Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

AliExpress - Rikomagic MK802 III - Android 4.1 Smart TV Stick - US$59 FS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2013 12:24 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1457 posts
1000 upvotes
gromitlad wrote: Wow, you surprised me with that link! :) Did not think such an animal existed. CTY doesn't have much of a description or any user reviews, but perhaps it's like this cable at Amazon, which apparently is meant to carry analog signals over hdmi to an analog device. It does not convert the signal. The two top reviewers, both positive and negative, explain much better than I did about digital/analog conversion and why the cable won't work in most situations. Maybe this cable would work in this situation, but it's a gamble!
that cable dosnt do squat, i looked into it before, you need a converter box to use this thing which also costs about 150.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
nelsonmp5 wrote: Anyone use Aliexpress with a credit card? Or have much buying history with Aliexpress? They're offereing a $5 coupon for new members using Mastercard.
Alibaba (Aliexpress) is a pretty big well known company, a competitor to eBay and well known in China for the international wholesale market. They're releasing a tablet and their own OS.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/22/alib ... investment
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5180 posts
1273 upvotes
so... if one of the USB ports is needed to power the device and one is needed for an input device such as a mouse, are you limited to the microSD slot to play media etc? That doesnt sound very handy to me.
Jun 10, 2007
156 posts
28 upvotes
argh, I didn't know there is another version with bluetooth, otherwise I think I will get this one instead.
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
I used my Mastercard last time and got $5 off the MK802II. Then they gave me $10 off which I used for this MK802III.
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
Nettles wrote: So did anyone test out a live sports stream or a live channel from atdhe or somewhere or a putlocker link or even an official Global or CTV type full show to see if the video works without choppiness?

Was planning to go with a blu-ray player with a built in flash browser but might instead get an android stick + cheap blu ray player to do the same thing.
Yes, I installed Flash and Sopcast and both atdhe and livetv dot ru work on the MK802II, so I would expect it be better on the III.
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
rahzel wrote: so... if one of the USB ports is needed to power the device and one is needed for an input device such as a mouse, are you limited to the microSD slot to play media etc? That doesnt sound very handy to me.
You can get a powered USB hub if you need to use more USB devices.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
What payment have you guys used with AliExpress? They don't seem to have Paypal.
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote: What payment have you guys used with AliExpress? They don't seem to have Paypal.
I used mastercard to get the $5 coupon. Alibaba is a company the size of Ebay, so I'm not too worried.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1123 posts
1064 upvotes
MARKHAM
couple questions...

i have a NAS set up...if i hook this up to my dad's TV, can i access the files if it is on the same network?

also, i noticed for my smart TV, i don't need any passwords to access any of the files even though i have them password protected if you try accessing them via desktop/laptop. anyone know how to prevent him from accessing all of my files? i just want to grant access to a movie folder.

i'm looking to grab this for december...anyone know how long they usually take to ship to toronto? also, do you think i should wait a little bit to see if a newer model comes out, or should i just buy it now?

thanks in advance!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Ordered one through geekbuyer. Hope to get it this week on their free shipping option.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
i've been waiting for my order from geekbuy since Oct. 7 :(
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
townie22 wrote: i've been waiting for my order from geekbuy since Oct. 7 :(
:(

May be I can cancel and order through Ali instead.
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
townie22 wrote: i've been waiting for my order from geekbuy since Oct. 7 :(
Me too, I ordered the $40 MK802+ from Geekbuying since 10/10 but the tracking number hasn't shown up at Canada Post yet.
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
moufasa wrote: couple questions...

i have a NAS set up...if i hook this up to my dad's TV, can i access the files if it is on the same network?

also, i noticed for my smart TV, i don't need any passwords to access any of the files even though i have them password protected if you try accessing them via desktop/laptop. anyone know how to prevent him from accessing all of my files? i just want to grant access to a movie folder.

i'm looking to grab this for december...anyone know how long they usually take to ship to toronto? also, do you think i should wait a little bit to see if a newer model comes out, or should i just buy it now?

thanks in advance!
Is your NAS sharing through Samba or NFS? Here's my setup:
- Win7 machine as NAS and share through SMB
- Install ES File Explorer and MX Player on Android.
- Access LAN from ES File Explorer, login with appropriate credentials
- Browse and stream play movies through MX Player

another option is to use Windows Media Center to stream to a DLNA client like Skifta.

You can create a different ID for your dad and only give him permission to the appropriate folders over SMB.

These things take a long time to arrive. The MK802II I ordered from aliexpress took about 1 month. I'm still waiting to hear the status on the MK802+ from Geekbuying since 10/10. So if you're looking for a Christmas gift, better to order ASAP.
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10202 posts
3116 upvotes
Montreal
gromitlad wrote: Wow, you surprised me with that link! :) Did not think such an animal existed. CTY doesn't have much of a description or any user reviews, but perhaps it's like this cable at Amazon, which apparently is meant to carry analog signals over hdmi to an analog device. It does not convert the signal. The two top reviewers, both positive and negative, explain much better than I did about digital/analog conversion and why the cable won't work in most situations. Maybe this cable would work in this situation, but it's a gamble!
The problem is you won't have sound with this, so you won't be able to watch any videos or play games with sound.
Aug 9, 2007
683 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe this deal will help those who need a monitor for this:

Canada Computers: Asus 23.6" Widescreen LED Monitor w/1920x1080, 2ms, HDMI, Speakers $150 AR

http://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/comput ... rs-150-ar/

Paired with the MK802, you can hang them on the wall anywhere in the house for an instant media center / internet station.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)