Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
aliexpress

Xiaomi phones sale ~ Redmi Note 4 $203.60, Redmi 4 $ 153.38

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2017 11:10 pm
Dec 6, 2008
300 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
Balzard wrote: So what's the consensus between the hugely popular Redmi Note 3 Pro and the newer Redmi Note 4?
From what I can gather, the 4/4x have slightly less performance than the RN3 but better battery performance. If you can find a 4x with 4/64, I'd go with that. If you are not desperate, the RN5 will be out this summer if rumors are to be believed.
Just some guy in Ottawa.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2932 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
Wizard1 wrote: Willmyphonework.net is highly of of date and inaccurate now a days. Better if you may learn the requirements for frequencies and see what the advertised phone supports

The note 4x actually benchmarks lower than the 4 by 10k on AnTuTu. But the battery life on the 4x is amazing
in this comparison you are comparing note 4 MTK vs Note 4 SD. this phone is note 4 SD. this phone is the 4x.

there are four versions of this phone and 3 of them are almost the same and have interchangeable roms, just different LTE bands.

The Redmi Note 4, originally launched in China with Mediatek Processor..
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi...atek)-8291.php
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)

Then the Redmi Note 4X, which is the same as above, but with a Qualcomm SD 625 processor.
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4x-8580.php
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)

Then there's a third variant, Redmi Note 4 with qualcomm processor SD 625 and limited bands for sale in countries like India. Don't buy this if you're gonna use it in Canada.
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4-8531.php
4G bands LTE band 3(1800), 5(850), 40(2300)

And then there is the one we are looking at!

The Global Version with SD processor, so specs are more or less the same as the other SD versions except for LTE bands which include: 4G:FDD-LTE B1/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20,TD-LTE B38/B40

The last 3 are all codenamed mido and according to XDA posts, ROMS are interchangable, you're just either SD variant or MTK variant. Main difference in SD variants is that they have different sets of LTE bands unlocked/ready to go on the SD 625. I think I heard the Indian one has cheaper build with plastic at top and bottom on the back and maybe also cheaper camera.

Also I don't believe 4x has released with 4/64 yet. I would definitely not go with 4x because way fewer bands for a good experience in Canada. And RN5 looks like it will come out in July and August. Would be amazing if it had ALL the bands but chances are that they will follow the same pattern as this year with staggered regional releases.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
good price for the spec, did anyone deal with Xiaomi for warranty issue? How is the MIUI? thanks
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2326 posts
685 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
Ah, got excited for black Mi5 shown, but once you go to the actual store they only have white and pink.
Jan 30, 2017
81 posts
144 upvotes
I have an honor 5x with the following specs 2gb ram with CPU Octa-core (4x1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53) on the rogers plan, is it worth upgrading with the xiaomi note 4 global? Or should i just wait for the next release of mid range/flagships like hopefully the honor 9 or axon pro 8.
Dec 6, 2008
300 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa

in this comparison you are comparing note 4 MTK vs Note 4 SD. this phone is note 4 SD. this phone is the 4x.

Also I don't believe 4x has released with 4/64 yet. I would definitely not go with 4x because way fewer bands for a good experience in Canada. And RN5 looks like it will come out in July and August. Would be amazing if it had ALL the bands but chances are that they will follow the same pattern as this year with staggered regional releases.
Thanks for the really good info. I do want to add that I could be mistaken but it seems the 4x 4/64 is available.

http://www.xiaomidevice.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-4x.html
Just some guy in Ottawa.
Aug 2, 2010
120 posts
96 upvotes
Calgary
I also ordered a phone during the 11.11 sale and it came on Dec 28th.
JMik wrote: I order on the 11.11 sale and it arrived in mid-February. Definitely anticipate 90-120 days on any orders, or pay extra for DHL and then pay even more for brokerage.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2932 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
taskmule wrote: Thanks for the really good info. I do want to add that I could be mistaken but it seems the 4x 4/64 is available.

http://www.xiaomidevice.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-4x.html
if i understand the website correctly, only chinese MTK version has 4/64 so far and only gold. all the 4x listed here are 3/32.

http://www.xiaomidevice.com/redmi-note-4.html?limit=36

on the page you linked it says all but gold 4/64 MTK are for pre-order for March 31 release? thought all of those except blue were already out and blue was the next release thing.

damn xiaomi for making two phones called note 4. and then releasing more versions of the second one. they should really all have separate names!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3741 posts
3508 upvotes
quazy wrote: man that's insane that they are making another phone with the same name, now with yet another cpu.
It's obnoxious, is what it is :/
Jul 10, 2005
299 posts
71 upvotes
GTA
c0d3 wrote: I ordered a phone from aliexpress.com in December with regular shipping and my phone never arrived.

Just a heads up for those who order.
I ordered a Redmi Note 3 for my aunt in December as well.

Buyer protection ran out of time.
Received full refund.
Last week the phone arrived at my door.

Yes. I contacted the seller to pay them back. I probably wouldnt have bothered if it was a random $1 screen protector or something. But I'd feel super guilty keeping a phone.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
ekimnal wrote: I ordered a Redmi Note 3 for my aunt in December as well.

Received full refund.

Yes. I contacted the seller to pay them back. I probably wouldnt have bothered if it was a random $1 screen protector or something. But I'd feel super guilty keeping a phone.
Since a similar situation happened to me, I would say that the seller mislead you and limited your options to buy anything else. How much time/effort did you spend checking, rechecking tracking websites and contacting them. What is your time worth. I for one, did not feel guilty. You tell me it takes a month, I'll give you an extra month leeway but if it comes in 3 months too bad.
Sep 9, 2014
627 posts
594 upvotes
Vancouver
sprung wrote: I'd also look at the newer Redmi Note 4X at $214CDN w/free shipping. Performance in games and camera both said to be slightly better.

http://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-No ... paign=home
LTE bands support is better for the Note 4 Global than the 4x. For instance if you have Public Mobile.

Edit: hadn't seen somebody had already mentioned that, my bad.
Last edited by Bryan2B on Mar 23rd, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 9, 2014
627 posts
594 upvotes
Vancouver

Received full refund.

I also ordered a Note 3 pro Global from Geekbuying in December. Still hasn't arrived. After a couple of emails they refunded me. But I'll indeed pay them back if the phone shows up really soon.

They should stop offering normal airmail to Canada. It obviously doesn't work. My Singapore Post tracking shows it took 6 weeks to arrive to Canada and the phone has likely been in custom limbo ever since.
Sep 9, 2014
627 posts
594 upvotes
Vancouver
quazy wrote: in this comparison you are comparing note 4 MTK vs Note 4 SD. this phone is note 4 SD. this phone is the 4x.

there are four versions of this phone and 3 of them are almost the same and have interchangeable roms, just different LTE bands.

The Redmi Note 4, originally launched in China with Mediatek Processor..
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi...atek)-8291.php
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)

Then the Redmi Note 4X, which is the same as above, but with a Qualcomm SD 625 processor.
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4x-8580.php
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)

Then there's a third variant, Redmi Note 4 with qualcomm processor SD 625 and limited bands for sale in countries like India. Don't buy this if you're gonna use it in Canada.
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4-8531.php
4G bands LTE band 3(1800), 5(850), 40(2300)

And then there is the one we are looking at!

The Global Version with SD processor, so specs are more or less the same as the other SD versions except for LTE bands which include: 4G:FDD-LTE B1/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20,TD-LTE B38/B40

The last 3 are all codenamed mido and according to XDA posts, ROMS are interchangable, you're just either SD variant or MTK variant. Main difference in SD variants is that they have different sets of LTE bands unlocked/ready to go on the SD 625. I think I heard the Indian one has cheaper build with plastic at top and bottom on the back and maybe also cheaper camera.

This is a terrific post.

Am I right that some sellers are selling the 4x but with a global ROM? Which won't unlock the LTE bands of the true 4 global?
Jul 15, 2010
567 posts
1125 upvotes
Vancouver

Received full refund.

Very nice that you got your phone, mine never arrived.

I am tempted on ordering this time around again, but not sure if I should try.
Dec 22, 2016
5 posts
4 upvotes
Ordered the Note 4 Global version Sunday night through Geekbuying. Paid DHL shippingfor $16. Shows coming this Monday (don't care about paying duties). In December I ordered through ******** (Note 4 Mtk version), almost 8 weeks going Singapore post route. Redmi Note 4 is a great phone for the price , but need Lte band 4 after trying to live without.
Mar 22, 2009
32 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
c0d3 wrote: I ordered a phone from aliexpress.com in December with regular shipping and my phone never arrived.

Just a heads up for those who order.
I ordered 2 phones. One from Aliexpress and one from Banggood. Both were ordered on Nov 29 and they both arrived a week ago, about 2 days apart. This took almost 4 months. When I tried tracking the phones, they both arrived in Canada in early February. I called Canada post and was told there was a backlog in customs and it could take more than a month for customs to process them. Thats the only info they could give me.

My point is, I've gotten everything I ever ordered from these Asian websites. It can take up to 4-5 months sometimes when you add all delays.