Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Allen Edmonds 2 for $300 Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2012 2:34 am
Tags:
None
Dec 15, 2010
33 posts
29 upvotes

Allen Edmonds 2 for $300 Sale

Hey everyone, there is currently a sale going on for select styles at 2 pairs for $300 USD.

This is from an email I recieved from the Allen Edmonds shoe bank.
[QUOTE]The following styles will be included in the 2 for $300 outlet promotion July 23rd - Aug 5th

Neumora black, brown

Shelton walnut w/ brown saddle

LaSalle black

Clifton black, walnut

Winnetka brown

Golf - all factory seconds

Brooks Brothers - Presidio, Shelton, Elgin, McTavish, Montgomery,

Burton, Cortland, Hastings, Hinsdale, Mapleton, Hale, Parkland, Milford, [/QUOTE]

In terms of shipping to Canada, there is a $20 shipping charge.

To order or get more information, you need to email Shoebank@allenedmonds.com

I'm currently in the process of ordering myself, so if theres any further questions I will try my best to answer them.
129 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Jun 24, 2007
64 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm interested in getting just one pair, is there a price for that?

Or if anyone is interested in splitting an order with me in the downtown Toronto area, send me a message (I only want 1 pair)
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Sharing an order like that is a good idea.

I was always torn between getting a black and a brown shoe for my first pair of really nice dress shoes to go with my new suit. Now I don't have to decide. Why not consider that too?

Or, if none of the two options work out for you, order two pairs and sell the other on Kijiji for a slightly inflated price to make a tiny sum of money.

I've been conversing with their customer service via e-mail and have been receiving the fastest responses I've ever seen from a retail company. I am this close to pulling the trigger on two pairs (one black, one brown). I'm trying to see if they can either ship my order quickly before my upcoming out-of-country travels or if they can hold my pairs for me until I get back to complete the transaction. I just don't want the order to arrive while I'm away and I'm unsure what happens to my package if that were the case.
Nov 10, 2004
892 posts
690 upvotes
Chatham
i would be interested in sharing an order too but how are the sizing & shipping costs etc.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
Can you get this deal in store?
I am going to Buffalo on Thursday
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
cire wrote: i would be interested in sharing an order too but how are the sizing & shipping costs etc.
For sizing, I had to go to my local Harry Rosen today to try on some pairs. They fit large on me, so I had to size down.

As for shipping, OP mentioned that it costs $20 to Canada. However, I'm currently awaiting an e-mail from customer service detailing the shipping method and cost, and if there will be any customs, duties, tariffs, import taxes, and all of that nasty extra money we might be expected to fork over.
zz000ter wrote: Can you get this deal in store?
Best of luck if you want to attempt this. Looking forward to seeing if you can pull this off south of the border.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2881 posts
5134 upvotes
Hopefully I hear something from them soon. Want to get my monk straps on!
Jul 29, 2007
153 posts
55 upvotes
Anyone want to split in Calgary?
Jan 28, 2006
220 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP. I emailed to place my order and was quoted shipping costs of U$25 for the first pair and U$5 for each additional pair.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2881 posts
5134 upvotes
Here is the ad:
http://echo2.bluehornet.com/hostedemail ... =i-3ML9sNr

So they are all factory seconds, ie slight imperfections.

I sent an e-mail about 3 hours ago, haven't heard anything back yet.

The sale is going on at their B&M outlet stores. So to take advantage of this sale, you can:
Stop by an outlet store and see what they have in stock at that store, and ask the salesperson to look up what the other stores have.
Stop by a regular store to check the inventory at the outlets (regular stores don't stock seconds, I believe).
Email a store to see what's available in your size (shoebank@allenedmonds and [1] freeport@allenedmonds.com seem to be the favourites).
Call an outlet store to check.
All the store locations (outlet or regular) can check the inventory of "seconds" and can ship them to you for free. Keep in mind that you're buying seconds, so inventory changes constantly as people buy/return shoes.
Apr 20, 2009
224 posts
90 upvotes
Montreal
When placing an order, ask them to ship by USPS. Otherwise, you will be hit with brokerage/duties.
Nov 23, 2008
382 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
I'd be interested in getting in on this, but I'm a bit concerned about leather-soled shoes. Anyone have any advice / experience with them? I've heard many different opinions, and it generally seems that while it's more traditional, it's less practical than rubber-soled shoes.

Would these work as an "everyday" shoe (put into a rotation of two pairs of shoes, including itself)? How would it hold up to being exposed to the streets of Toronto?
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
2594 posts
99 upvotes
mtlsg wrote: When placing an order, ask them to ship by USPS. Otherwise, you will be hit with brokerage/duties.
Wouldn't we be hit with duties anyway regardless of how it is shipped? They ain't going to be marking these packages as "gifts" or marking down the value... so customs will grab these either way.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Strangely enough, I am okay with the fact that these have been revealed to be factory seconds. Knowing me, I'll probably very slightly mess up a brand new pair within the first week of owning them anyway. Best if someone has already done that for me so I'm not paranoid about it getting its first tiny imperfection.

For zz000ter, now that this has been brought into the light, wouldn't you essentially have first pick and be able to sift through the various pairs of available shoes to find the ones that look the least messed up?
Zewo wrote: I'd be interested in getting in on this, but I'm a bit concerned about leather-soled shoes. Anyone have any advice / experience with them? I've heard many different opinions, and it generally seems that while it's more traditional, it's less practical than rubber-soled shoes.

Would these work as an "everyday" shoe (put into a rotation of two pairs of shoes, including itself)? How would it hold up to being exposed to the streets of Toronto?
Quoted from Russell Smith's "Men's Style: The Thinking Man's Guide to Dress":
Soles wear out long before uppers do. One way of ensuring your sole's longevity is to take your new shoes to your cobbler (you have a cobbler, don't you?) the day after you buy them and have him install a thin protective rubber sole over the leather before the original sole wears out. This procedure will cost you about twenty dollars. Make sure the rubber layer is not too thick, and it will be invisible. It will give you greater traction. And when it wears out, you spend another twenty dollars rather than buying a new pair of shoes.

Guys with a lot of money won't need or want to do this - in wealthy circles, this practice is seen to be a little parsimonious, and it is certainly more elegant to have a plain leather sole than one with a rubber coating, no matter how thin. Wealthy guys may worry that when they sit and cross their legs, their rubber protective sole will become visible and make them look like penny-pinching students. I still insist that if your cobbler does it right, the rubber layer will be completely unnoticeable from above. And if people are staring at the soles of your feet when you sit down, they are looking rather determinedly to find fault somewhere, so let them. The practice of resoling good shoes has saved me hundreds of dollars - I am currently still wearing, with formal wear, a pair of very plain black leather oxfords with a toecap (a line of stitching across the toe), which I bought from the Canadian firm Dacks in 1987, making them, at the time of this writing, eighteen years old.
Sniper001 wrote: Wouldn't we be hit with duties anyway regardless of how it is shipped? They ain't going to be marking these packages as "gifts" or marking down the value... so customs will grab these either way.
USPS has always been a gamble with me. Sometimes it'll get hit, sometimes it won't. FedEx and UPS shipments from the USA have ALWAYS been hit for me. Give me the gamble of USPS any day of the week. I'll make sure Allen Edmonds ships my order with USPS.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6733 posts
3994 upvotes
Toronto
Is there an Allen Edmonds store in Buffalo? Closest I can find is NYC.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2881 posts
5134 upvotes
Sniper001 wrote: Wouldn't we be hit with duties anyway regardless of how it is shipped? They ain't going to be marking these packages as "gifts" or marking down the value... so customs will grab these either way.
If it's shipped via UPS, DHL or FedEx, you're 100% hit with Customs/Duties and overprices Courier Fees.

If you go with USPS, it's $5 Duties + 13% Tax, but also the chance it slips through customs.
Zewo wrote: I'd be interested in getting in on this, but I'm a bit concerned about leather-soled shoes. Anyone have any advice / experience with them? I've heard many different opinions, and it generally seems that while it's more traditional, it's less practical than rubber-soled shoes.

You'd probably want a rotation of more shoes, but it could work. If you want your shoes to last and look good as age, you need to take care of them properly. Valet has a great visual guide to basic dress shoe care - basically, let them dry out between wearings, use cedar shoe trees, and buff/polish regularly. Avoid plastic shoe trees, which will help your shoes hold their shape but won't dry them out. Cedar shoe trees are $10-20/pr at places like DSW and Nordstrom Rack in the States or $40 at Harry Rosen, and there's no better investment you can make in your nice shoes.
http://www.valetmag.com/style/how-tos/2 ... 20908.php/

After a couple years of wear (~5), it might need to be resoled. Allen Edmonds will do this for their own shoes (obv at a fee). For shoes that need more than a simple resole, you may need a full recrafting. Here's an example of what you could expect.

http://i.imgur.com/45b0W.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2881 posts
5134 upvotes
@CanadaGooseForumAdmin

Are you from Toronto? If so, lmk if you find a good cobbler.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Unfortunately no. My battle will be greater than yours, as I live in a much smaller town and will certainly have a much harder time trying to find my first cobbler for my first pair(s) of nice shoes. :lol:

I just thought of something. Someone above mentioned the shipping prices are actually $25 for the first pair and $5 for each additional pair, not $20 for both pairs as OP was quoted. If this is the case, a whole bunch of you gentlemen in Toronto could get together on a single group/split order, especially since each additional pair only tacks on $5 more for shipping.

If these are factory seconds, I would imagine the inventory changes and fluctuates quite a bit, or not. Currently they have the styles I want in the sizes I need. My dilemma is now whether my order (which I still have yet to place, since it's past business hours as I'm typing this) will make it here before I need to travel out of the country in a couple weeks, or whether I can wait and hope my shoes are still available by the time I get back in mid-August.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)