Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Xiaomi Xiaofang 1080p Smart Wifi IP "Small Square" Camera : $19.69 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2019 2:04 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2005
1030 posts
488 upvotes
Markham

Xiaomi Xiaofang 1080p Smart Wifi IP "Small Square" Camera : $19.69 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
$19.69 USD
Updated June 24, 2017
*updated prices
*added Fang hack step by step instructions from user joelones

Most of these sites charge is USD and make the CAD exchange unrealistic so the prices are quoted below are in USD.

The following sites sell this camera for the prices listed below with links embedded. The best price to date will be at the top.

***************************************************************** *****************************************************************

EXPIRED PROMOTIONS/SALES
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.banggood.com $23.49 USD EXPIRED April 4, 2017
FastTech: $23.10 USD use code REDPACKET EXPIRED Feb 2, 2017
FastTech: ~$29.62 CAD / $22.09 USD use code: TOAST EXPIRED Jan 2, 2017
https://www.fasttech.com/products/6376100
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other RFD deal links to this camera:
$16.98USD cafago-xiaomi-xioafang-1080p-smart-wifi ... e-2107583/
$39.93CAD xiaomi-smart-1080p-wifi-ip-camera-39-93 ... e-2055468/
$33.24CAD tinydeal-com-xiaomi-xiaofang-1080p-port ... 4-2065740/

For some detailed step by step instructions how to apply the Fang Hack that enables RTSP streaming please use this link from user joelones (aka Bobby)
Please thank user joelones for his post here: xiaomi-1080p-smart-wifi-ip-small-square ... p27607854/

ImageImage

Main Features: Specs and pics link: http://xiaomi-mi.com/news-and-actions/s ... rt-camera/
• 1080p
• 1/2.7 inch CMOS sensor
• 8X digital zoom
• F2.0 aperture
• 110 degree super wide angle FOV
• IR-cut, support day and night auto switch
• Built-in 2pcs 850nm IR LEDs, support night vision range up to 9m.
• Supports motion and sound detection
• When the camera microphone detects a smoke or carbon monoxide alarm siren, it will send you an email notification with a picture. Info link
• Two-way audio (full duplex)
• Supports external microSD card up to 64GB
• Magnetic bracket, it can be mounted on any metal surface
• Supports time-lapse photography
• Uses "Mi Home" app on the Apple Store or Google Play
• IP camera performance: Motion detection, night vision, real-time video capture and recording

Specifications:
• Motion Detection Distance: 9m
• Required Power Supply: DC 5V 1A
• Wifi Distance : 10m
• Mobile Access: Android, iOS
• Alarm Notice: Email Photo
• Language: English
• Maximum Monitoring Range: 9m
• Sensor: 1/2.7inch CMOS
• Lens: F2.0 aperture
• Resolution: 1920*1080
• Audio Input: Built-in mic
• Audio Output: Built-in speaker
• Infrared LED: 2pcs/850nm, 0.5W
• Infrared Distance: 9m
• Environment: Indoor
• Operate Temperature: 0-40'C
• Working Humidity: 90% RH

NB.
  1. Ensure you select Mainland China as the locale when configuring the Mi Home app or you will not be able to add this camera. As well, the date/timestamp reflects this + 13 hour timezone ahead of EST)
  2. *UPDATE*The menu language in the required Mi Home Android app is in english in both Android OS and iOS.
  3. You can turn off IR (used for night vision) so that you can point this out a windows without the IR glare (tested and works very well)
  4. *UPDATE* Early models of this camera does not come with the necessary USB 5V 1A power adapter. Later models shipped in mid Jan 2017 in the smaller square box do come with a USB power adapter.
  5. You can adjust the sensitivity of the motions detection (low/med/high) but you currently cannot schedule hours/days to turn motion detect on and off.
  6. There is a project on GitHub to enable RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol): https://github.com/samtap/fang-hacks and https://github.com/fritz-smh/yi-hack/issues/118
  7. For some detailed step by step instructions how to apply the Fang Hack that enables RTSP streaming please use this link from user joelones (aka Bobby)
  8. This is an indoor, not an outdoor camera
Last edited by Hobbesgsr on Dec 17th, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 53 times in total.
Thread Summary
FAQ
  1. This is NOT actually a Xiaomi camera. It's made by one of Xiaomi's business partners, Hualaikeji, the same company that makes iSmartAlarm.
  2. Contrary to ******** FAQ, this version is NOT compatible with iSmartAlarm. It is only compatible with the MI Home App.
  3. Ensure you select Mainland China as the locale or you will not be able to add the camera (the date/timestamp reflects this. 13 hours ahead of EST)
  4. The menu language in the required Mi Home Android app is in english in Android OS and Chinese in iOS. Translation pic links below thanks to user dc519.
  5. You can turn off IR (used for night vision) so that you can point this out a windows without the IR glare (tested and works very well)
  6. This camera does not come with a power supply. You will need a standard USB power adapter rated for 5V 1A.
  7. You can adjust the sensitivity of the motions detection (low/med/high) but you currently cannot schedule hours/days.
  8. There is a project on GitHub to enable RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol): https://github.com/fritz-smh/yi-hack/issues/118
  9. This is an indoor not an outdoor camera
  10. Download Mihome app from Google Play store or Apple Store. You need to sign up with a Mi account before you can add device. Sign up within Mi Home app and it will ask for your email, and you may have to log into your email within Mi app to register.
  11. Same camera can be shared with multiple devices that has different Mi home accounts. Once camera is connected to on phone, open Mi home app and in general setting, go to share device, and share the camera with another Mi home account (need account ID or email). Receiving account has to accept the sharing in his Mi home app, and may have to restart the app/phone to be able to see the camera.
http://v.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/002 ... iginal.jpg
http://w.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/002 ... iginal.jpg
http://g.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/002 ... iginal.jpg
http://u.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/002 ... iginal.jpg
1369 replies
Feb 18, 2013
28 posts
30 upvotes
SAINT-LAURENT
Thanks, Just bought 3 of them.
could even pay with bitcoins yay !!
Nov 21, 2009
908 posts
256 upvotes
Surrey
kobi514 wrote: Thanks, Just bought 3 of them.
I personally would wait until RSTP hack is implemented. One review video available in another thread which only shows the framerate of a low quality video... which probably means crappy frame rate on 1080p
Dec 25, 2006
236 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
kobi514 wrote: Thanks, Just bought 3 of them.
Haha crazy! I'm trying to limit myself to just 1 every time there's a deal so I don't go crazy like the last time they had good cameras in this range.
Feb 18, 2013
28 posts
30 upvotes
SAINT-LAURENT
I don't expect it to be an amazing video quality as they described.
I just need then control some areas.
Appreciate your heads up, I plan to buy more. I guess I'll wait, Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1282 posts
830 upvotes
SASKATOON
kobi514 wrote: I don't expect it to be an amazing video quality as they described.
I just need then control some areas.
Appreciate your heads up, I plan to buy more. I guess I'll wait, Thanks
Anybody know how reliable the smoke alarm detectors is? I just bought a nest alarm, but this might be a lot cheaper to do.
Jan 2, 2012
162 posts
46 upvotes
FORT MCMURRAY
Could this work as a baby monitor system?
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2005
1030 posts
488 upvotes
Markham
ripjohnnyc wrote: Anybody know how reliable the smoke alarm detectors is? I just bought a nest alarm, but this might be a lot cheaper to do.
I have a Nest Protect and this camera could replace the basic functions of a good smoke and carbon monoxide detector. The Nest protect adds a few useful features such as voice support, scheduled testing and ability to remotely silence the alarm. Plus used alongside a Nest thermostat it adds turning off the furnace and fan if it detects smoke as well as a motion sensor.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2005
1030 posts
488 upvotes
Markham
MrFruggle wrote: Could this work as a baby monitor system?
That's a perfect use case. Later on use it to monitor your kids activities in their playroom, basement or backyard.
Nov 21, 2009
908 posts
256 upvotes
Surrey
Hobbesgsr wrote: I have a Nest Protect and this camera could replace the basic functions of a good smoke and carbon monoxide detector. The Nest protect adds a few useful features such as voice support, scheduled testing and ability to remotely silence the alarm. Plus used alongside a Nest thermostat it adds turning off the furnace and fan if it detects smoke as well as a motion sensor.
I don't think it has a smoke/CO monitor. if you look at the pictures/diagrams in description, it shows a diagram with the camera connected to an external detector. I think they just wrote the english description confusingly to raise sales.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1282 posts
830 upvotes
SASKATOON
ssy080 wrote: I don't think it has a smoke/CO monitor. if you look at the pictures/diagrams in description, it shows a diagram with the camera connected to an external detector. I think they just wrote the english description confusingly to raise sales.
Hmm I understood it as they camera uses its mic to detect the alarm of a standard smoke alarm.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
Has anyone actually tried this cam and can recommend it? Don't have any cameras at the moment and looking for my first
Nov 21, 2009
908 posts
256 upvotes
Surrey
ripjohnnyc wrote: Hmm I understood it as they camera uses its mic to detect the alarm of a standard smoke alarm.
Or that! In any case, I don't think it has it built in Neutral Face
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2005
1030 posts
488 upvotes
Markham
ripjohnnyc wrote: Hmm I understood it as they camera uses its mic to detect the alarm of a standard smoke alarm.
Sorry I should have been more clear. As I originally stated in the original description, this simply uses its microphone to listen to alerts (smoke detector siren/alarm) then send you an alert. It would still need a good smoke/co2 detector.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
adblink182 wrote: Has anyone actually tried this cam and can recommend it? Don't have any cameras at the moment and looking for my first
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
I guess no way to change setup and settings to English
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2005
1030 posts
488 upvotes
Markham
lifeisfuneh wrote: I guess no way to change setup and settings to English
Both ******** and Fasttech state in different ways that their cameras for sale are English versions. ******** through the QA section and Fasttech via the specs, which are copied and linked in the original post.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
thanks op. ordered one to play with. came up $33.xx all in which is cheap for a smart ip cam.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)