Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Xiaomi Piston 3 with mic - $15.99US FS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2015 2:42 pm
Tags:
None
261 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2449 posts
2914 upvotes
Laputa
75 Yuan in China... it's about $15 included tax, but this one has free shipping.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2449 posts
2914 upvotes
Laputa
jkam wrote: Legit site?
Registrar Info
Name: HICHINA ZHICHENG TECHNOLOGY LTD.
Whois Server: grs-whois.hichina.com
Referral URL: http://www.net.cn
Registered On: January 11, 2003

seems legit
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
As far as I can tell, yeah. But I'm generally not too worried about risks on small purchases like this. Worst case scenario, it's a CC chargeback. I don't mind taking risks on small $20 purchases like this. It's the big purchases where I'm more wary.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2449 posts
2914 upvotes
Laputa
Canadianpsycho wrote: Time for a Xiaomi subforum.
ROFL!!!

Well... I can tell you guys that there is a common sence in China - Xiaomi only knows(pretty good at) how to marketing, but doesn't know how to make good product...

I wont buy any Xiaomi product... don't ask me why, I just said it.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2449 posts
2914 upvotes
Laputa
MoMoneyMoHoney wrote: Someone mentioned it on the other forum that these guys are selling the piston 2.0 for $11.99USD, so I would exercise some caution before buying. It's entering the "too good to be true" price.

https://www.allbuy.com/detail/6678014B- ... ADCCF13B3B
that earphone is 25 yuan = CDN$5 in China, plus cheapest shipping fee 20~40 yuan. total < CDN$11
that website is selling as US Dollar.

They are still making profit
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1263 upvotes
MoMoneyMoHoney wrote: Someone mentioned it on the other forum that these guys are selling the piston 2.0 for $11.99USD, so I would exercise some caution before buying. It's entering the "too good to be true" price.

https://www.allbuy.com/detail/6678014B- ... ADCCF13B3B
I'm thinking the v3.0's are still too new to have counterfeits made. Usually they wait to make sure the thing is a success before they rig up the production for lower quality knock-offs. Xiaomi is a major brand now, but its still not a sure thing, like copying samsung or apple gear.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1312 posts
1187 upvotes
Hongcouver
Millenniunn wrote: ROFL!!!

Well... I can tell you guys that there is a common sence in China - Xiaomi only knows(pretty good at) how to marketing, but doesn't know how to make good product...

I wont buy any Xiaomi product... don't ask me why, I just said it.
Actually, I was skeptical at first, but I purchased a Xiaomi (Red) phone last year and the Yi camera a few weeks ago, and I gotta say they are really good quality and you can't really complaint the price...

You know a product is VERY GOOD, when it is made in China and others are making counterfeit versions of it.
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1309 posts
237 upvotes
Calgary
Are these the earbuds that deliver electric shocks to your inner ear?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2266 posts
1670 upvotes
I would stick to banggood, ibuyyougo or something known to sell genuine xiaomi items
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2449 posts
2914 upvotes
Laputa
DealPanda wrote: Actually, I was skeptical at first, but I purchased a Xiaomi (Red) phone last year and the Yi camera a few weeks ago, and I gotta say they are really good quality and you can't really complaint the price...

You know a product is VERY GOOD, when it is made in China and others are making counterfeit versions of it.
You cant complain the price because there are not that much phones in NA, but in China, too many brands that you may never heard and they are all cheap.
Compare to other brands like meizu, oppp, bbk, one plus, the internal work is really bad...

I am not saying the phone you got is that bad with its price, just saying if you compare to other Chinese brands.. it's bad.

Their product isn't VERY GOOD... and seriously im not talking about counterfeit versions of it.

Just show u a example of its marketing:

Xiaomi just released a headset days ago, look at its AD (talking about distortion rate) on official site (on that day!).
It provokes AKG and Sennheiser, everyone is "hehe" on Weibo include AKG, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic official accounts.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dgLDkMf.jpg[/IMG]

btw im Chinese and there are too many discussions on Zhihu (Chinese Quora), people all know the truth...
Feb 6, 2013
26 posts
8 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I don't really have high hopes at all but I sent the website an email asking if they were legit.

[QUOTE]You cant complain the price because there are not that much phones in NA, but in China, too many brands that you may never heard and they are all cheap.
Compare to other brands like meizu, oppp, bbk, one plus, the internal work is really bad...

I am not saying the phone you got is that bad with its price, just saying if you compare to other Chinese brands.. it's bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there are a lot of bad companies out there and I agree with you when you say that you don't trust most of these chinese brands but Xiaomi's pistons are greatly reviewed and are arguably the best headphones at this price range (according to many head-fires), don't be too quick to disregard them, if not the company then at least check out the reviews of the headphones, theyre pretty solid.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3316 posts
1209 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
I have the v2 and they are great, but I will wait for someone to confirm these are legit before I place an order
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2449 posts
2914 upvotes
Laputa
Bruddah wrote: I don't really have high hopes at all but I sent the website an email asking if they were legit.

Yeah there are a lot of bad companies out there and I agree with you when you say that you don't trust most of these chinese brands but Xiaomi's pistons are greatly reviewed and are arguably the best headphones at this price range (according to many head-fires), don't be too quick to disregard them, if not the company then at least check out the reviews of the headphones, theyre pretty solid.
I didnt say I don't trust those Chinese brands... they all established many years, just NA people dont know them, they are all good brands and have their own famous products in China. As I said... im Chinese, I knew Xiaomi when it established, I know all its products before it enter NA market, so im not making quick disregard decision.

Why I am saying Xiaomi is good at marketing? one of the reasons is there is a career that write good reviews on all famous websites in China... Xiaomi use is ALOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Anyway, im not trying to stop you guys to buy Xiaomi product, im just trying to explain and let you guys know Xiaomi isn't that good. SO you can see "huge discount" everywhere, not because the website is illegal as many people worry about, the truth is those earphones actually very cheap in China market just as a normal earphone (I mean it's not that good enough to have very good sound quality but it works fine).
Dec 12, 2009
103 posts
9 upvotes
wearysky wrote: As far as I can tell, yeah. But I'm generally not too worried about risks on small purchases like this. Worst case scenario, it's a CC chargeback. I don't mind taking risks on small $20 purchases like this. It's the big purchases where I'm more wary.
Are the headphones genuine though? Tons of counterfeits of all these small consumer electronic items floating around.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3462 posts
1108 upvotes
GTA
Bruddah wrote: I don't really have high hopes at all but I sent the website an email asking if they were legit.
Why do people do this? This is so incredibly dumb to me.
Why the hell would anybody ever respond with 'No, we are selling a fake product.'?

@Millenium- Their Piston line is known to be good, and have been positively reviewed for years. Most people know they are a 'cheap' brand, but the product in question is good, and that's what's being discussed, not the brand in general.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)