Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

shoebank 2 for 300 closeouts

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2014 1:23 pm
Tags:
None
43 replies
Dec 28, 2009
863 posts
36 upvotes
what's the shipping cost and is there duties fees?
Mar 28, 2009
737 posts
345 upvotes
Ottawa
bondjames wrote: what's the shipping cost and is there duties fees?
New to this as well, I guess we get them to ship to a border holding facility? Also how do I determine the width, never ordered shoes like this...
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
there will be duties (about 20%)
shipping should be around 50 for 2
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
VietTran wrote: New to this as well, I guess we get them to ship to a border holding facility? Also how do I determine the width, never ordered shoes like this...
D is standard (what you would normal buy in stores), however it all depends on the last (shape) of the shoe. Only way to truly determine the perfect size, is to visit a Harry Rosen and size yourself for AEs.

Or, use AEs shoe size guide (https://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore/A ... _guide.pdf), should give you a pretty good idea.
Jul 28, 2007
153 posts
9 upvotes
Shows up for $299.99 for me

**Edit** Nvm found it!
Dec 28, 2009
863 posts
36 upvotes
fengfenglee wrote: there will be duties (about 20%)
shipping should be around 50 for 2

That's a lot of both shipping and duties.
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
bondjames wrote: That's a lot of both shipping and duties.
still cheaper than buying here, which is 400+taxes per pair
Dec 28, 2009
863 posts
36 upvotes
My math suck but I think it's around 463 by the time it gets to my door step it would be including shipping,tax and duties.
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
bondjames wrote: My math suck but I think it's around 463 by the time it gets to my door step it would be including shipping,tax and duties.
you realize we are talking about 2 pairs instead of 1 right?
do you really need math when you can buy 2 pairs with 463 vs. buying ONE pair from Harry Rosen at 400+taxes?
Aug 12, 2007
196 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
fengfenglee wrote: you realize we are talking about 2 pairs instead of 1 right?
do you really need math when you can buy 2 pairs with 463 vs. buying ONE pair from Harry Rosen at 400+taxes?
Is this the best deal anyone has seen on AE shoes or should I wait until a better deal?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2477 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
hvc wrote: D is standard (what you would normal buy in stores), however it all depends on the last (shape) of the shoe. Only way to truly determine the perfect size, is to visit a Harry Rosen and size yourself for AEs.

Or, use AEs shoe size guide (https://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore/A ... _guide.pdf), should give you a pretty good idea.
Just to iterate this point, a width in one style does mean that the same size fits for another. For example, I wear E Park Avenues, EEE Neumoks, and EE Ridgeways.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1913 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto
hvc wrote: D is standard (what you would normal buy in stores), however it all depends on the last (shape) of the shoe. Only way to truly determine the perfect size, is to visit a Harry Rosen and size yourself for AEs.

Well damn, I always though I was a 12 E, turns out i'm 12.5 D. Thanks for that chart.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1331 posts
1060 upvotes
Hamilton
WBP_Akdmk wrote: Is this the best deal anyone has seen on AE shoes or should I wait until a better deal?
The price is good but you have to remember they are seconds, you will be buying shoes with cosmetic defects.
May 1, 2005
243 posts
44 upvotes
Strand and Park Ave are not part of the 2 for 299 sale...move on....
Apr 19, 2003
430 posts
28 upvotes
Last time they ran the sale, it was 2 for $250 for close-outs. I'm sitting this one out.

Also, if the shoes are US-made, there is no duty due to NAFTA but you do pay sales tax (just GST for me in AB) and shipping (I paid $55 USD last round) and a Fedex fee (~$12 CAD) to pay your taxes on your behalf at the border. Some AE shoes were made in the Dominican Republic and those would have duty charged on them.
May 2, 2006
299 posts
23 upvotes
London
What email address do I order through?
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
Vincentec wrote: Strand and Park Ave are not part of the 2 for 299 sale...move on....
Strands and PA among other popular models will NEVER ever be included, as they will never be "closeout" models
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
funkdoobi wrote: Well damn, I always though I was a 12 E, turns out i'm 12.5 D. Thanks for that chart.
You could be a 12E - the print out could be a little off (I would imagine). Only way to be certain is to try them on yourself!
Drew123 wrote: What email address do I order through?
shoebank@allenedmonds.com
fengfenglee wrote: Strands and PA among other popular models will NEVER ever be included, as they will never be "closeout" models
This is simply incorrect.

All AEs could potentially have factory seconds - do you think because they're popular they simply discard the "cosmetically defective" shoes? They have had, and will continue to have, both the Strands and Park Ave's in seconds.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)