes are going cross-eyed from all of this screen reading and I think I need some sleep now good luck to you AMIRALI76.
Feb 10, 2008
215 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Question: Is there a list for the new android boxes out there? Sticks are nice, but I rather at least have an ethernet port because wired connections are better.
Jun 18, 2010
3 posts
Why do you want to buy a PC stick when dedicated media players (eg Patriot, Asus, etc.) are about the same price? I think I miss something...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22509 posts
8925 upvotes
Toronto
TechDNA wrote: I answered in the other thread where you asked but definitely the 123inkcartridge link because of wifi problems with all of the previos MK802 models and because of the 2GB of RAM on the 123ink PCstick. The main thing is that with the 5% Paypal and the lower prices on Geekbuying and In4dealz you end up paying twenty more for that extra 1GB of RAM compared to the imito MX1 people have been discussing in the threads. My eyes are going cross-eyed from all of this screen reading and I think I need some sleep now good luck to you AMIRALI76.
No stock?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
nchang99 wrote: Why do you want to buy a PC stick when dedicated media players (eg Patriot, Asus, etc.) are about the same price? I think I miss something...
i agree, as an owner of both, a media player is MUCH better.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
nchang99 wrote: Why do you want to buy a PC stick when dedicated media players (eg Patriot, Asus, etc.) are about the same price? I think I miss something...
I thought these ran in $50-60's, half of what many media players cost? You have a good point though but because I can easily attach any of our three laptops (ssd so fast enough boot times) to the home network (file server) and the 5.1 system through HDMI, I was wondering if I can get by with $50-60 solution.

Also, maybe some people want to play android games as well as bring the stick along with them since this can double as a mini-pc on a box while the media player cannot be used as a pc to create/edit documents.
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
Do they allow you to do the following?
- browse the web
- make calls on skype
- stream youtube, hulu, netflix
- play flash content, e.g. to get live sports
- check emails, calendar, weather, etc.
- bring with you on trips
- run any of the 700,000 Apps on the Android Play Store

If you don't need these on your TV, then you are not missing anything.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
alanbrenton wrote: I thought these ran in $50-60's, half of what many media players cost? You have a good point though but because I can easily attach any of our three laptops (ssd so fast enough boot times) to the home network (file server) and the 5.1 system through HDMI, I was wondering if I can get by with $50-60 solution.

Also, maybe some people want to play android games as well as bring the stick along with them since this can double as a mini-pc on a box while the media player cannot be used as a pc to create/edit documents.
with my Patriot Box Office dying, i went with this http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Western-Digital- ... 4051416434 , its a refurb, but has a 6 month warranty, and price is right.
Nov 13, 2012
60 posts
36 upvotes
tsuda wrote: Do they allow you to do the following?
- browse the web
- make calls on skype
- stream youtube, hulu, netflix
- play flash content, e.g. to get live sports
- check emails, calendar, weather, etc.
- bring with you on trips
- run any of the 700,000 Apps on the Android Play Store

If you don't need these on your TV, then you are not missing anything.
If that don't say it all nothin' does. I thanked your post because that is what I think most people including myself did not understand about these things until you really check them out. They do everything but walk the dog and park the car people should view the videos about them on youtube pretty interesting stuff.

nadrojcote ** That in4dealz is exactly where I got my MX1 from and now it looks like they are selling the MK808 for $49.99 shipped which is like the MX1 but it does not have Blue-Tooth is all and it is selling fast already up over 1100 on the counter. My MX1 was only about 200 pieces did I get in on the wrong deal what is so special is it the price being that low?
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
TechDNA wrote: If that don't say it all nothin' does. I thanked your post because that is what I think most people including myself did not understand about these things until you really check them out. They do everything but walk the dog and park the car people should view the videos about them on youtube pretty interesting stuff.
Thanks TechDNA.

Yes, it does pretty much everything your Android phone/tablet does, on your TV. Apple could have made AppleTV just as useful, but they didn't.
Dec 4, 2009
119 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
I got the mk802 3. Anyone know how I can control games other than using droidmote? Any wireless controller RF or bluetooth that works?
I also have a recommendation for those who are willing to wait till April. You can pre order the ouya now $99 quad core with 1 controller plus $20 shipping. I think this will be a big hit.
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
vguy604 wrote: I got the mk802 3. Anyone know how I can control games other than using droidmote? Any wireless controller RF or bluetooth that works?
I also have a recommendation for those who are willing to wait till April. You can pre order the ouya now $99 quad core with 1 controller plus $20 shipping. I think this will be a big hit.
Any wired or wireless USB mouse should work. Have you checked out the Air Mouse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BKp78-jLls