Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
HarryRosen

Allen Edmonds "seconds" shoe sale - 1st pair $50 off, 2nd pair $100 off

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2013 5:36 pm
Sep 23, 2009
142 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto

[HarryRosen] Allen Edmonds "seconds" shoe sale - 1st pair $50 off, 2nd pair $100 off

For those familiar with Allen Edmonds (AE) shoes, hand made in USA, harry rosen and holts carries them.

Their "seconds" are slightly less than perfect shoes that usually go to their outlet stores in the states, but they also sell them online via their email.

shoebank@allenedmonds.com

Tell them your shoe size WITH width and they'll email back a list of current inventories in all their State outlets.

Any shoes $199 and over qualify for the "1st pair $50 off, 2nd pair $100 off" deal, with the exception being any non-current and Brook Brother labelled AE shoes. (3rd pair resets back to $50 off again, then 4th is $100 off)

Shipping to Canada is done via USPS for $25, plus $5 per addition pair.

There is a handling and HST for about $50 i think, so keep that in mind. STILL saves you a few hundred bucks compared to buying it in store.

I ordered the following myself and will update once I get them (my order takes 2 weeks since they have to ship it from two different warehouses)

$139 for Black Mctavish (originally $239 for "seconds" only, actual prices in USD store is $295, about $350 at CDN boutiques)
[IMG]http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore/Al ... lack_l.jpg[/IMG]
Overall Fit compared to Park Ave. Runs a little long, Runs true to width, Runs slightly large.

$150 for Brown Neumok (originally $200 for "seconds" only, actual prices in USD store is $250 and about $300 in CDN boutiques)
[IMG]http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore/Al ... rown_l.jpg[/IMG]
Overall Fit compared to Park Ave. Runs a little long, Runs slightly narrow, Runs slightly large.

Don't buy them unless you have been fitted in store and have tried on the park aves for sizing. All their shoes are built slightly differently and are all compared to the park avenues if you go on their website.

Happy Hunting~! Deal ends 13th of Jan.
61 replies
Sep 23, 2009
142 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Explanation about "seconds" for AE shoes

[QUOTE]What sort of defects are typical of their seconds? Could you describe or even show pictures of the seconds you've purchased?

In my experience, it's generally pretty darn minimal...however I've seen a couple pairs that I wouldn't be happy with.

The Cronmoks that I bought today had a small (1x1/8") black mark on the leather, close to the vamp. I spent 15 seconds with saddle soap and took that spot off. Beyond that, the toe of one shoe was burnished a tiny bit more than the other, but all that took was a tiny bit of polish and a brush for a minute. Now they look the same.

On the neumoks that I bought a few months ago, there was a piece of clear plastic (the thickness of 2 pages of paper) coming out of the side right above the sole. I used an exacto knife to take it off, and they were then first quality.

I literally couldn't find the issue in my walnut strands.

On the flip side, when I bought my Lubbocks, they had a pair in store...but I had a different pair shipped to me. The pair in the store had two minorly different color leathers, and I knew it would bug me, so I had a different pair shipped. New pair just had a wrinkle in the toe box (presumably from them being tried on), and that was all I could find.

I also almost bought their shoes that are laced similar to a baseball (red thread and all) for my dad, but the pair I saw were about 17 shades different and were completely unacceptable. The salesman said that was likely because it was put in a store window for months, and it bleached one of the shoes. That's the only pair I've ever seen that were truly horrible, and I've spent far too much time trying on seconds (oh, the joys of living next to an outlet that's stocked with seconds).

No matter what, the defect is supposedly never structural, and you can always return/exchange the shoe, so there's not a whole lot of risk. ...[/QUOTE]

-source reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmalefashi ... nd/c7tkr39
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Surprised to see another promotion on AE seconds so soon after the previous deal elapsed. Gave thanks to OP. :)

Won't be participating this time because I got my two pairs last time and still haven't broken them in yet, but potentially a good deal again!

To help out others, you should e-mail shoebank@allenedmonds.com with your desired size/width, and when you receive the inventory list, please copy and paste it here so we can build a public mini-inventory, obviously subject to change, but will give people browsing an idea of the different styles offered, because the availability does seem to differ with each sale. I lucked out on getting a black Park Avenue and walnut Strand in my size last time around during the "2 pairs of factory seconds for $300 + shipping" sale.

Best of luck to all! I can stick around to answer some questions to the best of my limited ability and knowledge on AE shoes and their promotional sales since I've bought from the Shoebank twice and both times went swimmingly.
Sep 23, 2009
142 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Were the HST and handling of shipping $50 for both of $50 per shoe, do you remember? Again, its a really good deal for those of us that don't have the opportunity to pay full price on these shoes. Also this promo is only for people that email them and know about it, its not really well advertised ;)

As for shoe trees, such expensive shoes need them if you want to wear them for 10+ years. If you want to get the exact same ones AE sells online ($20) you can actually order within Canada from Zelikovitz (ottawa)http://zelikovitz.com/index.php?page=sh ... &Itemid=53

Select Small, Med or Large and buy in bulk!!! a set of 3 pairs will run you only $14 per pair and amazing quality and feel. Comparison to the Bay which sells them for $30+, moores sells them for $20 (crappy version), and boutiques sells for $45 for same quality like Channers or Harry Rosen.
Dec 25, 2009
408 posts
19 upvotes
youknowjack8 wrote: Were the duty $50 for both of $50 per shoe, do you remember? Again, its a really good deal for those of us that don't have the opportunity to pay full price on these shoes. Also this promo is only for people that email them and know about it, its not really well advertised ;)

As for shoe trees, such expensive shoes need them if you want to wear them for 10+ years. If you want to get the exact same ones AE sells online ($20) you can actually order within Canada from Zelikovitz (ottawa)http://zelikovitz.com/index.php?page=sh ... &Itemid=53

Select Small, Med or Large and buy in bulk!!! a set of 3 pairs will run you only $14 per pair and amazing quality and feel. Comparison to the Bay which sells them for $30+, moores sells them for $20 (crappy version), and boutiques sells for $45 for same quality like Channers or Harry Rosen.
Yes, the duty was for both pairs, not each. Some of us got lucky and paid much lower than the standard $50 (I paid only $10, not sure why that was the case though). The previous promo had all Brooks models, so I would say yes. AE makes their entire line for Brooks (well, probably the most popular ones anyway)
Agree with you about the shoe trees from Zelikovitz. If you get 6 pairs, its even cheaper, and they didn't charge me tax on the order which included free shipping. I paid $79 for 6 pairs! Thats $13/pair. Can't beat that.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
How did you guys pay duty when the shoes are made in the US (NAFTA)?

I'm sure you can get your money back, unless we're talking HST taxes and not duties.
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
Dec 25, 2009
408 posts
19 upvotes
Nook wrote: How did you guys pay duty when the shoes are made in the US (NAFTA)?

I'm sure you can get your money back, unless we're talking HST taxes and not duties.
Sorry, I should not have said duty. You are right, there is no duty for US made products under Nafta. The fee is actually HST, and handling fee (for collection of the HST)
Aug 25, 2011
645 posts
313 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Question, how are brokerage fees handled?

Do I pay when I order or do I pay when they ship it to my door (I need cash on hand)
Dec 25, 2009
408 posts
19 upvotes
sinasdf wrote: Question, how are brokerage fees handled?

Do I pay when I order or do I pay when they ship it to my door (I need cash on hand)
Canada Post rep will take cash or credit card.
Mar 31, 2008
168 posts
56 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks for this link. I was just looking for shoe trees and was about to pay $40 for 2 on ebay. I got 3 for $46.50 (shipping and tax included).
youknowjack8 wrote: Were the duty $50 for both of $50 per shoe, do you remember? Again, its a really good deal for those of us that don't have the opportunity to pay full price on these shoes. Also this promo is only for people that email them and know about it, its not really well advertised ;)

Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2625 posts
2580 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know how quick they reply usually with sizings? Thanks!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton

Will a medium fit nicely for a size 8.5D?
hated on but respected.
Apr 13, 2012
397 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
i'm slightly interested so i shot them an email and will post what's available here in my size...
Sep 23, 2009
142 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
within 24hrs, but they are probably very busy right now since RFD and reddit just picked up on this deal.
Apr 6, 2004
476 posts
66 upvotes
youknowjack8 wrote: As for shoe trees, such expensive shoes need them if you want to wear them for 10+ years. If you want to get the exact same ones AE sells online ($20) you can actually order within Canada from Zelikovitz (ottawa)http://zelikovitz.com/index.php?page=sh ... &Itemid=53

Thanks! Ordered 6 for $79 with free shipping. I figured 3 extra for $32.50 more was worth it.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
youknowjack8 wrote: within 24hrs, but they are probably very busy right now since RFD and reddit just picked up on this deal.
I can attest to the rapid "within 24h" response time for both of my previous Allen Edmonds Shoebank purchases. Their customer service is admirable.

For those looking for more information that was shared in the previous July 2012 and November 2012 "2 pairs for $300 + shipping" sales, I participated in both and a lot of good information was shared regarding the styles offered as well as what you can expect when it comes to getting hit with extra fees. I've linked the threads below.

July 2012 sale:
allen-edmonds-2-300-sale-1206603/

November 2012 sale:
allen-edmonds-2-300-sale-til-nov-22-a-1 ... _type=full
Sep 23, 2009
142 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
this is awesome!!!!
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
For those looking for more information that was shared in the previous July 2012 and November 2012 "2 pairs for $300 + shipping" sales, I participated in both and a lot of good information was shared regarding the styles offered as well as what you can expect when it comes to getting hit with extra fees. I've linked the threads below.

July 2012 sale:
allen-edmonds-2-300-sale-1206603/

November 2012 sale:
allen-edmonds-2-300-sale-til-nov-22-a-1 ... _type=full
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3217 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Where in toronto would be the best place to try out these shoes?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Harry Rosen usually has some Allen Edmonds availability.

Various shoes are built on various lasts, so if you know how one particular last fits in-store, you can expect that other shoes built on that same last will fit the same, allowing you to confidently blind-buy. Same idea with the CG "slim insulated", "regular insulated", and "relaxed insulated" cuts.