[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1085 posts
261 upvotes
Winnipeg
Trader Score: 3 (100% Positive)

All Sold - I don't know how to 'end' this post

*** All sold - I don't know how to 'end' this post....

I have a few activated Thunder Bay Tel Prepaid SIMs in Winnipeg. Mail to Toronto Ottawa Vancouver Calgary Edmonton is 4-7 days depending on Cda Post.

The expiry date can be extended by a year if you add $100 (plus $13 taxes) onto the chip.

Others have varying amounts of data left on them and will be priced accordingly.

It is a standard SIM (15 x 25mm) in size and is pre-cut so you can punch out either a Micro SIM (12 x 15mm) or Nano SIM (8.8 x 12.3mm)

Best is Free pickup in Winnipeg as I can show you it working (maybe you have a friend or relative here and they could come by?) ...or... I can snail mail it to you and walk you through using the account over the phone.

Details of the benefits of this SIM can be found at: tbaytel-prepaid-data-125-20gb-365-day-expiry-1397855/

Basically, you pay me through Interac or cash, I send you the SIM and once you get it - and you test it out - I send you the login information for the SIM . You change the password and contact details for yourself, you load the account with $100/year (plus taxes of $13) and it's good for 365 days. Incoming calls are 20 cents a minute, outgoing calls to Canada or USA are 40 cents a minute.

You can tether (make your phone into a wifi hotspot so others can access the Internet) with this SIM and many people use it with Fongo or voip.mp. Fongo allows you to place phone calls over the data connection.

The SIM comes with an 807 area code number - which you cannot change- but you can have any area code number you want on your Fongo account. You can even 'port' an existing number over to your Fongo account for $25.

10 GB can be loaded for $70 (plus taxes so $79.10 total) or 20 GB can be loaded for $125 (plus taxes so $141.25 total). You can also load 2500 SMS for $10 or 5000 SMS for $15.... plus taxes.. Both last for a year....

Best of all, you DON'T HAVE TO use your data every month - there is no minimum data usage per month. You have it any time you want. So you can use 100 MB one month and 3 GB the next.

Tbaytel has NO MAINTENANCE FEE. No 911 fee, unlike Speakout or Petro Canada. So your Account balance will not drop unless you buy data/SMS/airtime.

The SIM can be used anywhere in Canada on the Rogers network (I used it for the past 4 years in Winnipeg and while travelling in Vancouver and Ottawa). It also will work in the USA - however I turned off data while down there and just used the phone and text functions.
Last edited by careh on Dec 14th, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 47 times in total.
54 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1085 posts
261 upvotes
Winnipeg
Trader Score: 3 (100% Positive)
bump (because there is no 'search' function in this buy / sell forum)