Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Xiaomi Xiaofang 1080p Smart Wifi IP "Small Square" Camera : $19.69 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2019 2:04 pm
May 28, 2007
349 posts
328 upvotes
CALGARY
karakoram wrote: camera doesn't loop record on motion detection? it should be able to do that
it was a native feature in the older cameras
it uploads a short video clip to the cloud on motion detection. There's no loop recording to the SD card.
Oct 19, 2013
472 posts
134 upvotes
bigdukesixer wrote: Hey guys got two of these unit now, great camera at a great price point.

I am using the fang hacks, works great
I'm planning to use this camera with blue iris. I'm not going to store anything besides fangs hack. Would a 2 or 4GB micro sd be good enough?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
1 GB would work, the hack is ~115 megs total, FangHack just partitions the rest into usable local storage for the camera.
Sep 1, 2016
89 posts
24 upvotes
Just received mine last week from ********. I ordered 3 of them and none came with a wall power adapter. Anyone else not have power wall adapter included?

What amperage should the power wall adapter be, 0.5amp or 1amp?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
DucDuc8 wrote: Just received mine last week from ********. I ordered 3 of them and none came with a wall power adapter. Anyone else not have power wall adapter included?

What amperage should the power wall adapter be, 0.5amp or 1amp?
1 Amp.
Oct 19, 2013
472 posts
134 upvotes
Bordak wrote: 1 GB would work, the hack is ~115 megs total, FangHack just partitions the rest into usable local storage for the camera.
Thanks. Now to see where I can pickup some low capacity micro sd cards
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1705 posts
1792 upvotes
I've been occasionally checking back on this thread as I'm interested in getting something to monitor my home with.
Sorry if a lot of this has been answered.
- It sounds like there may be privacy issues if I use the standard software that the camera is meant to run with?
- There is some sort of hack (fanghack) - What does this allow me to do vs the regular included software? Does it resolve the privacy issue?
- Is there any free software I could pair this camera with to stream and/or record with? specifically to cloud (like google drive)
Banned
Feb 13, 2017
951 posts
1283 upvotes
karakoram wrote: ******** is known to be painfully slow, bangood is $2 more but ships faster
seems to be sold out there.
Banned
Feb 13, 2017
951 posts
1283 upvotes
Can someone please confirm these simple questions for me. I read most o the thread, but these are so simple that it was not even mentioned haha

1) If I buy this cube like camera, I just need to connect it to a power outlet right? no need for anything else...The connection works via Wifi, not Ethernet?
2) Once connected, I can just view the camera on my phone? Does it record? Does it work with motion detection to notify me via the app, or does it just let me view it live?
3) Can I connect more than 1 camera on the app?
4) Is there a version outdoors I can use?

Thank you!
Apr 7, 2007
156 posts
132 upvotes
crocp8 wrote: Can someone please confirm these simple questions for me. I read most o the thread, but these are so simple that it was not even mentioned haha

1) If I buy this cube like camera, I just need to connect it to a power outlet right? no need for anything else...The connection works via Wifi, not Ethernet?
2) Once connected, I can just view the camera on my phone? Does it record? Does it work with motion detection to notify me via the app, or does it just let me view it live?
3) Can I connect more than 1 camera on the app?
4) Is there a version outdoors I can use?

Thank you!
1) Yes wifi only.
2) Yes but you need a micro SD card. Motion detection notify has some limitations.
3) Yes
4) No
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
karakoram wrote: ******** is known to be painfully slow, bangood is $2 more but ships faster
For reference, my last order from ******** took 12 days via e-parcel, and it was delivered all the way to the eastern edge of Newfoundland. That may not be the norm, but it was my experience as of last week.
Sep 2, 2014
451 posts
184 upvotes
Bordak wrote: For reference, my last order from ******** took 12 days via e-parcel, and it was delivered all the way to the eastern edge of Newfoundland. That may not be the norm, but it was my experience as of last week.
does it come with a power adapter? because someone has confirmed that the one from banggood comes with power adapter.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
sammjm wrote: does it come with a power adapter? because someone has confirmed that the one from banggood comes with power adapter.

My two from ******** had power adaptors, my one from Tinydeal did not.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5071 upvotes
East GTA
Could anyone share their home surveillance setup? For example the hardware and sotlftware you are running your home surveillance network. I've heard of some open source programs that work well, what setups do most people use?
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
redkulat wrote: Could anyone share their home surveillance setup? For example the hardware and sotlftware you are running your home surveillance network. I've heard of some open source programs that work well, what setups do most people use?
For Linux, ZoneAlarm is awesome and free. For Windows, ISpy has a working free version, but so much of it is gated behind a subscription model that I found it frustrating. Blue Iris 4.0 is a great Windows based security program, very customization, but it has an up front cost.
Oct 31, 2002
939 posts
40 upvotes
Bordak wrote: For Linux, ZoneAlarm is awesome and free. For Windows, ISpy has a working free version, but so much of it is gated behind a subscription model that I found it frustrating. Blue Iris 4.0 is a great Windows based security program, very customization, but it has an up front cost.
Do you know if Blue Iris works with these square cams?
thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)