Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2005
2248 posts
260 upvotes

All GM owners get 25% off Toronto Auto Show tickets

https://www.gm.ca/gm/english/offers/che ... erview-srd

If you own a GM (Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Pontiac, Saturn, Saab, Hummer) you can get 25% off tickets for the auto show in Toronto this year.

All you have to do is enter GM's "Win the Ride, Live the Life" contest and they e-mail you the instructions.

https://www.gm.ca/gm/english/offers/che ... erview-srd
2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium, 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6, 2016 Camaro SS, 2007 Cadillac SRX, 2015 Z06
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5450 posts
288 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Yay! We own a few GMs, I get a discount that my tax dollars helped to finance! Awesome!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9172 posts
381 upvotes
Markham
Did anyone actually receive the discount details?

Surprisingly my GM van hasn't had many problems!
:lol:
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19745 posts
1477 upvotes
It's not like it asks you for a VIN or anything though right, so really you don't even need to be a GM owner, you could just put in that your current car is a GM right? lol
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2459 posts
156 upvotes
Save $5 in exchange for your personal information like your name, home address, and phone number? Can't trust anybody these days. No thanks!

You can get $3 off coupon from any VW dealer without giving out any of your info.
Aug 17, 2008
665 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
i entered everything but i didn't get my email, anyone have the link???
Feb 9, 2009
208 posts
24 upvotes
They deserve something for all their trouble....maybe they'll find a better vehicle at the show :-)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5450 posts
288 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Si98 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2011 10:07 am
Save $5 in exchange for your personal information like your name, home address, and phone number? Can't trust anybody these days. No thanks!

You can get $3 off coupon from any VW dealer without giving out any of your info.

which is only 15% off :o
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5450 posts
288 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
for some reason I didn't get any emails from GM regarding the discounted tickets. strange.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2010
2021 posts
15 upvotes
thanks for the post, pretty sure one of my friends will be interested to know this.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2007
3329 posts
382 upvotes
Valleywood
Who has the e-mailed link or copy of the coupon?

I need to save $10 for Tuesday and GM has not responded to my submissions. :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2005
2248 posts
260 upvotes
If they didn't send the discount they might not have your VIN on file. Call 1-800-GMDRIVE and ask for the GM owner 25% off tickets. Tell them you saw it on their facebook page and give them your VIN.
2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium, 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6, 2016 Camaro SS, 2007 Cadillac SRX, 2015 Z06
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
5537 posts
248 upvotes
smallest auto show to date. it seems like its dying or something compared to when i went in 08. all the exotics were basically 1 car per company with lambo having a 3? i think. hyundai had some nice stuff, lexus the CT hatchback which seemed really nice. Audi had a nice display as well as bmw and merc as usual. GM/chevy had a stage with kids doing backflips off car's hoods and bad break dancing, awesome way to advertise your cars, people jumping on and of them. Thats a selling point i guess?! Caddy had some nice stuff and one of their concepts. Mazda and mitsubishi were boring as usual, barely spot volvo on the floor an lastly Ford had a nice display area mostly pushing their new hybrid and e motor stuff alongside the usual trucks. Mini had a nice showing and Fiat just had their 500 in multiple colors which is basically a mini cooper made out of bubbles, meh.

nissans only interesting thing was the juke, and since its styling is aimed at blind 16 yr old girls, needless to say i didnt spend too much time perusing it. Infiniti was a total bore and every car in their lineup looks like a bloated whale with nice interiors which is a shame because they would rival audi in styling if they wouldn't have screwed up their exteriors so bad.

15 bucks seems like a ripoff if it wasnt for the fact that i got 2 tote bags back which cuts the price to 11 bucks for entry if we put it in RFD terms lol. I was in at around 11 and out by 2-2:30, in 08 i was there till 7pm while running around from the skydome to the metro and whatever the 3rd location was. different times i suppose.

Personal highlights were:

Hyundai Elantra - nice exterior, very nice interior for the price and it destroys civics as well as mazda 3s on that alone, dont know about the cruze from chevy.
Lexus CTh - very nice hatchback but its hybrid only, so unless you own a house, its a pointless purchase. hoping to see it with a bigger 4 cyl engine later on, very nice car.
Cadillac SRX - nice CUV that can actually give a run for its money to the audi and lexus competition. Very nice interior, spacey and decent engine choices, not bad considering the old SRX was a boat on wheels and DOA in the market.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
7918 posts
322 upvotes
There was no Lexus lounge this year and I was hoping that Audi would have had something like this, but they didn't.

Aside from that, I spent most of my time at the south hall.
× < >