Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AliExpress

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Global Version - $200(CAD)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2018 1:37 am
Dec 26, 2010
374 posts
289 upvotes
I just double checked my purchase and it is indeed the global version. They even have a few pics of the box emphasizing the global version mark.
And B5, B4 and B7 are all there as well.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
goofball wrote: There is always some confusion with xiaomi phones. They do release phones meant for specific regions with different bands, while all are capable of running a global ROM. I think some sellers don't understand the difference but see that the ROM installed is a global rom so they assume global version.
I think I figured it out, looking at all the different websites (LITB, AE, Gear Best and Geekbuying).
What we need here in NA is the Global Version; whereas other countries is Global ROM
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2235 upvotes
GTA
FerinthuI wrote: Sounds like it's not actually the global version. I never lose service. Sometimes it takes a little long to call someone and connect.
Thanks. Did a reset and everything is fine again. Guess it is some apps causing this weird behavior.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1290 posts
295 upvotes
Damn, was hoping it was the Note 5 Pro lol.
Jun 21, 2009
529 posts
139 upvotes
Markham
not sure if i will wait till the pro comes out. Anybody has any idea when it will be released and for how much more than the Note 5 plus. Thanks.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North
Anyone know how good the wifi range/recieption is with this model? Looking to use it for pen testing. Anyone have experience with this and https://www.kali.org/kali-linux-nethunter/ ?
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Apr 6, 2008
589 posts
558 upvotes
Toronto
Those who are on Note 3 Pro, I'm having a good experience with Nitrogen OS. PM me if you'd like some links to help switch over.
Aug 31, 2011
367 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
duren11 wrote: Remember that software is the other half of the equation so it depends on how you feel about MIUI because LineageOS is not yet officially available. Usually it take 6mo-1y for this to happen, but maybe different this time around given project treble. The note 4 already has unofficial treble support.

I believe AOSIP is available. I have messed up Redmi Note 3 that refuses to run LineageOS but runs Kenzo AOSIP perfectly.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1290 posts
295 upvotes
valence wrote: not sure if i will wait till the pro comes out. Anybody has any idea when it will be released and for how much more than the Note 5 plus. Thanks.
Pricing is probably similar to the A1, but for the global/international release, no idea.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
goofball wrote: The note 3 (Hennessy) used a Helio processor, whereas the Pro used a Snapdragon 650, which is not the same processor as the 625.
That said, I would hope the camera would be better than the RN3, as I found that camera to be very bad.
With the 625, this should get much better battery life than the RN3 Pro with the 650 processor.
Sorry, i got amnesia. I meant SD650 which is arguably better but slightly less power efficient than the redmi 4 & 5.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
Bit off topic, but wanted to know if any one ever bought this phone directly from a store in China?
I am going next month for vacation to Beijing/Shanghai and wondering if any one can point a local store where I can purchase it for the same or lesser price.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6151 upvotes
mkannuri wrote: Bit off topic, but wanted to know if any one ever bought this phone directly from a store in China?
I am going next month for vacation to Beijing/Shanghai and wondering if any one can point a local store where I can purchase it for the same or lesser price.
You will have a difficult time finding a global version at a brick and mortar store in China. They mostly sell phones that are for the domestic market.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10205 posts
11263 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: You will have a difficult time finding a global version at a brick and mortar store in China. They mostly sell phones that are for the domestic market.
Very true. For my visit to Shanghai last year it became clear that the only place to get global versions of the phones were at the corporate stores in the tourist areas, and the prices were more then online, so not worth it.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
repatch wrote: Very true. For my visit to Shanghai last year it became clear that the only place to get global versions of the phones were at the corporate stores in the tourist areas, and the prices were more then online, so not worth it.
Thanks, guys..
Well as someone said..probably order online and deliver it to the hotel as I am staying 3 days in the same hotel.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
4418 posts
1724 upvotes
Toronto
superxxxstud wrote: Sorry, i got amnesia. I meant SD650 which is arguably better but slightly less power efficient than the redmi 4 & 5.
SD 634 in note 5 pro is the only one faster than Snapdragon 650 in note 3. Note 4 and note 5 uses 625 which is only a53 with no bug cores.

I have note 3 , 4 and will be getting note 5 pro.
Sep 9, 2016
79 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone know where to buy the Xiaomi note 5 pro Global version? Seems like a better deal
Dec 26, 2010
374 posts
289 upvotes
Not sure of 100% accurate, but in some of the numerous reviews I read/watched they mentioned that Xiaomi was dropping the "Note" for the "Plus"
Apr 6, 2013
311 posts
482 upvotes
spig01 wrote: Anyone know where to buy the Xiaomi note 5 pro Global version? Seems like a better deal
I don't think it is on sale until tomorrow, but from what I can find online, it only supports LTE bands 1, 3, and 5. Which would be an issue for some carriers in Canada. The note 4 has band 4 which is common in Canada for LTE.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
Mysticode wrote: Went from Nexus 6P to a Xiaomi Mi A1. It runs stock Android as is on the AndroidOne program from Google, so fast updates. Highly recommend it and it's also around $200 USD.
i would use a 6P today but with their battery and bootloop issues and already having been burned once , i just smashed it with a hammer I would not buy another again
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3800 posts
1275 upvotes
tsuda wrote: Got the Xiaomi Mi4 3 years ago, still works as new, and just got the MIUI 9 update. Which other company (Apple, Google, etc.) updates your phone after 3+ years? Samsung, LG, stops after one year because they want you to buy their new phones. Background app control can be aggressive to get good battery performance, but can also be configured flexibly.
Very happy with Xiaomi and will likely get another one if this one weren't working so well after 3 years!
Apple updates their phones up to 5 years ;))

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)