Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AliExpress

Viofo A119 V3 Dash Cam + GPS + CPL filter + Hardwire Kit - CA$139.96

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2019 12:32 pm
Nov 11, 2006
330 posts
207 upvotes
East Kootenays
cruisn76 wrote: I use to move my dash cam between my own car and company car. I bought these velcro (the same ones 407ETR gives you for you transponder) and pre-wired my car and work truck for plug and play. I don't recommend the 3M doublesided tape and that is not removable from car to car.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/scotch ... 1000831222
Yes totally agree, 3M tape can be a pain at times but for me it provides the best stability and least amount of vibration (if cam mount itself isn't worn). I just make sure we have ample mounts for our cams installing in those vehicles where we plan to use...

With the Viofo cams (V3 here) I bought extra GPS modules mounting them in those vehicles seeing regular use. Works very slick since there's no need to disconnect USB power cable since module itself also has USB power-in port.

For temp installs just use suction mount(s).
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
w4d12340 wrote: Perhaps fortunate enough to have paid for item with a CC that offers Extended Warranty Protection for the 2nd year (e.g., Costco Mastercard, Aeroplan Visa Infinite)?
If that's the case, would the CC still cover it if purchased from AliExpress using that CC?
Jul 19, 2012
336 posts
728 upvotes
Victoria
I own an A118, 119 and 129. All are good, with better design happening with each new release. The 129 allows you to connect to it via a phone app.

High endurance cards are essential. Recommended cards have died after 3 years for me but there is no notification. I went to download some video recently and the card was dead. IMHO it's best to pick a card with a 3 year guarantee reviewed at https://carcamcentral.com/
Then replace your card after 3 years even if it's still working.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: If that's the case, would the CC still cover it if purchased from AliExpress using that CC?
It depends on the terms of your card's insurance - some will state must be purchased in Canada.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
nuropa wrote: yes, my A129 will go to parking mode automatically after 5 minutes of no motion if there is power, so power bank will work. you would have to deal with overheating concerns and made for dash cam power banks like Cellink NEO are very pricey . on the other hand, powerbank would definitely last longer than a car battery, my a129 hardwired can't do more than a few hours of parking mode because of 3 yr car battery.
Wondering if it's just cheaper to keep a portable powerbank in the glove compartment box and run a charging cable to it, then have the dashcam connected to the powerbank...

So it'd be car USB or cigarette lighter --> power bank --> dashcam... So when the car is off, the dashcam can still record using the powerbank battery.

It doesn't get as hot or cold in Vancouver, so it might be a possible alternative?
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Mar 4, 2006
474 posts
148 upvotes
That is possible, but the Li-ion or LiPo batteries used in most powerbanks can catch fire if they failed. Cellink NEO I believe uses LifePO4 batteries which are much safer but lower capacity. You will also need a powerbank that have a power pass through feature allowing it to be charged and power USB devices at the same time.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
tmonies wrote: Wondering if it's just cheaper to keep a portable powerbank in the glove compartment box and run a charging cable to it, then have the dashcam connected to the powerbank...

So it'd be car USB or cigarette lighter --> power bank --> dashcam... So when the car is off, the dashcam can still record using the powerbank battery.

It doesn't get as hot or cold in Vancouver, so it might be a possible alternative?
I've done this before with the A119 (v2)...I should check and see if there is a way to get motion only when using the powerbank.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Nov 22, 2007
302 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Am looking at 2 of the duos for both cars. Thinking better to put it both on front and rear of both cars. Don’t want to hardwire so is there an option to use in park mode with some other form without draining car batteries? Thanks in advance folks
Feb 24, 2017
310 posts
316 upvotes
Why does the Viofo have a screen? I'm comparing this to the blackvue which is smaller and sleek.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
davebert wrote: That is possible, but the Li-ion or LiPo batteries used in most powerbanks can catch fire if they failed. Cellink NEO I believe uses LifePO4 batteries which are much safer but lower capacity. You will also need a powerbank that have a power pass through feature allowing it to be charged and power USB devices at the same time.
True... Just thinking though, a 10,000 mAh power bank battery should be able to provide 10 hours of continuous recording after the engine is shut off, right? And if the recording is only 3 minute clips, that would equate to 200 clips?
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30055 upvotes
Center of Universe
tmonies wrote: True... Just thinking though, a 10,000 mAh power bank battery should be able to provide 10 hours of continuous recording after the engine is shut off, right? And if the recording is only 3 minute clips, that would equate to 200 clips?
In parking mode, it will last weeks, if not a month, as the dashcam will only record if it senses movements or shocks.
Mar 4, 2006
474 posts
148 upvotes
That is how it should work, but keep in mind that there will be conversion loses going from the battery, the voltage converter and then to the camera. I tested a 12v 25,000mAh, 300Wh LifePo4 battery pack and was only able to get my Viofo A129 duo running for 60 hours continuously in loop mode and 65 hours in the buffer parking mode. My USB testing show only about 101 to 106Wh was consumed in these 2 modes before the battery protection circuit cut in to turn off the dash cam.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I order on the day this post was made and the package has arrived in Toronto. Pretty quick shipping time considering the 11.11 backlog.
Oct 24, 2005
974 posts
225 upvotes
My arrived yesterday as well.

Anyone know of any deals on endurance microSD cards out there right now?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mattchoo wrote: My arrived yesterday as well.

Anyone know of any deals on endurance microSD cards out there right now?
I picked up a Lexar 128gb class 10 micro sd card a few days ago from Staples for $19.99. Will be using that once I have a chance to install the dashcam in the car. It's oos online but you might be able to find stock in store. It's part of their pre-Black Friday sale.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
For those that missed this, it seems the Bandgood deal for the a129 duo is decent too -- $159 cad. So only $20 more than this deal but you get 2 cameras instead of 1
https://tinyurl.com/syeor7h
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer