Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AliExpress

Xiaomi Note 5 *Pro* 32/3 GB RAM/5.99"/Snapdragon 636/4000mAh/$138 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2019 10:55 am
Jan 2, 2014
929 posts
679 upvotes
grilw wrote: I'm used to holding the Galaxy S5 in my hand and that's about as big of a phone that I am comfortable palming for 1 handed operation.

Has anyone found this phone to be simply too big to be comfortable to operate / type with one hand ?
It's tiny in my hand
Mar 21, 2012
712 posts
679 upvotes
Edmonton
VitaXllent wrote: Not only would you be getting an extra gb of ram, you'd also be doubling the storage capacity. 32gb->64gb. I'd say that $30 is justified.
^ this. You'd be surprised how fast you can fill up 32gb now-a-days. 32gb is basically the minimum now. I had to get my mom a new phone because even just the base OS and a few apps consumed more than 16gb without storing any media. If you don't store anything on your phone, and transfer the photos to PC routinely, 32gb will be fine. But if you intend to store any media or take lots of photos, i'd say the $30 is justified to get that extra storage.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
ryanaz wrote: ^ this. You'd be surprised how fast you can fill up 32gb now-a-days. 32gb is basically the minimum now. I had to get my mom a new phone because even just the base OS and a few apps consumed more than 16gb without storing any media. If you don't store anything on your phone, and transfer the photos to PC routinely, 32gb will be fine. But if you intend to store any media or take lots of photos, i'd say the $30 is justified to get that extra storage.
If you have some one coming from india, there is a big festival sale going on and Redmi 6 - 6G/64GB for $130USD (around 10k INR)
https://www.flipkart.com/diwali-mobile- ... W5G5IUR0Z3
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for the link and i am in dilema to buy this for $185USD ($250CAD) and wait for 1 month to arrive
or
Order from Flippkart to a friend who is coming from india for $176USD and its shipping will be as less as a week maximum
Sale is for INR12,999 vs. Regular price 14,999.

PS: I was eying this phone only due to dual sim which will be very useful during traveling where we can buy the local SIM without swapping.
If some one can suggest/recommend a decent dual sim for this purpose similar to Note 4/5 with in GTA will be appreciated.
Jan 18, 2017
824 posts
421 upvotes
Hows MIUI 9 ? Debating between this and the A2 lite for FIL. I like google updates but I hear MIUI isn't bad these days. 3gb should be fine, I'd spend the $30 saved on a 64-128gb microSD ...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
mkannuri wrote: Thanks for the link and i am in dilema to buy this for $185USD ($250CAD) and wait for 1 month to arrive
or
Order from Flippkart to a friend who is coming from india for $176USD and its shipping will be as less as a week maximum
Sale is for INR12,999 vs. Regular price 14,999.

PS: I was eying this phone only due to dual sim which will be very useful during traveling where we can buy the local SIM without swapping.
If some one can suggest/recommend a decent dual sim for this purpose similar to Note 4/5 with in GTA will be appreciated.
Keep in mind that the Indian version does not have all of the required LTE bands for NA.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
Can some one post the direct link of Global Version of Note5 3/32 for $138USD as the title says as i dont find any thing less than $150 using OP's link
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
vkizzle wrote: Keep in mind that the Indian version does not have all of the required LTE bands for NA.
Yep, i have read some where about these bands, but i am on Chatr which is 3G anyways :-)
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1459 posts
629 upvotes
Canada
mkannuri wrote: Can some one post the direct link of Global Version of Note5 3/32 for $138USD as the title says as i dont find any thing less than $150 using OP's link
Doesn't exist for the Global version which has never come down that low yet. That price is only ever for the Chinese version, and never for the Indian Pro version either.

The title is just ridiculously uninformed.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
tntdeal wrote: Doesn't exist for the Global version which has never come down that low yet. That price is only ever for the Chinese version, and never for the Indian Pro version either.

The title is just ridiculously uninformed.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Op @Glancealot can you please update the title or please provide if you can still find the for $138USD as mentioned in the title.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1609 posts
389 upvotes
mkannuri wrote: Thanks for the confirmation.

Op @Glancealot can you please update the title or please provide if you can still find the for $138USD as mentioned in the title.
Which store is reliable and able to receive within 10 days?
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1459 posts
629 upvotes
Canada
timeoninternet wrote: Which store is reliable and able to receive within 10 days?
Most stores with DHL shipping will get it to you within 10 days easily.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2014
1149 posts
895 upvotes
Grey County, ON
Some AliExpress sellers are offering a slight discount on the Redmi Note 5 Global Version (whyred) for the 11-11 sale. The color selection doesn't seem to be great at the moment, though, and not all of those sellers are providing free shipping to Canada. As people here have mentioned, the 4 GB RAM & 64 GB storage model is the better choice because those specs are ideal for a mid-range phone sold in 2018. If you really want this phone to perform at its best, unlock the bootloader, say goodbye to MIUI and flash a custom ROM such as Pixel Experience. It's a night-and-day difference.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1105 posts
71 upvotes
Mississauga
Most of the prices are hovering between $239 - $275 Canadian... but you can also get the Note 6 for the same price.
What gives?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
kuba wrote: Most of the prices are hovering between $239 - $275 Canadian... but you can also get the Note 6 for the same price.
What gives?
doesn't seem like a significant difference,... the processor, ram and rom are practically the same, you're potentially giving up the modding community/support for what?
Last edited by T3rry on Oct 29th, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1105 posts
71 upvotes
Mississauga
T3rry wrote: doesn't seem like a significant difference, looks like its a bit bigger screen at over 6" thats when its starts getting awkward... but the processor, ram and rom are the same, you're potentially giving up the modding community/support for what?
I've been done with modding for a few years since getting the OnePlus, so I'm out of the loop with this. So the Note 5 you can mod, but 6 you can't?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)