Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Aliexpress

Umidigi A5 Pro smartphone ~$120

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2021 5:38 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
BobSagget wrote: Out of curiosity, I enabled a mobile hotspot on my PC to share my PC's internet connection. It created a wifi connection my phone can connect to. Despite that connection being 2.4ghz as well (5ghz doesn't work for some reason), it seems to work just fine on my phone along with my bluetooth headphones. I have no idea why this doesn't seem to cause interference like the wifi connection from the router does, but I'll take it.
So for whatever reason, this definitely is a fix for the issue I was having.
Tested it last night while trying to fall sleep to a youtube video (screen off, audio only) and it never buffered a single time.
Nov 26, 2003
209 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
my top two back cameras dont work, anyone else have the same issue? only the super wide one 3rd bottom camera works
i get a black screen, even on other apps like snapchat and ig same thing

tired a factory reset too, same thing
Jun 5, 2007
398 posts
392 upvotes
Shangri-La
mkannuri wrote: one problem solved, this app is great..thank you..

now answering the phone by swiping is an issue most of the times..any other tip to fix this?
Just did a Factory Reset on mine and it fixed the swipe problem when answering the phone, was getting tired of calling people back half the time. The phone also seems much more responsive and faster could be my imagination though.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
cheers2 wrote: Just did a Factory Reset on mine and it fixed the swipe problem when answering the phone, was getting tired of calling people back half the time. The phone also seems much more responsive and faster could be my imagination though.
oh really..factory reset :-(
shit..i have to go thru the apps loading again after that..its PITA
Dec 9, 2010
167 posts
44 upvotes
Welland
I purchased this on last Amazon deal for $131.52 on Lightening Deal Oct 21, question and hope okay to ask here it says will support a 256GB Micro SD cards. I use an iPhone day to day Canada, This is for trips to US as l live on boarder so hop back an forth and Snowbird. I am going to put an Ultra Network US Card in along with my KnowRoaming for travel outside Canada / US. Pictures will be taken and Google Maps and internet searching will be primary use. I don't want to cheap out on Micro SD Card but is 256 not likely over kill in size for my purpose? Suggestion please I was thinking 64 or 128 SanDIsk Ultra.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9826 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Did anyone figure out how to disable amber alert in this phone. I root explorer it and find out the cellbroadcastreceiver app is missing from the prog-app folder.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
PCreighton wrote: I purchased this on last Amazon deal for $131.52 on Lightening Deal Oct 21, question and hope okay to ask here it says will support a 256GB Micro SD cards. I use an iPhone day to day Canada, This is for trips to US as l live on boarder so hop back an forth and Snowbird. I am going to put an Ultra Network US Card in along with my KnowRoaming for travel outside Canada / US. Pictures will be taken and Google Maps and internet searching will be primary use. I don't want to cheap out on Micro SD Card but is 256 not likely over kill in size for my purpose? Suggestion please I was thinking 64 or 128 SanDIsk Ultra.
Right. HUGE overkill, even if you stay there for a few months at the time.

Something like this: Sandisk Extreme 64GB will be more than 'nuff IMHO....

Edit: $10 more for 124GB BUT - considering everyone is bitching about poor camera - you probably won't need it... and I don't believe anyone will shoot RAW with this phone...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Dec 9, 2010
167 posts
44 upvotes
Welland
max011 wrote: Right. HUGE overkill, even if you stay there for a few months at the time.

Something like this: Sandisk Extreme 64GB will be more than 'nuff IMHO....

Edit: $10 more for 124GB BUT - considering everyone is bitching about poor camera - you probably won't need it... and I don't believe anyone will shoot RAW with this phone...
Thanks - think I will go with 64
Dec 8, 2013
783 posts
727 upvotes
British Columbia
Anyone using this on Freedom Mobile? I activated wifi calling and it works for incoming calls but not outgoing for some reason. Anyone have a fix?
Customer of:
Rogers/Red Wireless and Fizz Mobile
Jul 12, 2019
15 posts
13 upvotes
A5Pro Wifi calling on freedom mobile only works with incoming call and text.

Outgoing wifi calls are routed thru mobile network (3g). Outgoing wifi text sometimes work.

If you are roaming internationally (eg Hong Kong), wifi calling on A5Pro WILL be charged at roaming rate.

In countries with no roaming agreement (eg Singapore), outgoing wifi calls won't work, even with Freedom mobile supplied phones.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
BrianTanH wrote: A5Pro Wifi calling on freedom mobile only works with incoming call and text.

Outgoing wifi calls are routed thru mobile network (3g). Outgoing wifi text sometimes work.

If you are roaming internationally (eg Hong Kong), wifi calling on A5Pro WILL be charged at roaming rate.

In countries with no roaming agreement (eg Singapore), outgoing wifi calls won't work, even with Freedom mobile supplied phones.
I'm calling BS. Used WiFi calling in Europe all summer long at $0 cost.

Did you complain to Freedom? What did they say??

Most probably you didn't know how to properly set it up.

EDIT: And, no, it is NOT hardware dependent!
Last edited by max011 on Jan 10th, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
BrianTanH wrote: A5Pro Wifi calling on freedom mobile only works with incoming call and text.

Put your phone on airplane mode. Then, enable wifi. Using VoIP app to call over wifi as often as you like and no roaming charge as your SIM is still on airplane mode.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Jul 12, 2019
15 posts
13 upvotes
embguy wrote: Put your phone on airplane mode. Then, enable wifi. Using VoIP app to call over wifi as often as you like and no roaming charge as your SIM is still on airplane mode.
We are talking about VoWifi here. Not VoIP apps.
Jul 12, 2019
15 posts
13 upvotes
max011 wrote: I'm calling BS. Used WiFi calling in Europe all summer long at $0 cost.

Did you complain to Freedom? What did they say??

Most probably you didn't know how to properly set it up.

EDIT: And, no, it is NOT hardware dependent!
Are you using A5Pro?

My iPhone8 from Freedom works in Hong Kong but not A5Pro.
In Singapore, both phones only supports incoming call and text.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
BrianTanH wrote: Are you using A5Pro?
Yes, and also Zenfone 3. No issues.

Couple of years back, ZTE Grand x4 [sold by Freedom!!] however, never worked on any WiFi even if that was advertised feature. Tried going there couple of times, but they were not able to make it work.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Sorry for waking up this old thread.
Has anyone installed A1 or A2 microSD card as internal storage?
If yes,
which card are you using? and
how it the performance? slower, faster or the same?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)